Be careful out there kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwanabud

Hiding in a tree
Reaction score
The deer ticks are bad this year, this time of the year looking for a warm host.

I had a really bad flue for 2 day's, then woke up and couldn't walk. Went into the bathroom, huge bite (size of a football) on my hip. I've been diagnosed with Lyme's disease :eek: I can post pics if anyone is interested(in bite, or my ***).

So they intravenously hit me with meds & pain killer...sent me home with meds. Laid on the couch for 3 days (102 deg. temp) then got better.

Yesterday, saw a mole on my ribs(I don't have moles)....have a deer tick buried in my ribs...dug her out with a knife, yep Deer tick....back on meds again. Lyme's disease is wicked, have to get final blood work in a couple weeks.

Check yourself over everytime you get back in from the woods....they are very small. Any flu symptoms...head to the doc's.

They told me to never step foot in the woods again, and to quit bowhunting...that won't happen :hubba: I live in the middle of the woods & hunt 4 states a year.

Yowza man! Hope you get better soon! That doesn't sound fun at all!!!

Wicked disease, no cure for it.....never leaves your body once you have it. Be carefull if in the east or midwest US....they are everywhere this year.

DAAAAAMMNNNN!!!! So the tick gave it to you, and there's no way to get rid of it? I'll have to webmd search it... That sucks

ston-loc said:
DAAAAAMMNNNN!!!! So the tick gave it to you, and there's no way to get rid of it? I'll have to webmd search it... That sucks

Yeeeep, nasty little creatures. My blood work will tell the saturation level(long term symptom diagnosis). Take 6 weeks to fully develop, then you're stuck with it. I got bit again, so the number is going up.

I head to the mid-west for 3 weeks next week...hopefully don't run into them out there.

lymes is most definitely curable. the longer you wait to treat it the more permanent the effects can become, like bad joints etc.

Latest posts

Back