BBB's Closet 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I may have an issue. These plants need to hurry these dispensaries are too tempting. This is the best selection of greens since I used to grow.

Grow related I am moving my 3 big plants into their 7 gal grow bags tonight :)
20220603_175434.jpg

As stated above moved my big 3 plants into their 7gal grow bag for the final couple weeks of veg. The roots were popping out of the bottom of their pots and were ready to grow :)
IMG_0476.JPG
IMG_0477.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG

My seedling are coming along nicely as well, giving them their first little bit or nutes tomorrow morning. Hope they like it, will be going about half under recomonded dose until i know they can handle it
IMG_0474.JPG

Quick question I can run my lights in veg mode ans/or flower mode. Should I just turn on both for both veg and flower since it gives off more light? Or should I just do one or the other?
Screenshot_20220604-092046_Amazon Shopping.jpg

If you're using the 1500 watt version I would probably run veg until the plants are well established and then use both channels the entire way through the growth cycle being at the light only consumes 400 total w at max power

I would probably also run them very close to the light until they're established, you're not going to burn plants with that light. I used roughly 600 true Watts 5K cree xpg LEDs at about 12 in from my plants in veg and it didn't burn them

Last edited:
You can go back and look at my grow Journal named first-timer here oh, hello. I started out not knowing what my lights were yes I scrounged them from a scrap yard but I've now figured out that each panel that I have is rated at 145 Watts. I had a couple squares that didn't work on each panel to maximum capacity. I custom made these lights and three panels on each light, it equals out to about 600 watts and my plants loved it, once they became established I use the finger check method for checking soil moisture the random at 18-6 they exploded after the first month. Run them bad boys you're not going to hurt them plants. It was so bright in my room I felt like I was going to get a sun tan, being that it was my first time I thought I was going to harm the plants and was really scared but it worked out great.

In veg mode it was burning them a bit when i was around a foot above the tops. Moved it up to 18-24" and seems to have helped. i am using one of those cheap 3 n1 light moisture and ph testers. Try to keep the tops in the 800 range. I will try and switch them over this evening going have to raise my light thought it doubles my light output.

Thanks for the help Mech

In veg mode it was burning them a bit when i was around a foot above the tops. Moved it up to 24" and seems to have helped. i am using one of those cheap 3 n1 light moisture and ph testers. Try to keep the tops in the 800 range. I will try and switch them over this evening going have to raise my light thought it doubles my light output.

Thanks for the help Mech
when I decided to grow by myself I sought the advice all of and old head, the only person that I know that grows and he's been doing it for 20 years or so. He said to me the best piece of advice that I can give you is don't overthink it. Until they are established give them some light and give them water and they will grow. For a good comparison you can use the photon app. I don't know how accurate it is on Android no it's rated highly accurate on the MiGrow YouTube channel as accurate on Apple. What I like to do with the app is take it outside indirect sunlight and get a reading off of it and then bring it in and compare the reading to my lights at different heights. This may give you a general idea of the light intensity that your plants are receiving.

It may be an important point out that my lights have no diffusers on them. I've removed all the diffusers from the LED panels and just let them run as panels so yes with diffusers it makes sense that more height would be necessary

Quick question I can run my lights in veg mode ans/or flower mode. Should I just turn on both for both veg and flower since it gives off more light? Or should I just do one or the other?View attachment 299086
I’d run all the colors thru veg and flower.do you have a dimmer on that light? If so are you doing 100%?

I’d run all the colors thru veg and flower.do you have a dimmer on that light? If so are you doing 100%?
I have A light like yours that I used when I had seedling plants vegging but no room in the tent for them yet. I’ve never grown one out under them but it did work nice for the seedlings and young vegging plants. I used all the lights full power then dimmed them at night

As stated above moved my big 3 plants into their 7gal grow bag for the final couple weeks of veg. The roots were popping out of the bottom of their pots and were ready to grow :) View attachment 299028View attachment 299029View attachment 299030View attachment 299031

My seedling are coming along nicely as well, giving them their first little bit or nutes tomorrow morning. Hope they like it, will be going about half under recomonded dose until i know they can handle itView attachment 299032
You can pull those lights all the way down to the plants to within 6” over them. The lights don’t give off heat and they are not strong enough to prevent stretching in those young seedlings unless pulled closer imo.

So I turned on both veg and flower on my lights. It pretty much doubled my light output had to raise the lights more afraid of burning. I have this cheap light gage trying to keep the tops in the 800 range, is this right?
Screenshot_20220605-071607_Amazon Shopping.jpg
20220604_193102.jpg
20220604_193138.jpg

Latest posts

Back