Beginners Growjournal (lr2+ak47)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crozar

Reaction score
Hi all , are all are high ;) i hope so.

Thanks to MjPassion and friends that my growing process was a success , However , i might not be always lucky.

My Setup

120x120x200cm grow tent
600 watts HPS + cooltube
1 carbon filter
5 pieces of alaminium ducting
1 fan
1 intake for the tent (which exausts cold fresh air from room)
1 intake for the cooltube (which exausts coldair from the A/C)
1 exhaust for the carbonfilter (neutralizes odor when leaving the tent)
1 exhaust for the cooltube (disperse heat from other side)
---
Strains
10 seeds overrall
5 x LR2
5 x LowRyder2/Ak47
plants Life
-
1st LR2 harvested 20grams.
-
4 lowryder2 plants are 1month old * however not growing big :|

2 AK47xLR2 is 1month old. * 1 is growing bigger then every1 else

the last 3 AK47Xlr2 is the new ones which is about 7days old.
My Basic Guide
Organic Soil
water
seed
24/7 HPS light
air flow
:D HARVEST :D

Information

Soil :
i use Organic Soil which is not acidic nor salty however its a balanced PH of 6.5- 7.5 buffered with a very low NPK value. that means i will be good in watering normally straight from tap the first 2weeks. after that i must be sure in watering a 6.5ph.
-
ask at your store for a good organic potting soil which has no NPK and has a balanced PH output range.
PlantFood :
i have BIO-Bizz organic fertilizers , the whole pack.
ill be using Bio-Grow from the 17thday onwards to the 35thday .
from the 35th day ill be using Bio-Bloom until harvest.
ill be using 1/4 the strength of the plantfood for the first 10days of feeding any plant then schedueled on a riseing strength within every 5days.
Light :
HPS 600watts , i have tweaked my cooltube with 2 cycles , 1 giving in cold air and 1 outputing the heat by exhausting it firmly , i can nearly feel 0% of heat anywere near my cooltube.
-----

IMG00007-20090707-1514.jpg

IMG00008-20090707-1515.jpg

IMG00009-20090707-1516.jpg

IMG00010-20090707-1517.jpg

IMG00011-20090707-1517.jpg

i think my first plant was lucky that it harvested that much , because the rest of my plants are looking bad except 1 which i have my hands near in the post above.

they are about 1 month old i think they are in shock because i had emergency times where i had to shutdown everything for 24hours .

i dont water much im like a drip feeder myself , i water a glass or 2 whenever the top is dry.

i dont see mould or fungus , they just dont have leaves lol , they are budding without leaves :S , its strange probebly its a shock or maybe because im using HPS ?
my first plant was a success i think because i used CFL's for the first month :S
should i switch HPS to Flourecent for now ?
temperatures now
25 degree celcius
50% humidity
this is my grow journal but im hoping if some1 can help me finish it correctly =/ im a beginner i have dealt with errors through out my first grow but this is a strange error i never knew such will occur . a finger tall plant that is full of bud is weird.

IMG00012-20090707-1518.jpg

IMG00013-20090707-1518.jpg

IMG00018-20090707-1519.jpg

IMG00016-20090707-1519.jpg

IMG00017-20090707-1519.jpg

hmmm after reading around i found information about such problem , this occur if the temperature is 15degree celcius in dark hours they will produce buds , but is my thermo reading incorrectly i doubt that :/ but i had days which temperature was 16degree celcius but never colder in my dark shift when i had times where i needed to turn off the lights

they look like trimmed fresh buds stabbed into the dirt man. wat up wit that?

whats up with that ? these are lowryder2 , they shouldnt be this size in 1month old , or that means they are nearly finished with a finger size :/ are my seeds fake or something lol

idk i never done autos. but i wasnt bein a critic man. just thought wit wat lil i know that it looked odd the way they looked was all. or maybe its the pic quality that threw me off. anyone else take a gander at em?

Hello Crozar :)

Can you paste the seed descriptions please.

I'm wondering why your plants are so short, they look as Zip says, a full bud with no leaves.

:peace:

i thought they looked a bit strange..

seeds discription

the plant in post#1 is a AK47xLowRyder2 : Feminized
-
the plants in post#2 from top left to topright is
lr2 , ak47 , lr2
the bottom to is lr2
-
i have retransplanted the bottom 2 in a new bucket with much more perlite and clay stones , just to see because when i removed it from their own pot the soil was very black and compacted , its maybe because i have been watering it with warm water , i cant control my tap water in summer its very hot lol , and the soil is very cold because of the growtent temperature , so im guessing the soil is acting weird because of that combination , ill update pictures soon right now im out of the city and im leaving the plants without water for 2days to see how it goes.
i think i should water less , with this soil .
if things go good with the tests i will reconfigure the rest and try to tweak the soil with twice as big pot size with much air circulation and drainage , hope it gets good , i might switch my lights to 1000watts HPS , i hope they have a MH converter for it in osram so i would have the full cycle satisfied

in conclusion with the situation is that its a soil problem , not light.

These are my new babies ( its been 5 days in the soil )

3 lr2 and 2 ak47's

img1z.JPG

img2z.JPG

img3z.JPG

Good luck crozar ! I hope that your green thumb is firing on all pistons ! Peace and Happy days are coming your way this time ! PP

im using the same soil but this time i didnt take the compacted part , how i did this is after rinsing the soil more then 10 times and mixing it while rinsing and ssqueezing it , i figured out that most sensitive sand compacted soil is very very light that it just drains and i was left with the ones that are full of air and light in a way that roots can go around or break into it , ive broken those in small peaces and kept on rinsing it to remove any excess of acidity or salt , because the soil has a bufferer , and other things that is good for hot weather and can store water for a long term on that soil soo compacted , that part is away , every 100 liters of soil about 36 - 42 percent iz very very compacted and useless , so my first grow that went good and big and harvested around 29grams is because i was lucky that i picked up the good side of the soil , im really not 100 percent sure , but we will see from the 5 plants , 1 bucket is with the compacted part of the soil however with much perlite and hydroton , 2nd bucket , the good side of the soil only , 3rd and 4th and 5th are mixed 50/50 however those 3 buckets are rinsed more then 50 times before i planted them in ....
so if 1st bucket wins then my prediction is wrong and the 36 - 42 % of the compacted soil side is the win for the mj home environment ...
however if my prediction is coorrecct and the other side wins then ill have no worries with my upcoming grows and i will try to perfect it to the situaation im in until any luck of good soils such as ffof will be a bonus in my growing stages ;) which maybe hopefully in the future ...

im giving sides for compacted soil because maybe it has the things it needs for the mj environment , im not sure if its important , ... or maybe i need less in percentage of it ... the light and fluffy stuff i got to know their organic matter names so to know if its a correct mix =/

im happyy with my testings its better to focus , i dont like failing twice :( and i hope my life dont take me away again from this hobby lol

Ok a few questions.. You have such a nice gear and a big tent.. Why do you grow lowryders? Secondly why do you use such big pots for these small plants? Can't you use smaller pots and grow more of them.

But they really do look nice and cute. I heard that plants can only use 18 hours of light a day.. Maybe the 24/7 light is overkill... Don't know.. just a thought.

RiskyPack said:
Secondly why do you use such big pots for these small plants? Can't you use smaller pots and grow more of them.

Its best to grow Auto's in the harvest pot and not keep going up in pot sizes.

:peace:

hopefully in 8 days i will know which is good so i calibrate the rest to the good side =) and if this goes good my next grow will be 13 or 16 plants of diffrent auto's =D

What is the yield of auto's in 100 days compared to the yield of a "normal strain" that has grown from seeds. It would be very interesting to get the yield per square meter from 3 month of growing.

a normal strain produces alot more yield then an auto , however they go tall and wide and this is a concern for me , it will take hardwork for me to hide it once i must , or move it when i need to.

auto's are small , soo small that i can hide them behind artificial plants or under my computer table =) a strain is a strain in my opinion , its all about indica/sativa , and the taste.

if u smoke a Golden Malawi thats pure sativa , same as the ak47 however the malawi sativa quality maybe lighter however it stays very long and its very legit , but the ak47 sativa make u fly soo fast that the high dont last

Latest posts

Back