Beginning covert outdoor grow in N.E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to getting these plants outdoors and into the greenhouse soon. I think I am going to do half in the greenhouse in pots and half directly into the ground in the garden this year. Still thinking it's either the FF Ocean Forest soil or ph level. I will check the ph today. Do you consider this to be root bound? I had to be really delicate getting the plant out of the cup, the dirt was pretty loose. They have seemed to be much more established and rooted out in the past before I potted them up. I turned the heating mats off. The plants are in the basement which stays pretty cool and my light gives off very light heat so it was only slightly warm at the bottom of the cup. These first set up leaves started to fade quickly after the second set started to emerge. That's another reason that I doubt the root bound conclusion.

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
all the best outdoors this season

doesnt look root bound to me , not at all , looks more like a Ph issue

But she is young enough to pull out of it and be ok

The ph out of the tap is 7.0. When I water outside it is straight from the hose unless I am adding nutes every 3rd watering so I would rather not ph ALL of my water. I think they will all come back ok. Genetics/FF soil/high ph = some early damage but not catastrophic. Thanks for the insight.

The ph out of the tap is 7.0. When I water outside it is straight from the hose unless I am adding nutes every 3rd watering so I would rather not ph ALL of my water. I think they will all come back ok. Genetics/FF soil/high ph = some early damage but not catastrophic. Thanks for the insight.

yep yep , dont fix it if it aint broke eh

these are closer to the rootbound problem

6ECE7C51-F0F9-44F7-A63A-BD918E7C1FFA.jpeg
8A6DE79C-5F07-4002-B380-78B7BFEA1D4D.jpeg
EDA32D8D-CD68-48B6-8544-41D7E0BD3EED.jpeg

I went ahead and potted them up to 5 gallon fabric pots and have relocated to the greenhouse with some supplemental light for a while yet. Half of the plants will eventually go straight into the ground when they get bigger. I did add cal-mag to the last feeding and all of them seem to be getting better. Six of them still are behind the others in growth. I took off the dead leaves. I have never had leaves die this early in the life of a plant.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 0
” I did add cal-mag to the last feeding and all of them seem to be getting better.”

boom!

there it is

Could be but a soil advertised specifically for cannabis should not need supplements at this early stage you would think. I don't think that I will be using FF Ocean forest again. It's really expensive as well.

try some ProMix or Sunshine #4 and add your own nutrients

Day 56. Plants are coming along nicely. I topped them all above the fourth node and all tops worked perfectly. I have them all in the greenhouse with supplemental lights. Still planning on finishing half outside in the ground and half in the greenhouse. Anyone have any issues or tips for growing in a greenhouse? I had all of mine finish outside the last two years but interested in how they will do in the greenhouse. I am planning on treating them all the same unless they need something different.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0
Day 56. Plants are coming along nicely. I topped them all above the fourth node and all tops worked perfectly. I have them all in the greenhouse with supplemental lights. Still planning on finishing half outside in the ground and half in the greenhouse. Anyone have any issues or tips for growing in a greenhouse? I had all of mine finish outside the last two years but interested in how they will do in the greenhouse. I am planning on treating them all the same unless they need something different.

greenhouse rules will be the same as outdoor rules except no wind

just watch the greenhouse temperature and put some fans in there to keep the air moving

Does it make sense to keep the supplemental lights going in the greenhouse throughout the grow? I produce more electricity then we ever use by solar panels on the house so the electric cost is not a factor. I installed a hanging bar so that I can move the lights out another foot to get them over the plants as they get larger. I plan on a fan at each end for air circulation.
The last picture is what I thought was an auto-flower Northern Lights. This can't be an auto right? It should have started to flower by now if the seed popped on 4/10. Correct? Feeding with FF trio + cal mag and a spray down with BT. Anyone see issues with my grow? Also I am not sure when the best time to transplant 6 into the ground outside. It is nice enough but they are looking good inside for now.

IMG_0066[1].jpg
IMG_0068[1].jpg
IMG_0075[1].jpg
IMG_0076[1].jpg

can’t see any issues , just healthy plants

i am with you on the auto flower , it should be flowering

how long are you leaving the lights on?

6am - 9pm for now but I will have to adjust down after the days start to shorten.

if it was my grow , I would turn the lights off completely this late in the season

at least for my location

we are at 37 degrees longitude and have sunlight from about 5am to 9pm

we harvest anywhere from Early September to late October , obviously depends a lot on the genetics one is growing

I am in central Mass. My plant(wound up with 3 males) has been outside since early May. I wouldn’t recommend putting them out that early as the lone female has been flowering for about a month and surprisingly has not reveged. That being said, they could go in the ground any time now. If you are not paying for electricity, I personally would keep some of them in the greenhouse. You have better control over the environment as New England fall weather isn’t particularly good for flowering. I lost a bunch buds to PM and bud rot last year. Added bonus-you can compare greenhouse grown to outdoor grown buds.

Nice greenhouse. I would make sure your light hours ar the same inside as outside before you put them outside. Three of my outside plants are doing some type of revegging I think because of this even tho I tried to time it right. Good luck with your grow ✌️

Latest posts

Back