Beginning covert outdoor grow in N.E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archtype111

Reaction score
So, I have been lurking on this and many other boards over the years but never posted. I am a new mj grower. My plan is to start both cbd predominant and high thc plants. I am going to start them inside under lights then harden and go into pots in the private garden. Once plants get going I plan on moving them into more heavily wooded area and using deer fence to keep out the critters I could go up to 25 gal fabric pots if necessary. I have purchased the thc dominant seeds from several seed banks. All feminized. I also have some auto flowers in the mix possibly. I have a professional cbd grower friend that is donating that stock. For now the start to my soil mix will be the compost heavy garden soil from my planters and ground boxes. I have ordered coco blocks to add. Beyond that I have a few specific questions. 1. Whatever I end up with as a soil mixture, I assume that same mix is used whenever you repot? From say a silo cup to a gallon pot then 5gal and if need be 25 gal. If I was to used the fox farm soils I would need 20 gallons of it for a 25 gal pot, yes? 2. I have well water which I have tested so that will be my source. What is required to be added as a minimum? Do I mix it all up in a 5gal bucket and let it cook before feeding? That is it for now. Once I germinate the seeds I will post pics. Thanks

for your soil from seed to harvest get some Pro Mix with Mycorrhizae and then add your nutes to that , something like Jacks or Peters with micronutrients , for your outdoor garden

you can thank me later

13E744FA-5989-4E9B-80EB-8859C0152E13.jpeg
701ED57D-0742-4F40-B6A2-E0A9B87C6616.jpeg
C988F22A-B80A-41C0-84C9-7373689D2CE2.jpeg
A93DC790-590B-44A0-B651-0A9E16BAEAA6.jpeg

I used same soil mix throughout.
Not as advanced (with nutes, etc) - just MG soil & tapwater & sunshine!!
No seed banks - I just used the big white seeds - that if lucky - came one or two at a time with a bag of Killer).

I grew some very skunky colas!!

It's been 3 years since -
but I fondly remember moving buckets under tree canopys
in mid October
waiting for 1-2 more cool nights to turn trichs from milk to wine color.

This year - I will have grow room in my former spare bedroom.
I think I will do allright - if allowed to pick the brains of the xpert Stoners around here!!

I see that just about everyone agrees that a small amount of molasses is beneficial to most grows. Something that I thought interesting occurred to me that maple sap could be a no cost addition. I went out and tapped 3 Maple trees on my property yesterday. Guidance says Feb-March but I have no patience. The sap started to flow immediately. It got too cold and has froze up but it will start running again as the day heats up and is not below freezing. Has anyone had experience with this? I can't think of that many uses for it but in the garden. We will probably do one boil down into syrup but that is a long and tedious process because the ratio is 40:1.

In NE
Think about herb plants as tomato plants,

don't put outside till after Memorial Day -

normal years Memorial day to Halloween (last 2 weeks are tricky - esp if weather is damp & wet -MOLD - or so cold we get frost - DEAD if uncovered - tree canopy - bed sheets in a pinch.)

After the last frost and no more cold weather. Needs to be at least in the 60s at night with 70s and up during the day. Same time i take my pepper plants back out of the place i keep them for the winter.

thankyou. I am not too concerned with when to bring them outside, I have vegetables that start inside. What happens if I start a seed now? Knowing that it cannot go outside until warm nights. Will it to be too big inside to deal with or is it simply just too long of a veg. state?

I know you were asking when to start before brining the plants out, but most times May 15th in NE is last frost so afterwards good to go outside.
You can veg them as long as you want just keep your lights set for more than 12 hrs light ie : 18 on 6 off
The longer the Veg the larger the plant will be , most times.

Thanks for the info. Today seeds went into shot glasses until until they sink. Assume a couple of days +/-. Starting with feminized seeds from two different seed banks. A. OG Kush B. Amnesia C. White Widow D. Cream Cheese. Planning on 16 - 8 light schedule.

Latest posts

Back