Barney's Farm Critical Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine go from clones straight to 3 gallon grow bags.
Then to either 10 or some to 20 gallon grow bags, thus my 2 flower tents.
1 has 1600 watts and the other 1000 watts.
To each their own, different parts of America, the weather, nutes, lights, air flow, etc. allmakes differences even on same strains.

Advice is just that, its a starting point, do what works for you, try different things.
This flowering I put 2 CK's into 20 gallon Grow bags and really fimmed them a lot and tied them down.
Next to them are a few 3 gallon Ck plants and in The other tent are some in 10 gallon bags.
I want a comparison. To see if its better to grow 20 3 gallon or 4. 20 gallon or 10. 10 gallon.
After harvest I'll know.

looks like a late greenhouse crop. about a 30x40 greenhouse lol. looks like mine are about a week behind yours outdoors .When did you flip them? and mine have the same sativa looking leaves. I have a Chernobyl next to one in the greenhouse and it's a sativa strain. their leaves are the same.

At this time I am absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt.... pretty sure.... that I was the victim of an error somewhere down the line and these 2 plants are NOT both Critical Kush.

Not a big deal.. it's all good but, these 2 plants look different. The leaves are different shape, they are different color, the plant formation itself is completely different between the 2. One is very "Christmas Tree" and the other is a screaming Sativa bush. LMAO

Now that the buds are forming, I can see they are totally different. The buds are completely different. They are not forming on the stems the same way. They don't look the same. And, they don't even smell the same.

One plant has all clear trics and the other is almost all cloudy, already.

Some time, somewhere, someone got seeds mixed up.

It's hard to tell all the differences in a picture but I'll try to get some examples tomorrow.

My guess is, they will smoke very differently as well.

Counting down the days. The one plant is really packing on the trics.

Hackerman, my three Satori pheno's are completely different from each other also with different flowering times so you never know.

Hackerman,

Same here, I cut clones from a CK, KNEW it was a CK, yet it look different than the other clones.
This confused me for some time, your right about the leaves looking different, but being the same plant, you'll see if you take clones, lol.
This seems to be a strange strain, but the smoke is real good so...... :)

Critical Mass my butt!!!!! LMAO

These buds better really start packing it on.

I am soooooooo disappointed in these breeders/seedbanks and all their claims.

If this is what the breeder industry considers "critical size" buds, I should be in this business because the buds from my bagseed were 3 times to 5 times bigger than these.

I must admit, these are the frostiest buds I have ever grown but the size (so far) is laughable. I mean, they're not bad. But to call them "massive" or "critical size" is a joke.

I have less than 2 weeks left. And, a lot can happen in 2 weeks so I am withholding final judgement but, at this point I am laughing at all the insane claims on the websites and forums.

All I can say is that this stuff better make be see Blue Meanies and Flying Gloves when I smoke it or, I'm going back to my bagseed and Miracle Grow. LOL

The last 2 weeks are crucial for packing on weight, so yeah.. hold off for a bit on judgement.

With that said, I've grown a few strains that were crossed with Critical and I've only had slight above average results. nothing that blew my socks off, but at the same time still not your grandpa's smoked. :D

This Critical Jack Herer I'm running for the 3rd time and it almost ready, takes around 78 days to finish according to everything I've read. I'm just trying to sustain them that long, though there's a long of yellowing going on. I think the callex are starting to swell a bit more, but it's hard to tell for me really.

Then, there's the Critical HOG I ran a year or so back. Worst stuff I ever smoked, but some of the best growing stuff I'd seen, as far as leaf vegetation etc.

And lastly, there's the White Critical I attempted (freebie) and it sprouted then fell over after a few days. ...... Bah....

I just can't seem to capture, on film, the incredible difference between these 2 plants.

Hopefully, my bag seed will help Barney work out that problem as well. When I planted 16 of my bagseed, I got 16 almost exactly identical plants. If I cloned, plant size (if different) was mostly determined by, the strength of the original cutting, the roots it grew, it's placement/location under the light, or some other environmental factor.... not unstable genetics.

Now, I am somewhat understanding and forgiving because when I crossed my first Indica plant with my Sativa bagseed about 10 years ago, I did have some varied results. Still, I was a total newb and amateur and I had no clue what I was doing. I expect more from professionals.

Check out this first shot. Look at the bud to leaf ratio on the bottom half of the plant. And, remember, I don't trim any leaves or branches unless they are dead so this is, pretty much the way the plant grows naturally. And, oddly enough, the plant on the right that has so much more leaf, also has much bigger popcorn.

Look at he second 2 shots. Granted, I have the one pushed aside but that is because it was growing wild into the light. Still it's hard to tell how incredibly different the branching is.

Even the buds are totally different (next 2 pics). One has plump and very straight hairs sticking straight out. The other has curly thin hairs that lay against the bud.

Take a whiff, you can tell they smell totally different (see attached scratch and sniff). LOL

One plant is real real frosty, the other is just OK. Last 2 pics. Again, these last 2 shots show the straight vs curly hairs.

View attachment budtoleafratio.jpg

View attachment compare1-1.jpg

View attachment compare1-2.jpg

View attachment budcompare-1.jpg

View attachment budcompare-2.jpg

View attachment frosty.jpg

View attachment frosty-2.jpg

Also, I harvested and dried the retard that I put outside.

Got an incredible 7 grams from the entire plant. Pretty darn good for my first outdoor grow. LOL

The pot is OK, I guess. Tastes and smells totally different than my bagseed (which is a nice change) but I wouldn't say the high was any better or different. I am not going to judge this strain based on this sample because it was not frosty like the other ones are. And, it was a runt so I just can't use it for any comparison. Still, getting my first real taste.

Day 46 and I see a couple amber trics. I'm sure these are just early birds because most of everything else is still clear with some mild clouds.

The breeder claims 55 to 60 days. Really nice to have a strain that matures this quickly. The worse thing about my Columbian bagseed was the 120 day maturity time. And, longer if you like amber.

Another thing I have learned. You are all right about trimming up the bottom branches. With a maturity time this fast, they never get a chance to even get popcorn size. Sure, it will go in the bubble hash bag but I have plenty of buds for bubble hash so why bother with popcorn.

Although, I'm not 100% convinced that it will send more energy to the tops, it definitely makes maintenance easier, looks better and provides a cleaner, healthier environment under the canopy. I can't quite see "lolly-popping" but these bottom branches are, pretty much useless.

See, I may be a little rude and take the devil's advocate many times but I do still know how to learn. ;)

I am anxious to try this. Should only be another week, or so. I'll quick dry a few bud to get an early taste but I guess I'll have to wait a while for the rest to dry and cure. Getting excited. :)

Flush? Why?

I usually feed right up to harvest.

What do you mean by, "since you're using Fox Farms"?

Thanks

Don't forget to flush since your using Fox Farms.

This is just nonsense imo. I use FF BigGrow and TigerBloomz and I don't flush at all. Also, I would put any of my buds up for the "Pepsi Challenge" if we could.

Do ya want bigger buds? Keep feeding.

Do ya want more trichomes? Keep feeding.

I feed just water last few feedings.

beautiful girls there, bud. Can't wait to see the finished med shot :)

Flush? Why?

I usually feed right up to harvest.

What do you mean by, "since you're using Fox Farms"?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Everyone has an opinion and different tastes. Some people smoke dead spider mites and rotted moldy buds after they dry, if you don't want to flush, don't.
I'm only stating what the FERTILIZER company suggests.
I've done it both ways and i'm telling you Fox Farms has a taste if not flushed.

Bush Doctor SledgeHammer® is a unique rinse formula designed to remove fertilizer buildup and encourage water movement through soil and soilless mediums.

Sledgehammer® helps release surface tension in the soil which will allow for optimum absorption of moisture and nutrition throughout the plant’s root system. Derived from an extract of the Yucca schidigera plant called Saponin. SledgeHammer® is organic and can be used for both hydroponic and soil applications.

For optimal results, follow the FoxFarm feeding schedule.

This is just nonsense imo. I use FF BigGrow and TigerBloomz and I don't flush at all.
Do ya want bigger buds? Keep feeding.

Do ya want more trichomes? Keep feeding.

I use the whole line, I don't want to smoke it though.
As far as bigger buds and more trichomes instead of flushing, IMO, that's nonsense.
To each their own.

Latest posts

Back