Beginer needs help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay got a question guys? After tonight at midnight when the light goes out I will be leaving it in the dark for 48 hours am I doing that correctly, and then i chop it and hang dry in my tent ? And what should the temps and humidity be in the tent while hanging to dry ? I got to order the humidity packs that go in the mason jars for cutting which ones and we're do I get them? Sorry fellas that was kinda more then one ????

Okay got a question guys? After tonight at midnight when the light goes out I will be leaving it in the dark for 48 hours am I doing that correctly, and then i chop it and hang dry in my tent ? And what should the temps and humidity be in the tent while hanging to dry ? I got to order the humidity packs that go in the mason jars for cutting which ones and we're do I get them? Sorry fellas that was kinda more then one ????
Curring not cutting.

Yup... doing it correctly there D... btw, I'm O. D. (Other Dave).. lol. this was a cool read, did better then my 1st grow using a bunch of little cfl bulbs... put them into dark cycle after last watering, cut them off at that point.. defoilation of all leaf you can to cut down on humidity from transpiration.. this will assist in drying faster.. the goal here is to confuse the plant and make it release oils etc.. they do this to attract a male hopefully event thought it's to late..
hehe.
Cut them down in branches that will hang easily.. hang upside down, fan to oscillate air slowly in the tent but NOT
blowing directly onto the plants themselves as it may cause trichome heads to pop or melt.. temps should be a
little lower then your grow.. 70's is nice.. humidity of course low.. 25% if possible.. slow dry, 7 to 10 days is what
I usually do, but each environment is different.. stems will tell you everything..

almost there Dave... happy harvests

No, they tend to de generate worse and worse at the end on most plants. It is to be expected, along with some yellowing and drying up of tips, colors coming out...they are beginning to die.....
Unless the whole plant's ship is going down, nothing to fret.

I have my ladies in the tent in the dark for 48 hours before I cut and hang them to dryand the storm came through and the humidity is high as hell in the tent is at 63% and I'm having a hard time getting it below that , I have dehumidifier in the room the tent is in , and it's struggling to keep the humidity down any suggestions????

I have my ladies in the tent in the dark for 48 hours before I cut and hang them to dryand the storm came through and the humidity is high as **** in the tent is at 63% and I'm having a hard time getting it below that , I have dehumidifier in the room the tent is in , and it's struggling to keep the humidity down any suggestions????

Do you have a dehumidifier?

To dry, I try for 60 degrees and 45-50% humidity. I also don't give them a last drink. I want the dry to be slow, otherwise I've noticed harsher smoke.

I dry until branches snap. I also do a bud wash before the drying process, the taste is magnified and I know my buds are clean.

Yes I have a dehumidifier in the room the tent is in and it is struggling to keep RH down below 60 and below but the storm has brought the humidity up out side the house I have never had an issue with the RH at mid 40,s but like I said this storm brought the humidity level up to 70% out side the house.i have a window ac unit in the room the tent and humidifier are in and it's still struggling.

Do you have a dehumidifier?

To dry, I try for 60 degrees and 45-50% humidity. I also don't give them a last drink. I want the dry to be slow, otherwise I've noticed harsher smoke.

I dry until branches snap. I also do a bud wash before the drying process, the taste is magnified and I know my buds are clean.
A bud wash ??? Can u elaborate on that some more??

Yes I have a dehumidifier in the room the tent is in and it is struggling to keep RH down below 60 and below but the storm has brought the humidity up out side the house I have never had an issue with the RH at mid 40,s but like I said this storm brought the humidity level up to 70% out side the house.i have a window ac unit in the room the tent and humidifier are in and it's still struggling.
A bud wash ??? Can u elaborate on that some more??

Yup... doing it correctly there D... btw, I'm O. D. (Other Dave).. lol. this was a cool read, did better then my 1st grow using a bunch of little cfl bulbs... put them into dark cycle after last watering, cut them off at that point.. defoilation of all leaf you can to cut down on humidity from transpiration.. this will assist in drying faster.. the goal here is to confuse the plant and make it release oils etc.. they do this to attract a male hopefully event thought it's to late..
hehe.
Cut them down in branches that will hang easily.. hang upside down, fan to oscillate air slowly in the tent but NOT
blowing directly onto the plants themselves as it may cause trichome heads to pop or melt.. temps should be a
little lower then your grow.. 70's is nice.. humidity of course low.. 25% if possible.. slow dry, 7 to 10 days is what
I usually do, but each environment is different.. stems will tell you everything..

Harvest day guys , just got let em dry for 7-10 days and cure

hehe.

Just a few pics day of harvest 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_173737210.jpg
    IMG_20210904_173737210.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210904_173741278.jpg
    IMG_20210904_173741278.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210903_174709340.jpg
    IMG_20210903_174709340.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210903_174550597.jpg
    IMG_20210903_174550597.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210904_173710415.jpg
    IMG_20210904_173710415.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210903_180918557.jpg
    IMG_20210903_180918557.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 8
Got a question, could?? The temperature in the tent is 65 to 70 mostly but it's been getting up to 72-73 and humidity has been jumping from 45-50 I can not get either of them lower than that, is this not good?

Latest posts

Back