Beginner First GDP Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled out a cheap loupe and took pics! This is the best I can do with a cheap $10 Jeff Bezos dot com marvel and iPhone. All pics of buds only and not the lower fan leaves as I did in my first grow. Attached photos below.
IMG_0957 2.jpg
IMG_0961 2.jpg
IMG_0963 2.jpg
IMG_0967 2.jpg
IMG_0972 2.jpg
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0980.jpg

It's watering time. Last watering had 700 ppm runoff water so I added no nutrients. I'll be going with ph balanced water only for next 10-14 days as plants near end of flower. Among the nutrients used in this grow is Cana boost for flowering stage. My question is can I add my Canna boost and nothing else to the ph balanced water?

Decided to continue feeding as I'll need to go another two weeks. That would put it between 9-10 weeks and GDP is approximately 9 to 10 week flower time. We'll see what she looks like then. This morning I swear I saw more weight on them!

One of my top heavy GDP colas was falling over. "I bring so many bud gifts I can't stand upright". Very nice problem to have. I had seen this in other grow journals and wondered if mine would ever get that large. It happened! Today I gently tied a soft support elastic thread on the branch and up to ceiling support. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON MY FIRST GROW! In fact, this second grow doing much better!

IMG_0990.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it’s just about done right. I’m watching mine everyday now some amber so I’ll be drying with you I think. What kind of smell ate you getting?

SubmarineGirl, the White Widow is earthy and spicy. The GDP has a fruity scent at times. Both are sticky to the touch for sure.
I think I'm chopping the White Widow today May 9th.

I chopped White Widow today. Wet trimmed and fingers would not separate just halfway through the plant. Soapy water didn't help and had to use Iso Alcohol couple of times to keep going - OMG! This is what happens when you grow to bona fide maturity. This shit is going to be deadly for smoke - can’t wait to try it. Put her into drying tent for now. Follow up soon.

I hope I didn’t screw this plant up. A member in another forum said the plant was no where near maturity, chopped way to early at 10 weeks, and it was not fed properly. If this guy is right then this plant goes in the trash. This plant is supposed to average 7-9 weeks flower and I went 10ish. Pistils gone or red, trichomes turning amber, and plant changed colors toward the end. Very frustrating trying to dial in the right chop time with so many online peanut galleries screaming chop now vs. wait another 6 years plus Cal mag!

Latest posts

Back