Beef Jerkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to be making jerky today. I slice the beef and marinade it overnight in a mixture of A1 Steak Sauce, a lot of ground black pepper and a little ground sea salt. Then I place on the dehydrator grids and dry at 160 degrees for about 5-6 hours. I generally use London Broil or round steak and cut off any fat. I’ve also added “liquid smoke” seasoning which added a nice smoky aroma.

View attachment 327785
Oh yes Liquid smoke is a must but not too much
Good luck, I had to stop eatting Jerky due to my heart (salts)

Any beef jerky makers here? I am thinking of making some for the first time. been all over youtube. Might even sell it at my shows!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Some might say that one would say it would be a good idea to reconsider asking here,just saying...

My jerky is legendary. I make all mine out of deer meat, though.
I have used an oven, I have used smokers.
Dehydrator works better than anything.
I used to half freeze it, not solid, but enough to make it firm, then run it through a meat slicer.
Now, I much prefer to grind it, then run it through a jerky shooter.
The curing salt is the most important ingredient, all other spices are added for individual taste.
Any photos of finished product?

IMG_3100.jpeg

The best thing you can do is get one of these.
IMG_3101.jpeg

Because it comes with the curing salt.
Curing salt is the main ingredient.
IMG_3098.jpeg

IMG_3099.jpeg

It also has instructions on how to ration the salt.
IMG_3102.jpeg

There is always extra salt left over from the jerky kit.
I been tweaking on this. I add stuff, and take stuff away sometimes, but this is my current concoction.
You could add anything you want, the main thing is to put exactly how much curing salt that the weight of the meat calls for.
Do not add extra table salt. It will be plenty salty enough.

View attachment 327804
The best thing you can do is get one of these.
View attachment 327807
Because it comes with the curing salt.
Curing salt is the main ingredient.
View attachment 327805
View attachment 327806
It also has instructions on how to ration the salt.
View attachment 327808
There is always extra salt left over from the jerky kit.
I been tweaking on this. I add stuff, and take stuff away sometimes, but this is my current concoction.
You could add anything you want, the main thing is to put exactly how much curing salt that the weight of the meat calls for.
Do not add extra table salt. It will be plenty salty enough.
Thank you!!!!!

I made the best batch I've ever made a few years back. Damned if I was smart enough to write it down. I know it had honey, brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, whistchiere sauce, liquid smoke, white vinegar, and some other stuff that eludes my feeble memory. Everything since has just been meh.

Latest posts

Back