Bagseed making a run for it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoney B, right now I am at 3460 lumens per/sq ft with 56w per/sq ft. The 2700k spectrum really gives off a reddish orange glow. I will be adding another 42 watter to increase it to 4512 lumens and 72.8w per/sq ft.

If you can bump it to about 5,000 lumens, it would probably help quite a bit in bud size. Just a suggestion.

Good luck man! I can't wait to see your buds!

:mad: :mad: :mad: Out of six plants two are definately MALE! ***!!! It also had to be two of my best plants. Hell, I feel like crying:( . I am being punished somehow. The other Four have showed no signs of sex yet. I am too ashamed:eek: to show pics of these two as they will be on the back of a milk carton soon,lol!

newgreenthumb said:
Out of six plants two are definitely MALE! ***!!! It also had to be two of my best plants. Hell, I feel like crying . I am being punished somehow. The other Four have showed no signs of sex yet.
In some strains, males are the first to show sex and develop flowers. Mother Nature has given them this ability to maximize the reproduction of the species.

I hope that's the end of the males for you. The rest will be beautiful ladies!:D And Wonderful Thoughts Forever (***) to you too.

Don't sweat the males buddy, it is nothing you did wrong...actually, 4 females out of 6 from seed is pretty good:) . There is alot of talk about promoting females and such during veg, certainly can't hurt to try, but mother nature will always win a fight.;)

Thanks I needed that extra inspiration :), you guys always know what to say. By the way how much longer does it take for the females to show after the males have developed? A couple more weeks? :(

newgreenthumb said:
By the way how much longer does it take for the females to show after the males have developed? A couple more weeks?
You should see some female flowers starting any time now. It could be a couple of weeks, who knows? Patience, patience, patience...

We cannot make bud before it's time...

it took a bout 2 1/2 weeks for my female to show its sex it took the male about 1 week to show his sex

Well here is an update on my grow and finally I have a female out of six plants the males will be dried and used for hash and brownies. The female has been in flower for a couple weeks now and she is going real slow so I upped her dose of nutes to 3/4 strength today and the soil ph is at 5.5 after feeding. By tomorrow I should have a pic of her. She did unfortunately get some light burn. No more bagseed for me I am going to order T44 seeds for my next grow and I just purchase a 400 watt MH for my next grow with a conversion to HPS bulb soon to follow ("lets get ready to rrrruuumble!"). I do have three small bagseeds left that are in week two of veg so I will let them finish and flower at 12in height.

cant wait to see pics, when did you start giving your plants nutrients? my soil says good for 30 days and i am almost there. anything you recomend over another?

Noob if you are talking about my new little ones than they have been receiving nutes since tuesday. I added earthworm casting and mycorrizhal fungi to the soil mixture when i planted them in the new pots. Here a some pics of my only female out of six plants. She seems to be flowering slow as this is week 2 or 3 since she showed sex and it took 3 weeks just to determine what she was. She also had some burning from the lights which ave been moved to safe distance. And one pic of my new bagseed babies which I must say will be the last bagseed that I invest serious time and money into. This last time I used topsoil for gardens and added perlite and soil perfector lava rocks mixed in.

Grow Pics 018.jpg

Grow Pics 019.jpg

Grow Pics 020.jpg

Grow Pics 023.jpg

I have just recently added a 400 watt HPS to my setup. A fellow grower sold all his equipment for only $100USD which included (1) 400w HPS and (1) 400w switchable ballast and ten bulbs!! Yippeee! He also threw in his nutes and guano. Here are two pics of my little ladies with their new lighting. Unfortunately it brought my temps up to 110 F. Been trying to cool them off all day.:clap:

Grow Pics.jpg

Grow Pics 035.jpg

wow! thats hot. i have been re-looking through your grow and see that your plants are much bigger than mine during the samestages. i am on veg day 30 and my plants are 1 foot tall. i am going to the store today to get 2700k lights and switch to 12/12. i have never used any nutrients from day one, was this worng? i was under the impression that i should wait until the plants are bigger. ????? i also had my plants about 6 inches away from the lights at first, they are now about 1 inch away

Noob84 said:
i am going to the store today to get 2700k lights and switch to 12/12. ????? i also had my plants about 6 inches away from the lights at first, they are now about 1 inch away

The pros have stated that you want to avoid soil with nutrients already in them example: Miracle Grow that feeds for three months, as this can throw off your nutrient balance. Try to get some earthworm casting because this will be a basic living tea filled with microorganisms. I also use hydrogen peroxide mxed in with my nutes to help with oxygen to the roots. You can start at 6in with your nutes to be safe. Or when the second set of alternating nodes form. By the way the lights "2700k" would be excellent light spectrum just be sure to double your lumens for flowering. ;)

im in the same boat i started my baby dec 9th and to date havent used any nutes. im under 2 40w 2600lumen cfls.
if you are interested in my grow look under "ok take 2"

cool, will do, i am under "noobies first grow, hopefully i can change my name soon"

Here is the last one of the original six. It has been in flower for 3 1/2 weeks and has been showing sex since 11 days or so ago. She is coming along well for bagseed now under 400w HPS. And here are the new babies growing also, soon to be transplanted to new grow area and 400w MH. Right now they are under CFL's and they are soil grow with air being pumped to the root zone to aid in soil drying and nute uptake.:cool:

Grow Pics 040.jpg

Grow Pics 041.jpg

Grow Pics 036.jpg

Grow Pics 038.jpg

haha, looks like you are putting an old school project to good use. (top tv shows in the 90's) who says you dont retain anything from school? lol

Here are my new bagseed babies sitting in the sink getting a good soil leeching. How often should I be leeching the soil?

Grow Pics 045.jpg

Latest posts

Back