Barney's Farm Critical Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another valid point.
Have you ever had a cut on your finger and gotten any of the nutrients in it? it burns something fierce!
Do You want to smoke that?
Not Me, I flush.

Well, the topic has just become moot. Amber alert Amber alert.... LOL

I am taking this one plant tonight. At least, I'll take all the main buds and the top half of the plant.

This thing went amber almost overnight. I don't usually like any amber and I take my Sativa at the first sign (other than the few early birds). Since yesterday it went from about 1% to about 3% to 5% already. And, increasing by the hour, it seems.

I will take the best of the plant tonight and let the lower buds fill out a little while the other plant finishes. No sign of amber at all on that one. Just for the record, it's the plant on the left that looks like an Indica that is ready. The Sativa looking plant on the right is not showing yet.

I really only have 1 hesitation. It is only day 48. Seems a little early. The breeder claims 55 days and they are usually short. I was figuring 55 to 60. Not 48.

The buds don't seems to really be growing any more. I don't know this strain but the plant seems ready.

Here are a couple shots.

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-01.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-001.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-5.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-15.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-18.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-23.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-3.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-7.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-10.jpg

View attachment KushMothersBuds082514-25.jpg

They look very nice I've had them harvest very early too I like the strain a lot.

Nice juicy looking buds man.

I've had them harvest very early too.

Really, 48 days?

That is almost incredible. Especially since I am used to 120 to 160 day flowering times with my bagseed Sativa.

Gotta luv hybrids. :)

I Only took a few branches. As I viewed the entire plant more carefully, I saw most of the plant was not yet mature. Some buds had a lot of amber trics. Some buds had a few amber and most buds had none at all.

I took the buds that had any real amber and left the rest of the plant. We'll see tomorrow. Might be a good idea to take it in stages so I know when I want to harvest the clones.

View attachment trics-1.jpg

View attachment trics-2.jpg

View attachment trics-3.jpg

View attachment trics-4.jpg

View attachment trics-5.jpg

Really, 48 days?

That is almost incredible.

Gotta luv hybrids. :)

Yes.
Look at my thread ( 43 days ).
CK is great, strange, but great, particularlly if you go through quantity quickly and need to replenish.

Not to harp, but getting back to Fox Farms and flushing, FF is NOT, repeat, NOT organic, thus next time I would try flushing.
Again, people may disagree but people also smoke cigarettes , PROVED to kill, and provides NO high, yet people do it so.....................
Again, to each their own.
Ago quod Perceptum.

I used fresh water yesterday.

However, I'm not sure flushing is any more than a word, anyway. This plant and this soil has has nutes for 6 months. It's entire life. The soil, the roots, and the plant, itself probably have an incredible build up of nutes.

I'll bet (just guessing here) that if you could measure PPM of soil and of the plant, itself, one might find that a few days (or even a week) of flushing makes little or no difference.

Might be a nice experiment.

I must admit, it has always been my policy to lighten up on nutes at the end but that is because I usually have them so pumped up by then, that the nute burn is setting in and they really need a little break anyway.

I am getting ready to flower a handful of clones of these so when I harvest, I'll flush half and not the other. Guess that's one way to tell.

Either way, that is always a controversial topic among growers.

I've flushed and not flushed. Many differing ways and found out that feeding the plant up to the chop will produce denser, stickier herb then starving it the last few essential days it's alive. The product is as smooth with the feeding then w/o the feeding, when it is properly cured.

:peace: broskies,

p.s. Beautiful bud shots there. :aok:

I think if you area using organic nutes that may apply, however with chemicals I feel flushing is important.
Again, to each their own, if you like your bud and I like my bud it's all good.

I've flushed and not flushed. Many differing ways and found out that feeding the plant up to the chop will produce denser, stickier herb then starving it the last few essential days it's alive. The product is as smooth with the feeding then w/o the feeding, when it is properly

:goodposting:

Here is my first taste. This was a sample I took about a week ago. Trimmed it up and hung it for a few days and then (couldn't wait) put it on the DTV box for a few hours today and quick dried it.

Not too bad, I guess. No Blue Meanies. Seems about the same as my bagseed, maybe a tad better. Seems to be a little more energetic high. I've been smoking oil and pot and hash and everything else already today so it's not really a fair test. I'll bong it first thing tomorrow and get a better idea.

Looks pretty neat for an early sample.

View attachment bud.jpg

Geeze, now they are taking forever. LMAO

I took whatever buds were showing amber and left the rest. They seem to be maturing slowing (as I tap my foot in wait. LOL)

The one plant is pretty trimmed up. The other plant is still clear in most places with only a few stray amber trichs.

As usual, I am behind schedule and I have plants ready to flower that are suffering from over-crowding. LMAO Same old story.

I hate to take them early but I need to move those other plants by Monday so these better hurry up and mature. LMAO

View attachment kushmothers.jpg

Well, I took these today. The one was not 100% ready but I needed the space and the other one was done so, I took them both.

Decent harvest, I guess. Not bad for only 2 plants. Looks like less than 1/2 pound.

I took the root ball apart to see what the problem was with the one plant that was always wilted and not real happy.

As in most healthy plants, the fine roots made their way all the way to the bottom of the pot and the entire pot had some root growth within it. However, when I cut past all the minor roots and bared just the main root ball, it was really only about a 2 gallon ball. I think these plants would have done nearly as well in 2 gal pots as the did in 7 gal pots.

I have the clones in 1 gallon pots (and some in 2 gallon pots) to see what real difference pot size makes to this strain. They went to flower today.

I'll let it dry and cure for a few weeks before I sample it again.

View attachment harvest-1.jpg

View attachment harvest-2.jpg

View attachment rootball-1.jpg

View attachment rootball-2.jpg

Thanks. It's not all dry yet. I'll do a final weigh-in after it's all dried.

Not bad for 2 plants.

Latest posts

Back