Beginning of a perpetual grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 2 strains should I add to my grow? If you vote please leave a post on your opinion!

• Barney's LSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blim Burn GSC

• Cali Connect 818 Headband

• Cali Connect Boss Hogg

• Delicious Seeds Sugar Candy

• Emerald Triangle Cherry OG

• G13 Mozzerella

• G13 Sweet Amnesia

• G13 White Strawberry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's kinda tight in there to be honest, but thank you very much oldfogey8! With the cloning section cutting out about 5sq ft the donors are a little cramped for my taste (Although it's no where near as cramped as the 2x4 with 4 plants). I have a feeling it's going to be full of flowering cannabis in about 3 weeks.
I was thinking while I was in there working with them that 4 big plants might work the best.
Then again, 8bsmall ones might too. I really want to try just 1 well trained monster in like 40 gallons of soil. I'm also thinking about taking a bunch of clones to 12" and flipping too.
Long story short, I need 3 or 4 more 5x5's for following and about 100 sq ft for veg. Just to play around!

I am going to flower 4 in a 3x3 tent but I think pruning will help me. I hope. Prolly not...

They look great and are using the space really well. I love your smell and growth characteristics updates, I'm gonna be running some BOC in a few months and look forward to confirming that ...smell... whatever it is that the Politeness Bot bleeped out lol I remember the first time smelling the original ECSD being like, um, who sharted? Did I step in something on the way in? *check shoe*

It definitely smells like a dirty diaper! That's cool tho. As long as it don't take like it smells haha!

No no, Umbra! I'm not complaining. It's just funny! I don't care if it smells like poo right now. It could be roses by the end of flowering, who knows? Not to mention the change some jars can bring too! No worries big guy!

For clarification's sake, it's not a bad smell. I was working on the plans behind it and if course ruffling the BoC's leaves and I just noticed it had an odor similar to a poo. But, I did go rustling tonight and it is a faint Hershey smell.
Something I hadn't mentioned I'm my posts was the compost foliar treatment if done the day prior. I always wait two days to spray them down again. Trim work was done in the middle of that process. So I did some looking into super compost tea and their product. They use manure. Hopefully I don't get e coli? I'm fuzzy on aerobic/anaerobic at the moment but I think it would be considered anaerobic and therefore not a positive supplement to my soil colonies.
I need to read up in Teaming With Microbes.
Or if someone wizened should feel so inclined to educate me I'd be appreciative.

So I'm pretty sure it wasn't the BoC, but, manure compost sprayed everywhere green. I still want to name it Hershey Squirt.

Ok I got in there and let the weed whacker loose on the underbrush. All trimmed for flower. I took 3 cuts off each of the strains that didn't root before. Well, I took 4 White Strawberries. With all my removal I had a coffee can full of nice looking potential clones. I trimmed them proper and stuck them into the bubble cloner to see if it'll work as is. No real pressure on that at the moment. I just don't think the pump is up to par.
I stuck my oscillating tower fan in the corner. Fan cuts a 45* path of ion cleaning air. The whole tent gets proper air circulation now. I don't even need the 6" fans anymore so I'll move them to the veg tent.
I top dressed the 6 plants headed to flower with Sea bird guano, dolomite lime and langbeinite.
I up potted the White Strawberries clone. Tomorrow, the remaining clones pot up.
Today is the last day of 18/6 in the 5x5.
Tomorrow begins the transition period to flower. I can't wait to see some hairs popping out. 4 of the 6 plants were from feminized seed. With the stretch on the LSD and reading some journals scattered around saying Barney's can and will Hermie in the right situations, I'm a little worried I'll lose the donor. View attachment 256092 View attachment 256093 View attachment 256094 View attachment 256095 I'm hoping that the 2 regular seed plants will be female but I will not be upset to see a male. I will collect pollen for the second round of girls, pollinate a branch on everything and see what it does.

Very Nice Novi! Your top notch bro! Those plants are going to show you some Love! All that TLC you poured into your girls are going to pay off tenfold! I'm glad your her on MP! Top notch bro! Thop Notch! Ill keep my fingers crossed, I'm sure you will be fine. Just keep an eye on things, I have been down that road with a herm :( thats a daily task of clipping. Keep us posted, Novi and good luck on the clones. I missed one day and nearly cleaned out my hard work.
:D

Thanks SEK, but, I think I'm about half way to top notch lol. There's some notches I know I haven't got yet. I do appreciate the support though!
If it does decide to show Hermie I'm culling it. I've got clones of everything. The LSD worries me because occasionally the temps rise above 85f. One time it was up to 94f in there for roughly 7 hours maybe. I'm thinking that caused some stretch. I've read the environmental stress will cause it. I barely trimmed anything off it last week to make sure I didn't over stress it. Next round I'm going to beat it up and see what it can handle. It seems most growers don't keep it around because it doesn't fit well with their grow. I've always wanted to try it. There's nothing better than a spring evening walk with some mild visual stimulation.
I'll post an update tomorrow. I'm thinking on doing some tying down. I'm not sure I'll put the net in this time. Big tent and I'm not able to use the side panels right now. I might need a bunch of yoyo hangers? Not sure how I'm gonna support the nugs if needed at the moment.

I saw a video of Remo using bamboo stakes and zip ties to make plant-adapted trellises. The Atlas system seems kind of pricey to me.

Latest posts

Back