Bawdy old crone - glad to meet you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweela

Reaction score
I'm 65. I've been using pot off and on since I was 12. I've never grown any, though. Well, unless you count the seedling that didn't make it. I am glad to be in a state where weed is legal. Growing your own is legal if you have a medical card. I think they might drop that requirement soon. Anyway, I'm planning my first grow in my closet. I'm not really sure yet if I'm going with hydroponics or organic soil. I'm not thrilled with the possibility of bugs from soil. My 21 year-old daughter is autistic, so smell might be an issue with her, never mind neighbors and landlords. I have chronic fatigue syndrome, so changing out water in hydroponics might be a challenge at times. What's the easiest indoor method that doesn't require a lot of lifting? I don't care about smoking quality since I can't smoke anymore. Edibles are another matter entirely. I need to find adequate but inexpensive lighting. Any advice would be great. I've been reading and you all sound like wonderful people.

Hello Twella and welcome aboard.

For me the easiest indoor grow was using 5 gallon buckets filled with nothing but perlite and I only used two nutrients the entire grow

i am out of the loop on lighting because I went outdoors about 10 years ago and haven’t looked back.

Lots of very experienced indoor closet growers here with excellent advice to answer all your questions and plenty of good growers here to help you along.

cheers
big

Welcome, Tweela. Glad you joined our happy little band of bozos.

Everybody is upgrading to LEDs, so you can find perfectly good MH/HPS lights cheap on your local Facefart marketjplace or Craig's list. Lots of other choices for cheap lights, too.

If you run an RDWC, water changes are quick and easy and only need to be done every other week if you keep check on your PPMs and PH.

I would stick with Hydro if you already are doing them hydro and know how to feed and tend them.
LEDs ask around many are running decent new ones and some really good ones . Price comes into play but there are some good lower price ones too. Someone will chime in with some ideas Im sure.
Not that I like ordering China goods myself , a lot of people are using Mars Hydro leds now

Im thinking about using HOT5s and LEDS mixed. Just gotta get my grow room built and ready 1st. To busy right now to fk with it.

Does RDWC have an advantage over DWC if I'm growing at most two plants? I am leaning towards hydroponics. All the rest of my plants (lettuce and such) are in hydroponics. Thank you for the welcomes.
Makes everything easier as far as checking PH, adding/changing nutes, and basically monitoring everything. My grow is in a sealed room, and I don't need to go in to do anything. Everything is taken care of remotely.

2x2x4 tent is on its way. Light just got here. Now I need a bucket and seeds. How well does a carbon filter keep down odors? I love the smell of growing pot, but I don't need it to waft out the door. I'm kind of doing this bit by bit as I can afford it. Automation is cool. Anything that saves my energy is good.

It's a cheap ass 1000 w LED off brand.

FECiDA 1000W Dimmable LED Grow Light, UV & IR Included Ideal Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, 2022 Best 2x2 3x3 Grow Tent Light, Daisy Chain Function & Quiet Build-in Fan​

If it works as it should, it'll at least do for a start. I don't have the space or funds for doing much more than 1 maybe 2 plants.

a long time ago I used 42 watt cfl’s to veg and flower , my “ tent” was an old empty cardboard box that the fridge came in…TINS

2x2x4 tent is on its way. Light just got here. Now I need a bucket and seeds. How well does a carbon filter keep down odors? I love the smell of growing pot, but I don't need it to waft out the door. I'm kind of doing this bit by bit as I can afford it. Automation is cool. Anything that saves my energy is good.
do you have ventilation for your tent? I vent right into the same room thru a carbon filter in my auto tent with no smell until I open the tent of course

Latest posts

Back