Beginner First GDP Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to trash the plant. Breeders like to hype up short flowering times to sell seeds. A plant is ready to harvest when it is ready to harvest. If you harvest early, you get smaller yield and a more energetic buzz. If you harvest late, you get higher yield with a more couch lock buzz. Just see how your buds affect you and learn from that for your next grow.

We're putzing along with this GDP. This plant was watered just yesterday. First grow (mother plant) was good but chopped too early at 102 days from seed. This one I have no idea while some tell me if was ready a week ago and others say not quite ready. I've only recently learned and been paying more attention
to pistils changing colors no matter what week I'm on. Captured some trich pics below.

GDPaaa.jpg
tempImaged5yBzl.png
tempImage797wfr.png
tempImage68L26A.png
tempImageTGCGYr.png
tempImageUytIxE.png
tempImagelCUV8y.png
tempImageIQYYri.png

No need to trash the plant. Breeders like to hype up short flowering times to sell seeds. A plant is ready to harvest when it is ready to harvest.

Hello @oldfogey8!
You mention that a plant is ready to harvest WHEN IT IS READY TO HARVEST. While I'm on my second grow, I've readjusted my ridiculous expectations (particularly seed seller's hyped up flower time) to pay attention to the plant first and foremost. Thank You.

My GDP is on its 10 th week of flower. No amber on the buds but the sugar leaves do have amber. one plant in the tent was harvested last week. Don’t know if those last three will ever get done…

My GDP is on its 10 th week of flower. No amber on the buds but the sugar leaves do have amber. one plant in the tent was harvested last week. Don’t know if those last three will ever get done…
I grew something called Buckeye Purple a long time ago. The trichomes turned purple which for a while I mistook for amber…

Into week 10 of flower for these GDP clones, Bubba Kush, and White Widow. I'm guessing that I'm getting close. Maybe another week but those pistils are still hanging around in large numbers.
View attachment 295916View attachment 295917View attachment 295918View attachment 295919
Pistols won't tell the story. Get a gander at the tric color. My GDP went 10 weeks, still not 30% amber, but starting. Ripping a bud open revealed more amber inside. You should be close.

Seems like I usually get a late flush of pistols, love to see them...there is more swelling to come!

Bubba

Pistols won't tell the story. Get a gander at the tric color. My GDP went 10 weeks, still not 30% amber, but starting. Ripping a bud open revealed more amber inside. You should be close.

Seems like I usually get a late flush of pistols, love to see them...there is more swelling to come!

Bubba
My GDP is starting week 11. one plant was ready last week but was the runt of the four. Been checking I have amber on the sugar leaves but not on the buds yet. Seems to me taking forever. What do you mean ripping a bud open to reveal more amber? Would there be more inside the bud that outside?

I hope I didn’t screw this plant up. A member in another forum said the plant was no where near maturity, chopped way to early at 10 weeks, and it was not fed properly. If this guy is right then this plant goes in the trash. This plant is supposed to average 7-9 weeks flower and I went 10ish. Pistils gone or red, trichomes turning amber, and plant changed colors toward the end. Very frustrating trying to dial in the right chop time with so many online peanut galleries screaming chop now vs. wait another 6 years plus Cal mag!
If you go to toss that plant in the trash, toss it in MY trash! Looking pretty good to me.
Remember that there's no rule that says you have to harvest the entire plant at once, either. All buds don't develop at the same rate. I've taken top colas and left the rest to fatten up and mature for a week or two longer.
If you seriously washed the resins off your hands, you wasted one of the nicest treats a trimmer gets, finger hash. Rub your fingers together and you'll see it'll come of in balls. Good stuff, and you don't have to dry it to smoke it.

I chopped White Widow today. Wet trimmed and fingers would not separate just halfway through the plant. Soapy water didn't help and had to use Iso Alcohol couple of times to keep going - OMG! This is what happens when you grow to bona fide maturity. This shit is going to be deadly for smoke - can’t wait to try it. Put her into drying tent for now. Follow up soon.
Oh man, that sticky is for killer scissor/finger hash!

I really need to wrap up this thread as it went from first time grower to Mother plant and clone babies. These plants couldn't even stand on their own anymore. Chopped it all down after going longer than the first grow. Will update dry weight and pics soon!

We hung it for an hour and I went ahead and threw this out as well. Really strong scents though! Couple of experienced growers agreed these needed at least another 3 weeks pushing them into week 15 flower. I do believe with at least 3 more wks to go, it would of been shit to smoke at this stage anyway. Autoflowers are looking more and more attractive. I had been so opposed to autos that I don't even know what strains are available. Any suggestions from experienced Auto growers message me with your easy to grow favorites! :)

tempImageOLMGXI.png
tempImageItJuMW.png

We hung it for an hour and I went ahead and threw this out as well. Really strong scents though! Couple of experienced growers agreed these needed at least another 3 weeks pushing them into week 15 flower. I do believe with at least 3 more wks to go, it would of been shit to smoke at this stage anyway. Autoflowers are looking more and more attractive. I had been so opposed to autos that I don't even know what strains are available. Any suggestions from experienced Auto growers message me with your easy to grow favorites! :)

View attachment 296909View attachment 296910
What do you mean by throw it out BB?

Gave it away...

Just ran out of my first run of purchased seeds from Rocketseeds (Dotcom)
Since I started my first grow October of last year, I practiced on a few plants.
Unsure what direction to take in regards to growing, what seeds to order next, and what I'll do different on next grow.
Currently germinating some Jack H and today a Cereal Milk seed popped. Not sure if the Mendo B clone will make it.
Here's a pic of Cereal Milk grown from a seed I found in an 1/8th I bought a while back. I have no idea what will come of this plant but will try to help it along. Back to the seed providers, I'm guessing I should place an order with Humboldt? A real authority that's been around for a while? Any suggestions? Thank You in advance
:)

CM1.jpg

Latest posts

Back