Beginning of a perpetual grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 2 strains should I add to my grow? If you vote please leave a post on your opinion!

• Barney's LSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blim Burn GSC

• Cali Connect 818 Headband

• Cali Connect Boss Hogg

• Delicious Seeds Sugar Candy

• Emerald Triangle Cherry OG

• G13 Mozzerella

• G13 Sweet Amnesia

• G13 White Strawberry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am growing identical clones right now in 3 different mediums with 3 different nutrients. All three are distinctly unique. Flavor ( terpene profiles) are determined by many things, the growing style is a major factor in what the end result will be. Do some research, select a breeder who has a proven track record with the flavor you want and then after you order, shoot them an email and ask them for recommendations as to growing style. That will give you the best chance of actually tasting the flavor you want whether you want chocolate, orange. lemon grape or whatever.

I've never had a breeder contact me with any useful information, save Umbra. Swerve laughed at me when I asked for tips and said all he does is sell em not give away his secrets. Pop beans until you find what you want.
Albeit, that's the only pro breeder I messaged. I figured most would feel the same considering what beans cost.
It's kinda funny how we can't lockdown a chocolate, but citrus, for example, spans so many strains. Limonene can be found and experienced in hundreds of crosses.

A Grower may keep his secrets to himself but any reputable breeder wants you to suceed and wants you to crow about his product. If he won't tell you how he grew it he probably didn't.

I've never grown, only smoked, n other than your beans. It could be me, because I've never been able to taste it. It just tastes hash like to me.

A Grower may keep his secrets to himself but any reputable breeder wants you to suceed and wants you to crow about his product. If he won't tell you how he grew it he probably didn't.
I was hoping for an idea on his feeding schedule. That's all. Not his journal. I will say I'm pretty sure it was Swerve and that he did take the time to talk with me. I remember him saying they all clone well and all were the best. I don't know anything about the dude or how he breeds. His 818 was stable, fire and handled reveg but did not clone well. It did not herm, either. Boss Hogg seedlings are working their way up past the 3rd node now to meet their destiny.

So linalool, myrcene and ocimene for chocolate. Linalool and myrcene imparting acidic and fruity flavors.
Ocimene I'm not to familiar with. I guess that's where I'll start.

Early morning inspection shows good things in veg. 1 of 2 WS x LSD above ground, 2 ASA above ground! Hopefully they keep pushing. The last ASA to break ground keeled over pretty quick.
After yesterday's talks of chocolate in tempered to put in some more BoC, but I'm going to hold off and weed out some of the multiples.

After talking about chocolate weed, I flashed on Rudy Kurniawan. He faked a bunch of vintage wines. His palate was so refined that he could taste a vintage wine and blend an exact duplicate using modern wines. Many wine experts tasted Rudy's wines and thought they were the real deal. He got caught because the labels and bottles didn't match the vintner's label for that year vintage wine.

LCD and candy sugar definitely worth it...
Hey there ADA, welcome! I ran Barney's LSD twice, from the same seed and lost the clones. But it's great smoke. At times, mildly psychedelic. I have a feeling that effect is produced by timing and area of the plant the nug is picked from. Pretty, pretty buds!
I'm holding off on the sugar candy for now. Truth be told, almost every Delicious seed I pop dies somehow. It's always my fault. I think I've lost 5 Cotton Candy over the years. I'm preserving that bean I guess, I've seen pics of it in flower, it's beautiful.

After talking about chocolate weed, I flashed on Rudy Kurniawan. He faked a bunch of vintage wines. His palate was so refined that he could taste a vintage wine and blend an exact duplicate using modern wines. Many wine experts tasted Rudy's wines and thought they were the real deal. He got caught because the labels and bottles didn't match the vintner's label for that year vintage wine.
That's a very impressive palate. I'm proud of mine. It's been refined in the fires of some great kitchens. I think what you're saying here is.... Make it happen?
Escobar's Chocolate Rain stood out to me. Are you familiar with that one?

Hahaha.... I have the BoC lineage written down in the notebook. I can't ever remember what's in it tho.
That BoC really is good. I don't think I'd mentioned it but I can't smoke that as a daily. It's too strong man. I take a little toke of it here and there during the day. A buddy of mine absolutely loves it. He smokes it like it's coffee. It fuddles me during the day. In the evening it's great for me. Still only takes a hit even though I always take two or three.

Here's some pics because I'm over caffeinated already this morning.
I want to record the growth on WS. New big leaves. You can see the old leaves from the shock and recovery. She's pushing good now in the 5 gallon.
20200325_113812_HDR.jpg

I'll clean her up slowly over the next few days. Maybe select a few more cuts to send those hormones to the tops.
Veg tent. Not a 24hr record.
20200325_114111.jpg
Flower.
20200325_114137_HDR.jpg
My little germination station
20200325_100049_HDR.jpg

Lots of happiness there!

Latest posts

Back