BBB's Closet 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I turned on both veg and flower on my lights. It pretty much doubled my light output had to raise the lights more afraid of burning. I have this cheap light gage trying to keep the tops in the 800 range, is this right? View attachment 299227View attachment 299228View attachment 299229
That is probably measuring lumens, not PAR. The screen cap from Amazon is mixing PAR, Lux and PPFD together in a manner indicating they don’t know what they are talking about…

You did the right thing by raising the light up to hopefully prevent light burn. Just lower it slowly over a few days to a week(or more)and keep an eye on the plant tops for any sign of burning. The plants can take a lot of light but need to acclimate. A good PPFD meter is beaucoup bucks…

So when I turned the lights up it started to heat up a bit too much in my closet. Mrs. BBB says I spent to much so until I can pay some off I have to make due with what I got. Converted one of my fans blowing on my seedlings into a intake fan for my main closet. Hopefully it keeps the Temps down a bit :)
20220605_123315.jpg
20220605_123354.jpg

Well my make shift fan failed the test. Came home at lunch to my room 86 degrees. Luckily I do hvac for a living and found this sweet 6" duct booster that we removed from someone's house. Now I'm dumping 200 cfm into my space and is now staying at around 75 :). One other issue now though, I will need to upgrade
20220606_211354.jpg
20220606_211428.jpg
20220606_211318.jpg
my exhaust fan my room has a positive pressure now which will be stinky in flower. Luckily I have a few weeks before that becomes an issue.

My 10 little plants are starting to look nice this little closet us gonna be very full soon.

Was a busy evening in BBB's closet :)
Since my room was built somewhat hastly i had wires just running everywhere. So i re routed all power cables so i can stop tripping over the damn things all the time lol. I got my camera back out and took a few pics.

Here are the 10 small plants i took them out to water with just straight water this time. They seem to have taken to the ferts well, one does seem to have some minor burning it also seems to be the runt of the bunch.
IMG_0483.JPG

My three big plants are going great as well. Two of them are growing like indicas the others is a bit odd. Has deformed and twisted leaves but seems healthy otherwise and growing well.
IMG_0486.JPG
IMG_0485.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG

Lastly was playing with my camera trying to learn to take great bud shots for when mine are done. Any way here is some Wi-Fi OG I got from the dispensary( be easy its a work is progress :)
IMG_0488.JPG

Another productive day in my closet :) Ordered some 1" Velcro tape. Made a outer panda plastic door with Velcro all the way around including the floor. Even put some high on the wall to hold the flap open when needed. Hoping this will stop any sort of light leaks when i switch to flower. So my veg closet was getting way to full, those things have really took off in the last week. So to make room in my veg closet i moved the 3 biggest plants under the big lights with the bigger plants. Will be moving them to big pots soon and switch them all to flower in the next week or so. Then i will have my 7 other plants vegging to move in as i find males. All plants got a good fert feeding today. Big plants got the week 4 veg ferts of fox farms and will be getting the sledgehammer flush before switching over. The smaller plants got the week 2 veg ferts of fox farm.

New flap open.
IMG_0526.JPG

Closet all sealed up.
IMG_0527.JPG

All my babies together
IMG_0520.JPG

Big Closet
IMG_0524.JPG

Veg Closet
IMG_0525.JPG

On this week's episode of name this bug. I noticed I random water droplet on a leaf, so I look and on the bottom side of the leaf above it is this little guy. I killed it and also found 1 other. Looked over all my plants and did not find anymore. Any ideas what this is, been trying to look online but no luck. Its a white bug one of them left blue guts on the toilet paper when i smushed it
20220613_220159.jpg
20220613_220205.jpg

So things are moving along here. I came into my closet yesterday to find this on one of my babies.
20220614_195746.jpg

So I learned something, the plant will show its sex under 18/6. I was getting ready to switch over this week anways. So last night I was busy obviously removing that dude from my grow room. Next I moved the three smaller plants in my flower closet into their 7 gal final homes. Followed that with a fox farms sledgehammer flush before I switch lights over to 12/12 tonight.

So tonight I found these nice little hairs on one of the other big plants :)
20220615_201927.jpg

So here is how things are looking now.

Veg Closet: They are going big and healthy that little closet is running out of room lol
20220615_212618.jpg

Here is my flower closet.
20220615_212531.jpg

One final question/concern my "flower room" has the lights currently at 18/6, the problem is in order to get the ideal times for my 12/12 they will have to sit under light for about 22 before the 12/12 kicks in. Hope it doesn't mess anything up.

I found a male yesterday outside. Autos show male really fast. I knew when it was getting tall and not bushy really fast that it was most likely a male.

So things are moving along here. I came into my closet yesterday to find this on one of my babies.View attachment 300419

So I learned something, the plant will show its sex under 18/6. I was getting ready to switch over this week anways. So last night I was busy obviously removing that dude from my grow room. Next I moved the three smaller plants in my flower closet into their 7 gal final homes. Followed that with a fox farms sledgehammer flush before I switch lights over to 12/12 tonight.

So tonight I found these nice little hairs on one of the other big plants :)
View attachment 300420

So here is how things are looking now.

Veg Closet: They are going big and healthy that little closet is running out of room lol
View attachment 300423

Here is my flower closet.
View attachment 300424

One final question/concern my "flower room" has the lights currently at 18/6, the problem is in order to get the ideal times for my 12/12 they will have to sit under light for about 22 before the 12/12 kicks in. Hope it doesn't mess anything up.
From what I have read it's better to leave them in darkness those 22 hours. In my case I just turned off the lights after resetting the timer, and left them off until the beginning of the next dark cycle. I think they sat in the dark for about 28 hours, and nothing bad happened.

From what I have read it's better to leave them in darkness those 22 hours. In my case I just turned off the lights after resetting the timer, and left them off until the beginning of the next dark cycle. I think they sat in the dark for about 28 hours, and nothing bad happened.
Things are looking good…

Well we will see what happens with 27 hours of straight light before flipping to 12/12.

Luckily I won't have to worry about it after this these lights won't be off 12/12 ever again if all goes as planned.

No Mam not unless they have been made that way. Autos are just Autos. They flower automatically male or female.
So you still remove the males so you don’t get a bunch of seeds? I was planning on trying them when I had space in a tent but I hate wasting all that time. So do you normally plant twice the seeds you need to compensate for the males?

Yes mam. I havent removed the Male Mr Magoo auto because im trying to see if it will pollinate my Zkittles Auto. Never tried this before and dont know shit about making seeds. The Zkittles has been flowering for awhile and the pods havent open on the Male yet so i dont know what it will do.

Why not use the fan as an exhaust fan. Will make you closet negative pressure and suck it cold air from the room.
Sorry it took so long to respond been busy around here.

So I will show you all a little better look at my setup. So I am growing in a bathroom in my basement. It has a big and small closet and a bathroom exhaust fan.
20220619_081142.jpg

20220619_081224.jpg

So I draw air in thru my wall( low inside the closet and high on the outside to prevent light leaks.
20220619_081158.jpg

20220606_211354.jpg

So as you can see in the picture below with my flap velcro shut it pushes it flap out from positive pressure.
20220619_082259.jpg

Now I have seen and heard that positive pressure may be good for your grow space( prevents mold,bugs,vpd). Any opinions out there on this? Still trying to figure out these vpd charts to see how it will help there.

To answer your question kevinn, since the positive pressure is dumping into a bathroom with a exhaust I am hoping to have to smell issues.

Right now I have a 4 inch exhaust so converting my intake down to 4" would not be ideal. I will have to buy a more powerful 4" inline fan with carbon filter.

Yes mam. I havent removed the Male Mr Magoo auto because im trying to see if it will pollinate my Zkittles Auto. Never tried this before and dont know shit about making seeds. The Zkittles has been flowering for awhile and the pods havent open on the Male yet so i dont know what it will do.
Oh, no! You're gonna be a pollen chucker, move to Kalifornia, take over the weed market, and wind up shooting some kid in the knee, ain't ya?

How we doing tonight. Things are moving along nicely here. Got the camera out so you all can have a bit better picture of the progress. Now that i have swicthed to flower i have started labeling the pots with numbers to help keep track of time in flower and feeding schedules, which i just bought a calender for the grow room to help keep track of everything.

So here is #1 this lady has been growing weird to whole time. I dunno why every other plant is growing fine this one is growing deformed foilage. Any Ideas? This does seem to more of a sativa style plant based on leafs and structure.
IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

Say Hello to #2 this lady is growing beautifully. She seems to be healthy and loving life, definitely more of a indica i would guess.

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

Here are #3 #4 and #5 these have not showed sex yet and i would of rather let them veg more but you will see why in a bit.

IMG_0540.JPG

So here is my veg closet and it is getting out of control. I am trying to hold off moving them over, so i did something i never done before. I topped all the plants in veg, figured it would slow them down just a bit untill i can clear some room up in there.

IMG_0542.JPG

Lastly I just want to thank everyone who has taken the time to look at my journal. Really appreciate all the advice as i need lots right now. Here is a picture of me enjoying my garden time :)

IMG_0546.JPG

Latest posts

Back