Be Careful Who You Purchase Seeds From!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry that happened Mc Murphy...

Thanks, Rosebud...I'm just gonna write it off as a learning experience. I've been ordering seeds for several years now and this is the only time I've ever had a bad experience.

So cheers to the many, many good ones!

Since they are willing to give you a discount on your next order, why not try one more order? You might get a pretty good discount. Six out of ten cracked, maybe you just got a bad batch.... :)

They aren't answering my emails.

That's the thing. At first they said they would replace the "damaged" seeds, or give me a discount on my next order if I sent them a picture. I sent them the picture they wanted and now they won't talk to me. I even gave them 3 days to reply.

I'm just roasted on this one. But it's cool. It happens. I just want people to know that it could very well could happen to them as well.

And if I can help just one individual from making the same mistake I made... well it's just good karma.

Maybe give it a few more days? Just hoping

I hope it works out for ya. It is a crap shoot for sure. I've never used them before soooooo. Might not now. Thanks for the post. :)

I hope it works out for ya. It is a crap shoot for sure. I've never used them before soooooo. Might not now. Thanks for the post. :)

Exactly. It's a crap-shoot alright.

I'm thinking a good warning sign is when a website screens their feedback section, approving only positive comments.

I mean out of dozens and dozens of posts, I'm sure there has to be at least one person who doesn't think they're the greatest website and monger of seed in the world.

I've already got a couple of other sites I'm going to try next time due to what I've read here. This is an extremely helpful site.

I wanted to provide a quick update. The few remaining seeds that have germinated as of 2 weeks ago today, are all showing the same exact genetic traits - long, thin leaves! Even though the seeds I purchased were primarily of the Indica variety.

Now I know all about phenotypes, but this is five different varieties(!) supposedly from four different banks, and yet they all look very, very similar.

What are the chances?!

Hmmmm.

Now you got 5 different strains from 4 different seed banks and they all look the same?

Now you got 5 different strains from 4 different seed banks and they all look the same?

They all shipped together from The Single Seed Centre, but inside each packet of seeds was a small peice of paper with the logo of where they supposedly originated.

• The AK-48 (10 seeds) had a "Nirvana" logo, (these were the seeds with a 60% failure rate)
  • The White Widow (2 seeds) were from a place call "Royal Seed"
  • The Berry Bomb (2 seeds) had a "Delicious" logo,
  • The Sugar Black Rose Fem and Cheese Candy Auto (1 seed each) were both products of The Single Seed Centre.

So yeah, five varieties, four different seed banks. I believe this is how most seed banks operate... getting different strains from different places and selling them to consumers through one outlet.

Funny thing is I've done business with both Delicious and Nirvana and was quite pleased with my purchases.

I'm a real "benefit-of-the-doubt" kind of guy so I'm going to let them continue growing and report back the results. If these seedlings are in fact viable, healthy medical caliber strains I will happily report this.

But if my suspicions are correct, and the seeds aren't what they are supposed to be, I will sadly follow up with that as well.

Now I'm even a little leery about the Sugar Black Rose Fem and Cheese Candy Auto being female.

But we'll see....

Well there is no absolute guarantee that fem seeds will actually be female either. I recently got a fem seeds from a very reliable breeder who does only fem seeds and it turned out full blown male.

Oh OK...So you got 5 different strains that all look the same from 4 different breeders from the same seed bank?

Must have been the ones they swept up from the floor

Oh OK...So you got 5 different strains that all look the same from 4 different breeders from the same seed bank?

Must have been the ones they swept up from the floor

a SAFARI pack..........lol

McMurphy,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a crappy experience with that particular seed bank.

When ordering your next batch, check out a couple of other seed banks and see what their policies are. The terms can range from complete scams to being quite reasonable.

My friends have all had great experiences with Herbies and Haze.io. Customer support are super friendly and almost always give you the benefit of the doubt if you're unsure about the seed quality.

Just got my order from said bank, was told 7-21 business days, got it in 8. Plus 4 freebies (2 fem/2 autos) I had no issues this being my first time ordering from them.....hopefully if all goes well, I wont have to worry about buying beans anymore :headbang2:

Sorry you had that experience. I've placed my last 4 or 5 orders with them and never had one problem with the seeds, service or speed. Super fast shipping and good viable seeds.

It's been a few weeks now and I said I'd come back to update... well here I am. The bottom line is the AK-48 seeds are garbage. Out of an original 10 seeds, only 5 germinated. Out of those five I got two males and 2 hermaphrodites, leaving me one very questionable looking plant. The phenotypes were all over the place, ranging from the classic short, fat and squat Indica to the one remaining female which is pure Sativa. The other seeds I ordered, The Berry Bomb, The Cheese Candy, the Sugar Black Rose and the White Widow were what I expected. It seems the poor quality seeds were all of the AK-48 variety, and they in fact, according to the label on the bag, came from from Nirvana.... which I have ordered from several times without incident. When I contacted them, Nirvana stated that they did not supply The Seed Centre with seeds.

I don't know what the story is, and probably never will, but I won't be ordering from The Seed Centre again.

There are simply too many other banks that I know are trustworthy.

All I can say at this point is I got a packet of bum seeds from this company, along with some that were quite viable. And as far as I'm concerned, that's enough for me not to order with this company again.

Well, I have... and I'm warning others about it.

I have done business with other banks without issues... including one who actually DID replace non-viable seeds. But they seem to have disappeared.
JCS have all seed pack on sale. You get 25-30 seeds and they ship fast. Cots between 65-70 usually about 100

It's been a few weeks now and I said I'd come back to update... well here I am. The bottom line is the AK-48 seeds are garbage. Out of an original 10 seeds, only 5 germinated. Out of those five I got two males and 2 hermaphrodites, leaving me one very questionable looking plant. The phenotypes were all over the place, ranging from the classic short, fat and squat Indica to the one remaining female which is pure Sativa. The other seeds I ordered, The Berry Bomb, The Cheese Candy, the Sugar Black Rose and the White Widow were what I expected. It seems the poor quality seeds were all of the AK-48 variety, and they in fact, according to the label on the bag, came from from Nirvana.... which I have ordered from several times without incident. When I contacted them, Nirvana stated that they did not supply The Seed Centre with seeds.

I don't know what the story is, and probably never will, but I won't be ordering from The Seed Centre again.

There are simply too many other banks that I know are trustworthy.

All I can say at this point is I got a packet of bum seeds from this company, along with some that were quite viable. And as far as I'm concerned, that's enough for me not to order with this company again.

thanks for reporting back with an update

DM me and I can get you some good seeds

IMG_4767.jpeg

Latest posts

Back