Basement Tent Setup - Looking for some input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HL....cool your tent room have your intake and exhaust in different rooms. That way you are not exhausting the air ya just cooled. I think it is the the law of physics/thermodynamics that will allow you to grow year round.:)

I have tried everything short of putting in a dedicated AC unit for the grow room, which is a no go. The spare room I grow in is on the second floor and get's brutally hot mid summer. Even with the House AC cranking it still gets too warm.

Bummer HL on the no a/c.
Gets quite warm here also.
I run 2 exhaust systems.
One for lights and one for inside of the tent. Both are drawn from another room. Then crank the a/c..Doesn't seem to take to much to keep the tent at 75.

Thanks HL - Excited to get going again, got some stuff already from amazon today. Forgot USPS delivers prime on sundays....love prime :)

On a side note, the carbon filter has a 2" x 3" x 1/2" deep +/- dent on the site of it, doesn't look like it's going to affect performance, but I dunno.

I was going to say, a buddy of mine grew on the second floor during the summer and had a portable AC unit with flex duct running into the tent, worked really well for him. Since that's a no go, guess it's out of the question then.

Also realized .....the XL hood I got is 29"L x 26"W ...tent is 24" wide. It's a cool tube, so hoping the reflector won't get too hot with the tent resting on it. Or I could possibly try to mod the hood a bit to actually fit.

Not going to pop all these at once, but to go along with the OG Kush x Cheese no. 1 seeds I have, I ordered these this morning from single seed centre:

Granddaddy Purple - Candyland
Greenhouse - Arjan's Strawberry Haze
Greenhouse - Jack Herer

You are going to have a terrible time trying to get a 26 x 29 hood in a 24 x 48 tent....not even sure if you are going to be able to. I'm thinking that the tent will either not zip up or it will put such strain on the zipper that it will adversely affect it. If you can change your order, I encourage you to do so. I would either get a different tent--maybe a 36 x 36 or a smaller hood. Trust me, this IS going to be a problem.

Looks like I came into a bit of luck. Talked to my brother, he happened to have his old tent laying around 54 x 36....think that's perfect for me. Might keep the 48x24 for vegging.

Well, that is a bit of luck. Your light should do real well in there and now you have a tent to veg in. A 4' 4 or 6 tube T5 will work great in the 24 x 48 for vegging. There is so much more you can do with 2 tents.

Just an update, getting everything set up. Light came this past monday with a huge crack in the cool tube due to some of the crappiest packaging i've seen. New one should be here this Monday :rant:. Anyway, after setting up the tents, I realized I can't fit the inline, light and filter in one tent. It's actually working out quite nice how I have it right now. Flower tent on left (600w HID), veg on right (T5's).

What i'm wondering is: Can I put a wye fitting or tap before the intake of the fan to ventilate the veg tent as well? Rather than run another fan to vent the veg tent, figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone (or fan :smoke1:)

View attachment WP_20140408_004.jpg

If the fan you have is big enough for the amount of air changes you need then no problem go for it.

Hey Burner; Here is an idea iff you haven't solved it yet. You can put a wye on the fan. Move the fan outside both tents and connect the wye to the intake side. mount the fan over the top sock off the flower tent so that the hose runs straight down from the wye into the flower tent. Then run the other hose over to the veg tent sock at the top. You will need to adjust the intakes on both tents until you get the right amount of cooling as you want more air fflow through the fflower tent. opening more air flow into the flower tent while restricting the intake air for the veg tent will create the adjustments you need. You will have to run the lights in both tents and monitor the temps in both tents until you get what you need. :)

Latest posts

Back