BC Bud Mango - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 Month, 5 Days Old :)

Right at a foot tall now and getting pretty nice and bushy.

What is the proper size to let a plant grow to before switching over to 12/12? I'm wondering because it's going to be getting close to the ceiling soon and I'm deciding if i should just start it flowering and keep it small for my indoor grow shelf

IMAG0188.jpg

1 Month, 8 Days Old - 15 Inches tall

IMAG0194.jpg

I feel like I've won the lottery lol. I only planted one seed just to try it out and it germinated fine and grew into a nice plant. Now its showing some nice little female flowers :D

I wish I had a good camera with a macro lense lol. There are clear female pre-flowers with the 2 white hairs sticking out of each one which is a huge relief for me just having this one plant. Now I feel OK to try to clone it without worrying about wasting it on a male plant :)

IMAG0204.jpg

Now that my mother plant is doing well and I'm sure of the sex I went ahead and clipped off a few clones to hopefully expand my grow closet some :)

I realized after I watered the peat that I should have taken out the ones I wasn't going to use lol >.< (Oh well only $6)

IMAG0206.jpg

Lookin good, I use those peat pellets too, be patient...i'll usually see roots shooting thru after 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. They're pretty decent...I may try rockwool or rapid rooters after I run out.

Thanks hopefully I'll see some good results :)

powerplanter said:
congrats on the girly girl!!

Thanks powerplanter, I was so excited to wake up and find girly parts! This first closet grow was just an experiment for me since I've never grown before and I was so worried my single plant would turn out to be male.

My clones were really droopy for a while but seem to be perked up very nicely now in my clone drawer I rigged up. I hope to keep expanding my setup and get a nice sustainable operation going for year-round harvesting :)

IMAG0208.jpg

I know how you feel man. That first one is always a nail biter. I think I checked mine about every half hour, and that was in veg. LOL

powerplanter said:
I know how you feel man. That first one is always a nail biter. I think I checked mine about every half hour, and that was in veg. LOL

Haha I did the same. It's been 5 days of 12/12 now and I just can't wait to see some buds. It's gonna be like Christmas morning for me on harvest day

LOL. I know man. When you see those first hairs....I was giddy. Then I sat there and talked to her for awhile. Told her how pretty she was, and how being a hermie is frowned upon :(. Ha, yeah, I love growin. Almost anything really, but weed is the best.

I am glad this story has gone from bad to great.....very nice plant when you consider the set backs you had early on.....glad you didn't gve up.

Hamster Lewis said:
I am glad this story has gone from bad to great.....very nice plant when you consider the set backs you had early on.....glad you didn't gve up.

I'm glad too. Luckily my noob-ness didn't kill it. I've spent so much time reading tips and other grow journals and things to pick up advice. I feel much more comfortable now knowing what to do :)

Here's the current state of things: Day 6 of 12/12 its just shy of 2 Feet tall and covered in plenty of nice potential bud sites and branches.

I have 6 clones that will hopefully take root and I can begin vegging them soon :)

IMAG0215.jpg

Just a question for anybody who can answer it: I noticed that there are female pre-flowers growing on the main cola but none on any of the other branches lower down. Is that just a normal process where I can expect more to appears as flowering contnues? Or should I be worried about my lighting, etc?

It's only 7 days into 12/12 so not in full flower mode yet but if there's a problem I just want to make sure I fix it early :)

Pardon my paranoia! lol

I dont think theres any problems 7 days in is still pretty early give it another week and budsites will be poppin up everywhere the light is hittin then just a long wait for some bomb smoke ;)

stemjosh said:
I dont think theres any problems 7 days in is still pretty early give it another week and budsites will be poppin up everywhere the light is hittin then just a long wait for some bomb smoke ;)

Can't wait! lol

Sadly a reliable hookup in my area is hard to find and I'd rather not buy if I can avoid it so I'm not really often able to keep a good stash in the house. I'm excited to be able to have my own home grown!

Love how she looks, naturally grown. Looks great man!
How hot is it? I see the leaves are curling a little.. Some light misting may help.

Keep it green

SmokeMyPiece said:
Love how she looks, naturally grown. Looks great man!
How hot is it? I see the leaves are curling a little.. Some light misting may help.

Keep it green

It does get a little warm in there. I'm not sure of the exact temperature (Maybe a thermometer would help lol) When I'm home I leave the door open to my grow room so it lets the air flow and circulate and mist it with a spray bottle every so often.

I haven't trained this one in any way so its just kind of growing naturally. Next grow I'll try some of the techniques I've learned from others on here

lookin good tsuto!
LOL. I know man. When you see those first hairs....I was giddy. Then I sat there and talked to her for awhile. Told her how pretty she was, and how being a hermie is frowned upon . Ha, yeah, I love growin. Almost anything really, but weed is the best.
lol isnt funny how we do this? im there to.
mist it with a spray bottle every so often.
dont go to far into bud misting. it'll give you bud rot/Botrytis. keep it up!!

Ruffy said:
dont go to far into bud misting. it'll give you bud rot/Botrytis. keep it up!!

Yep I plan on stopping the misting as soon as the buds really get going. Right now its still preparing :)

Latest posts

Back