Been harvesting for 2 weeks and I'm tired. So what about this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpas48

Reaction score
I'm tempted to trim up the plants while they are still standing: standing up is more comfortable at the moment and don't need anymore leaf litter in the house nor do I need anymore fan/sugar-leaf ends for whatever. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? How much time could lapse between that trim and the actual buck/wash/dry ceremony? Ideas anyone.

I'm tempted to trim up the plants while they are still standing: standing up is more comfortable at the moment and don't need anymore leaf litter in the house nor do I need anymore fan/sugar-leaf ends for whatever. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? How much time could lapse between that trim and the actual buck/wash/dry ceremony? Ideas anyone.
I stand to do most of my trimming. It helps to shift your weight from side to side (music helps with this) when I have a lot of trimming to do sitting down sometimes give me a pain in the neck. Air dancing while trimming helps keep everything loos except my scissor hand which only a doobie breaks helps that when the hand decides to lock up as it does now and then…

are you saying you want to trim your plants for drying before cutting them? Then cut and dry them? Don’t understand the wash thing…

I wash (in an extremely mild non-chlorinated - sprinkle of ascorbic acid dechlorinates the water - solution of H2O2 and baking soda. In theory this removes mold, bug/worm/bird **** or whatever, ants, dead any bug, soot, dirt, although I've had some indignant bud worms march out of the trim pile after all of this. I swizzle the stems about which also has the effect of knocking off rotten, burnt or wormy buds. Rinse in non-chlorinated water and shake off excess. hang'em up to dry.
I guess that's not done around these parts?

I stand to do most of my trimming. It helps to shift your weight from side to side (music helps with this) when I have a lot of trimming to do sitting down sometimes give me a pain in the neck. Air dancing while trimming helps keep everything loos except my scissor hand which only a doobie breaks helps that when the hand decides to lock up as it does now and then…

are you saying you want to trim your plants for drying before cutting them? Then cut and dry them? Don’t understand the wash thing…
Yes, then harvest, then wash them , then dry, then trim off bigger sugar leaves and look for crappy buds. Then off to burp and cure land.. BTW, any opinon on how long must burping go on.
Made salve from last years roots, stems, crap buds which helps un-seize my claw-like hands (sorry, my morale is slipping).
But wouldn't want it any other way. I am so grateful to be able to legally grow out doors!!!!!

I wash (in an extremely mild non-chlorinated - sprinkle of ascorbic acid dechlorinates the water - solution of H2O2 and baking soda. In theory this removes mold, bug/worm/bird **** or whatever, ants, dead any bug, soot, dirt, although I've had some indignant bud worms march out of the trim pile after all of this. I swizzle the stems about which also has the effect of knocking off rotten, burnt or wormy buds. Rinse in non-chlorinated water and shake off excess. hang'em up to dry.
I guess that's not done around these parts?
I never have washed mine. I just smoke all those dirt worms bugs and anything else that makes it to the drying rack. Don’t like the sound of washing my weed but I guess I can see why you would want to. I guess I don’t mind smokin a little dirt and bug turds….

edit. I don’t think this process would get rid of mold tho, need to look at that and get rid of it before drying…

I never have washed mine. I just smoke all those dirt worms bugs and anything else that makes it to the drying rack. Don’t like the sound of washing my weed but I guess I can see why you would want to. I guess I don’t mind smokin a little dirt and bug turds….

edit. I don’t think this process would get rid of mold tho, need to look at that and get rid of it before drying…
If you do wash and you do not get the nugs dry fast you risk mold worse

Do you wash roster? I mean your reefer not your azz? I’ve never heard of it except in extreme cases of bugs or mold during the grow…
Why yes I just washed 2 hrs ago Oh you mean my weed
Nope I like to eat and smoke it a la natural.
I tried it yrs ago was not worth it for me

I agree it's builds character.

I washed the Auto Girl Scout Cookies that had all the spider mites. Each branch I cut went into a bucket for rinsing right after I rough trimmed it. Wasn't worried about smoking mites, but smoking soap residue would probably have tasted nasty.

Maybe next time ”my guy” brings me weed, I’ll ask him has it been washed 😂 I know I remember pulling bugs out of weed I bought before. I’m sure I’ve probably smoked me some spider mites too. I never said oh no a bug throw that stuff away. 🥹

Latest posts

Back