Beginner First GDP Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comment "threw this one out" had some picturing a dumpster of sorts. I've responded elsewhere and pasting response here:

I gave it away. In good hands to dry/cure and will sample later. There was a lot of flower! Will get dry weight, off branches, before curing. While we've been a cancer patient household for last six years, I know others in similar treatment who benefit from it.

From another forum and same discussion:
Howdy Blueberrymilkshake! Thank You for believing in me and I BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR SAGE ADVICE. Third grow will be in oven until it's frickin' done. Not even setting up seedlings for next veg tent while next grow moves into flower. I will not be rushed or distracted by anything at all. Will post those strains on another thread once plants are in flower. Will add link here when it's posted. And we're gonna ride and drive, like we stole that big ole' F***n' Princess Ganja Patience bus right down the middle of that desert highway! And that's what's gonna happen here. Will return in a few weeks with greenery pics.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention these in the corner.
So there was four different strain plants that wouldn't fit into the 4x2 when I began my second grow. And I have two little ones outside with buds growing! And I don't know how to grow this plant outdoors! Just going to roll with it for now. I guess I can post pics of those two outdoor plants later. The four seedlings include:

(1) Mendo Purp I grew from seed which I pulled from a bud!
(1) Blue Dream grown from seed (Rocketseeds dot com)
(1) Jack Herer (Rocketseeds dot com)
(1) White Widow (Rocketseeds dot com)

I transplanted them into 1 Gal. pots and kept them there into flower. I figured I'd be finding out how good/bad 1 Gal. pot would yield me. I knew it was going to be impossible to do with those plants what I did with my 5 and 7 gal pots but I had nowhere else to put them but in my second and final 2x2 with 100 w. spider farmer. Results were OK given smaller growing space and lighting but a lot of TLC. Let's push these along! I would like to succeed at this little bunch of plants as I would like to experience Blue Dream and White Widow for the first time using my own home grown. Would also be nice to see that Mendo P finish well (although smaller yield) as I smoked the bud that seed came from :) Enjoy the pics in order above.

IMG_1344.jpg
IMG_1359.jpg
IMG_1360.jpg
IMG_1362.jpg

Last edited:
My germinating seedlings brought surprises today May 18th. Looks like my third grow, of four plants, will include the following seedlings assuming none lost:

(3) Gorilla Glue #4 (Rocketseeds)
(1) Mendo Breath (Seed plucked from another bud back in March and saved until now. Just popped May 18th!) This seed has Seymour all over it! I mean its aggressive growth and size!
(1) Cereal Milk (Seed plucked from another bud!)
(1) Jack herer (Rocketseeds)

tempImagezwP7ZM.png
tempImagew4tTXo.png
tempImageSEWqng.png

A member in another forum suggested I throw out all these little ones grown from bud seeds. I'm so new to this and so ignorant of genetics its frustrating but a genuine adventure for me. He thought I took the seeds from my own plants and suggested they were hermies. The seeds were taken from a 1/2 oz. baggy of flower. Although I'm moving into my third grow, I've never had anyone say any of my countless number of photos had hermie plants. So apparently even this Mendo P below is a no go and must go!

IMG_1344.jpg

Hermies will smoke fine. I have had them and smoked them but never used the seeds. I wouldn’t ‘toss’ them. Just grow them out, harvest them and enjoy them. Use the seeds if you want but genetics are what they are. To me, it isn’t worth spending the time to grow a seed that may have a predisposition to hermie. If you want seeds to grow with, you can always buy some ‘regs’(not feminized) and grow out a male with your females. You will get more seeds than you could ever use. Some people are even kind enough to gift ‘reg’ seeds. I am one of those that grew out a male and now I have thousands of seeds. Mine are crosses of plants I really liked and hopefully the offspring will be nice as well. Some of the seeds are growing now. Results will come in 3-6 months on how I did.

Until I have space to play and gamble with, going to stay away from the hermie seeds, for now, no matter how attractive. I have limited space to be taking that much risk. And with my limited space (2x2 and 2x4 tent) I can't be messin' too much with genetics. Sticking to quality feminized photos for now.
Thank You for your help!

Last edited:
I never found any but did notice a few Nanners on some not a lot and no seeds at harvest
If they throw ‘nanners late in flower, I believe you are unlikely to see seeds(it takes time to grow seeds from a pollinated flower)but a female plant with ‘nanners is a hermie by definition. I am glad you didn’t get seeded. My hermies were due to light leaks caused by my frickin’ cats climbing my tent. I did get seeds. Not like a fully pollinated plant but there were seeds. Still smoked nicely. The plants may have been inclined to hermie because another strain I had in the same tent did not hermie though it was a more tested line(Mimosa vs Mendo Cookie freebie seeds).

If they throw ‘nanners late in flower, I believe you are unlikely to see seeds(it takes time to grow seeds from a pollinated flower)but a female plant with ‘nanners is a hermie by definition. I am glad you didn’t get seeded. My hermies were due to light leaks caused by my frickin’ cats climbing my tent. I did get seeds. Not like a fully pollinated plant but there were seeds. Still smoked nicely. The plants may have been inclined to hermie because another strain I had in the same tent did not hermie though it was a more tested line(Mimosa vs Mendo Cookie freebie seeds).
Yes It was in my learning days and I actually still have a bunch of them seeds
I screw around from time to time and pop en until flower and still all female
They smoke nice too, put me right to sleep if I grow them out fully to the end.
The naners I use to pull with tweezers now no more either .

New totals on my second grow experience. Grand Daddy Purple came in a hair or two over 7 oz. The mother plant was my first grow and came in at 3.2 oz. total. I also had a few 1 and 3 gal. plants with a White Widow and Bubba Kush averaging 1 oz. each.
Pictured here is GDP. So how does this smoke? Well, despite apparently being a indica dominant strain, I've had several test smokes of this batch and what a mind f***! It smokes like a strong sativa every time! It doesn't come with the couch lock I tend to avoid. And this shit lingers, in the brain, for a couple of long hours.

More pics to come!
tempImagefkUoC1.png

Took my GRAV glass for a spin this weekend. Grow #2 still drying/curing before weigh in. Packed a bowl of some Sluricane into 14 mm bowl. Recently added an ash catcher to this flat bottom piece.

Cheers!

View attachment 297613
I see you have an ash catcher, good add. I have that same grav rig. I like their Large Upright also, stem is tilted instead of straight up. I find I use it more often. It will require another ash catcher, it needs the 90 degree straight up catcher. Love their glass, so easy to clean.

I really like that 90 degree upright ash catcher as well. While this brand ash catcher is a bit more expensive than so many out there, it's a borosilicate glass design that won't disappoint!

Latest posts

Back