Beans 1st indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowlyburn

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my little garden. I just switched over to the 12/12 flowering cycle starting tonight. My plants have been on 20hr cycle for almost 5 weeks now starting from seed.

12-7-11a (608 x 1024).jpg

12-7-11b (608 x 1024).jpg

12-7-11c (608 x 1024).jpg

12-7-11d (608 x 1024).jpg

12-7-11e (608 x 1024).jpg

12-7-11f (608 x 1024).jpg

12-7-11g (608 x 1024).jpg

12-7-11h (1024 x 608).jpg

12-7-11i (608 x 1024).jpg

Looking good. I've never grown from seed or even veg'd clones for much monger than a week or two so by 5 weeks I'm usually halfway done. I admire your patience. Keep it green, man!

very nice looking plants ya got there. :) I hope none of those are real stretchers or else yer gonna have some woppers by the time they harvest.

Just finished the ventilation system tonight... Hopefully it will be 4 hours well spent. My wife's sister came over today and her first words were " Are you growing pot in the house?" My wife about kicked my ***... I immediately left for the store to get supplies... I am running a 9" fan coupled down to connect to 6" dryer vent hose and run out through the wall venting outside my house.

There are a couple good incense to help cover, Matches work really well too. I got the ONA pro and plan on mixing with 50% perlite.. Heard it helps keep the smell a TON longer.

Carbon filter is the way to go but I hear ya on the smell lol.. Nice looking girls, there going to explode inflowering!

What kind of 9" fan did you get? You need negative pressure in your space to contain the odors.

I used one of the 3 speed Honeywell fans from Walmart. The same type described in the DIY 5 gal bucket air freshener. It works unbelievably. The smell is completely gone from my house. I can stick my nose right up to the closet without smelling the plants in the least bit. The only problem now is you can smell it outside so now I need to run a pvc stack up to my roof...

Here are some pictures of day 2 flowering. How soon will I be able to tell male and female? I have looked at so many pictures of sexing the plants my eyes hurt. When I grew outdoor it seemed easier. Is it too late to let the male grow the seed sack to kill it? What is the easiest and most distinguishable way to weed out the males early?

Day2 flowering1 (1024 x 608).jpg

Day2 flowering2 (608 x 1024).jpg

Day2 flowering (608 x 1024).jpg

Those are some pretty plants, healthy and happy. It may take up to a week before you can see sure sex signs on all the plants. But don't worry about not catching the males in time, I don't know for sure but I have never seen any males go from nonsexxed to popping pollen pods any soone than 15 days from flip. Just look them over every day until you see "nads" or pistel hairs. :)

OK cool... Thanks. I will continue to post updates of my garden every few days!

Awesome looking plants! Are you running strictly cfl's? Impressive.

You should be very close to seeing preflowers. Even if still in veg they usually show right around 6 weeks for most strains. Good luck with them.

BBFan said:
Awesome looking plants! Are you running strictly cfl's? Impressive.

You should be very close to seeing preflowers. Even if still in veg they usually show right around 6 weeks for most strains. Good luck with them.

Yes all CFL's. 12 of them. Thank you. I will be checking them every day until I can sex them.

Very nice looking girls there! :) Keep up the great work

I do not see any signs of sex yet.

I recommend trying to keep your lights as close as possible to try to keep your plants from stretching any more. Even now, I anticipate that the lower bud sites will not do much as CFLs do not have much penetration. You may actually want to trim some of the lower growth now.

Very nice, can't wait to see them start flowering! Good luck on the gender!

My plants are so close to the lights the top edges burn a little bit. My lower branches are stretching up pretty well right now. Everything from top to bottom is very green. I have cfl's on either side of the plants also so hopefully I should be fine with lower light penetration.

M3diciNaL_MaNiPulaToR said:
Carbon filter is the way to go but I hear ya on the smell lol.. Nice looking girls, there going to explode inflowering!

enough said!!!

Latest posts

Back