Balzos Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balzo905

North
Reaction score
Please :48:

Hey guys here's pics of my not so stealth box setup and my one lonely babe as things stand for now but those twenty seeds should be popping shortly and my black box will be in full use. Won't you pull up a chair?

Current seeds are random bagseeds I've been saving over the summer, also hanging onto 3 feminized seeds, Ladyburn 1974, Diamond Girl, and C99 Hybrid all of which I plan to grow and clone before next April.

Pretty cheap setup, Boxs drawer is adjustable in height and I will be putting a drip tray in soon, maybe. Cheers all

View attachment IMG_20141129_220220388.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_220205211.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_220255935_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_220312213_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_220319315_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_220418797_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_220424733_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_220438044_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_221501602_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141129_220502490.jpg

Bored so here's an update.

Roots for the Babe are beginning to show through the bottom holes in the cell, so i'll be transplanting into a slightly larger pot probably tomorrow.

7 of those germers popped, and protruded about 5mm out of their shell. Planted in Jiffy starter pellets and left in a low light area of the box (meter reads 500).

Was surfing around amazons cyber monday sales and found a 5500k cfl 85w for 15bucks with amazonPlus.. should be in in two days, will have to add another simple socket.

C+Gv

View attachment 120114.jpg

View attachment needs transplant12.01.14.jpg

Looks healthy. Will follow

I never really saw how big your box was? I am thinking that you are only going to be able to run 2-3 of plants in there. How many are you planning on keeping? I am quite sure that you are going to have to throw some away even before you get to the sexing stage as it is going to get overcrowded in a hurry. Remember that more plants does not mean more bud. In fact, if they are overcrowded, you will end up with less bud and the buds will be substantially smaller. Think of it this way (within reason)--your grow space is going to produce x number of grams, regardless of the number of plants you have. So, a couple of plants will produce the same or more than say 6-8 plants in there that are overcrowded. In addition, it is easier to take care of just a couple of plants, the buds will be larger, the plants will be easier to trim.

You really should look into T5s. You are getting a chunk of CFLs in there. You could be running a lot less watts if you stepped up to a T5 or HID lighting. CFLs are just the least efficient, cost the most to run, lumen for lumen, put out more heat, and grow less bud than any other type of lighting we use for growing. Also, the 5500K spectrum is not the greatest for growing. It is more the spectrum used to fight that seasonal thing some people get in the winter because of the lack of sunlight. How many watts

I would also really like to see drip trays beneath the pots. Most of us water to runoff and then let the plants sit for a bit to soak up the moisture that ran through

Morning all,
Xmas be a coming and i am definitely taking what Hemp says into consideration.

Just so everyones on the same page, not planning on flowering inside. I'm a country boy with A LOT of room to play with, when the seasons right; i am building an army.
my box is just for getting the babes on their way and when they can't fit anymore they will be moved to grow racks i have set up. they only have t-12(?)s but ill be upgrading shortly.

Really glad im getting the serious help right off the bat here folks and obviously hoping as many members see and share their advice as possible.

C+Gv

I did not realize that you were not flowering these, as you did not mention that anywhere, but.....It is only going to take about 2 months for the plants to go from seedling to a big plant. What are your plans between the time they reach maturity in Jan and when you can plant them outdoors? You will not be able to simple keep them under T12 light until spring.....

Also, why are you building an army? You are only going to be able to take care of x number of plants--you do not want to plant more than you can adequately care for. Cannabis left out on its own in the wild does not do well. For cannabis to grow dank buds it has to be taken care of on an individual basis. I know legal outdoor growers that do this for a living and find even 24 plants more than 1 or 2 people can care for adequately working pretty much full time. Don't bite off more than you can chew, I know it is easy to go crazy. But this is your first go round. Keep it simple and don't get more plants than you can take care of.

The plan is to grow them out and clone them, i've had requests for next years season already and clearly my space for plants at a time is limited so figured i'd start now. I have a lot of time on my hands lol...

Its been awhile, so i feel like any and all time i have to hone the skills is useful even if i have to cull some plants.

You do not mean that you are going to be growing clones for other people do you?

You are still going to need substantially more space and light just to sex the plants you have. Just trying to caution you to not get ahead of yourself--crowding plants is detrimental.

Nope just people looking for help so i want to have my skills down! I have a lot of room on my property for my patches :)

I hear what you're saying about space.. The gears be a turnin'...

hmm. i have at least 3 Fem seeds... the c99 ladyburn and diamond. feel like everyone would be in favor of me starting 1 or 2 of them instead of doing all these random whoknowswhats...

Thoughts and suggestions

C+Gv

Well, im glad I've got the views.
was hoping for some input..

cant really tell......wait another 6-7 days...those 2 green hair like things that are on each side of the stem are NOT gender parts

The first pic looks kind of boyish to me, not at all female, but I think it is too early. The last pic--that is just new growth and not pistils. The plants do not look big enough to be showing sex though and you do not have alternating nodes yet--how old are they? Weren't these bagseed? When they do start showing sex, keep a really good eye out for signs of it hermying.

a belated Happy New Year to the MPc!

Heres an update as they come along,
NovemberBabe got a transplant into a bigger pot and a pretty heavy trim about a week ago to get all the little growths along the stalk growing better; I think that's a preflower(there's one of these on the top of most node crotches going up the stalk)I've circled in one of the pictures, phones camera so quality was limited and that was the best shot i could get...

Improvement in growth definitely noted, just slightly concerned that now she's taking on a bit of purple and a lighter tone of green compared to the DecemberBabe that was topped about a week ago and has just exploded.
Been feeding both with thrive alive green on a half dose, so considering upping the nutes on NB just a bit.
Clearly I've done a bit of LST and I'm planning on topping NB about 3/5s of the way up soooonish.

Neither DiamondGirl nor 1974 seeds took, third times a try, and i have a successfully germinated C99 Hybrid planted in the peat pellet.

C+Gv :bong1:

View attachment IMG_20150120_152825581.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150120_152943751.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150120_153040608[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_20150120_142722612.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150120_152918938.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150120_152749576.jpg

It is my understanding that Thrive Alive is just a B-1 supplement, not a stand-alone fertilizer. Right on the front of the bottle it says, "Use as a complementary fertilizer to your regular feeding program. Also it is 1-1-1. I just don't think this is enough to keep a high energy plant like cannabis growing.

I also do not really think it is a good idea to take 40% of a plant when topping. Especially given that it does not look too healthy. I do think it is starving to death. Not all strains are going to require the same amount of food. If I fed my Satori what I fed some of my nute hog strains she would burn horribly.

Latest posts

Back