Beginning of a perpetual grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 2 strains should I add to my grow? If you vote please leave a post on your opinion!

• Barney's LSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blim Burn GSC

• Cali Connect 818 Headband

• Cali Connect Boss Hogg

• Delicious Seeds Sugar Candy

• Emerald Triangle Cherry OG

• G13 Mozzerella

• G13 Sweet Amnesia

• G13 White Strawberry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was thinking about that but with the garden tie I have. Big spool of twisty tie. But they always stab me in the ribs or the face. I'm gonna get tangled in yoyo's.
Those things are pricey. Id need 3 sets probably. At least two. When watching the video I was thinking I could buy one and get the 3D printer I never use running. I'd probably never do it....
I was thinking also on maybe just tying the plant to itself somehow. These girls have gotten way bigger than intended.

I have bamboo stakes that I have used for years that, aside from loosing their green stain, look like new. I use pipe cleaners instead of twist ties but same idea. I don’t like zip ties as they are plastic and (usually) single use. I know the pipe cleaners have a plasticy furry covering but I use them over and over as well. Now if some enterprising company would come out with hemp plastic zip ties, I’d be good with that. I wish I had the get-up-and-go to start a business and implement some ideas I have but I don’t.

Weekend Update:
Originals are still vegging. Things have gotten a bit unruly. My original round of clones are well rooted. The second round is dealing with temp fluctuations and roots are growing slow. I can tell when I take the humidity dome off. After a handful of hours the leaves all start dropping. This tells me that the babies are still drinking mainly through their leaves. I switched cloning gels because my shop was out of roottech. I'm using Olivia's now and it doesn't seem to do much. The clones dropped into water and bubbles look stronger. I'm going to get some dip n grow soon. Folks seem to trust in it. I'll snap some pics and upload them later. Nothing changed much, just more growth. I'm pretty sure the bigger girls are root bound at this point. They suppose to be half way through flower too. I think I'm going to up pot them to 7 gallon containers and then flip. Get another round or two of clones taken. Start the bracing and tying. Then flip it.
I've been so fricking busy for the last few months. I just barely have time to water the girls regularly.

Hey all! Here's a few quick photos. Some of these girls are getting tall. Finally up potted some of the first round of clones. Ran out of dirt. Still need to pick up the 7 gallon pots anyway. I'm wanting to get some worm castings too. Maybe some folic/humic acid as well. This is gonna take a lot of dirt.

Attachments

• 20191122_190514_HDR.jpg
    20191122_190514_HDR.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 27
  • 20191122_190500_HDR.jpg
    20191122_190500_HDR.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20191122_190524_HDR~2.jpg
    20191122_190524_HDR~2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 26
Went
in there and fed the girls. They were all thirsty. I moved em around. Put the bigguns in the back and moved to smaller ones up front. I think I've decided I need two flowing tents. One for short girls and one for tall ones. It's in the future that'll happen, no time soon.
The LSD is droopy again after nearly two days. It drinks a lot. I let her get to big.
The 818 suffered some pH issues due to me adding to much D.Lime. it's recovering nicely now and new growth looks fantastic.
Umbra's Triple Lemon smells like a lemon.
I do believe I have good clones of everything now. The LSD, BoC, Triple Lemon and Mozz all clones support easy. The 818 and White Strawberries took longer and only 1 or 2 of each survived of 6 total in two rounds. Now I do have 3 mystery cuts in the bubbler. They all cloned seemingly over night that way but I don't know what they are.
Oh speaking of that bubble cloner.... Opaque plastics may not be enough to block the light. I have algae. Shame, gonna wrap it up after a good scrubbing. Probably shelve it until I gather the parts needed to make it full power. One project at a time.

Edits made because of phone being testy!
20191124_133002.jpg

Last edited:
Thirsty ladies : )
A second light like an LED panel that you can drop down independently maybe? I've got that setup plus a t5 for the really short stuff.
You seem to be managing it well, though; they look happy.

Thanks Ms!
I'm slowly getting the tents in order for them to be permanent. I'm being lazy about moving the clones and gear to the 2x4. I'm worried about temps in there. But they all look to be pretty happy and well rooted at this point.
I'm never sure if what I'm doing until I do it. What I've been thinking on is the big girls to the left after some gentle bending and tying to expose bud sites and the little ones to the right just add they are, with the light lowered like you mentioned.

Welp, thank you again StinkyAttic! I went ahead and made the moves. I didn't tie down the big girls yet but everything's where it should be now! I'm seeing the timer now to 12/12.

Attachments

• 20191124_151123_HDR.jpg
    20191124_151123_HDR.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20191124_151231_HDR.jpg
    20191124_151231_HDR.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 27
I'm in need of more light and more space. Variety is the spice of life, right? It's dark in there now so I cant go in but those tall girls are tall. The light over them is hanging on the basic light hanger, just the 4 braided lines and a hook. I'm going to get that light up higher. I've been looking at the 2000w model made by King, the Mars SP series and some used lighting on ebay. I'm back and forth on brand new budget line light or used high end light.
I have a week or so to transplant still don't I? I know it's not ideal but it can be done right?

I added a webcam to the tent! Yay black Friday deals!
2CAA8E531C5D_1575254546608.png
I need to mount the thermometer in view. I'm going to use this camera for time lapse o photos through at least this first round of flowering. It has decent night vision so that will hopefully be cool to see what's going on in there in the dark. Let's see how well it zooms in for us.... It does not take zoomed pics.
It's been 7 days since I turned the lights. I think the BoC and LSD are already stretching. The Triple Lemon is so short. If it turns out to be a girl I'd be able to run 25 of them together in the 5x5. And I may. That and the BoC are the only reg seed planted. There's some more to go through of those too.
They're all drinking one and a half to two gallons every two days at this point.
I'm considering adding a few more strains but honestly I have enough running now. Tomorrow during lights on I'll try and get in there and get some good pics of where the plants are at right now.

I added a webcam to the tent! Yay black Friday deals!View attachment 256619 I need to mount the thermometer in view. I'm going to use this camera for time lapse o photos through at least this first round of flowering. It has decent night vision so that will hopefully be cool to see what's going on in there in the dark. Let's see how well it zooms in for us.... It does not take zoomed pics.
It's been 7 days since I turned the lights. I think the BoC and LSD are already stretching. The Triple Lemon is so short. If it turns out to be a girl I'd be able to run 25 of them together in the 5x5. And I may. That and the BoC are the only reg seed planted. There's some more to go through of those too.
They're all drinking one and a half to two gallons every two days at this point.
I'm considering adding a few more strains but honestly I have enough running now. Tomorrow during lights on I'll try and get in there and get some good pics of where the plants are at right now.
Looking great buddy! Its going to be great seeing those time laps, be sure to share! Everything is looking great. My girls are drinking the same right now too! I bet the smell is great! You getting all terped up!? So you should see something very soon!?

Keep up the TLC! Looking great!

Ok, I can't sleep. I went in and adjusted my timer. I had it set to run at night but to be honest I like being in there during the day! I'm no longer a nocturnal being. Everything looks pretty good so far. I believe the stretch has stopped. I haven't been measuring or anything but it looks like they've stopped. We do have white hairs everywhere. I still need to work with the BoC and White Strawberries tops. I think I've got the LSD tamed for the moment.
I'm a bit concerned on the Triple Lemon. Mayhaps it's just slow to turn. Tomorrow when I'll be rested I will give it the inspection. Being a male is not necessarily a death sentence right now. I like the way that plant grew and the maintenance it required. Which was none! It smells good too.
I have some pics. Though they are not great ones. It's hard to time the camera and the fan in the dark.Tomorrow I'll try to get some better ones.

This is the LSD top. She stretched almost 2x's. This was a big plant already. In the future I'll keep her much more tidy and short. I've been pretty leery of stressing her. Next run, when I have sample bud, she gets beat up. Topped and super cropped are the plan.

20191207_040851.jpg

This is the Mozz top. This plant had very little to no stretch. It's full and lush. I'm going to be sad to defoliate her. It has been an easy plant to grow so far.
20191207_040856.jpg

This is the BoC tops. I did get a successful fim on her. The 4 tops I'm going to tie and bend down, exposing all the bud sites. Im hoping that it won't cause the stems to break under weight of nuggetry. This plant grew fast and strong. She also cloned very easy. Always thirsty but never seemed to dry. She stretched about 1x and I think she's done. She hasn't moved in two days.
20191207_040918.jpg

20191207_040922.jpg

This is a shot of the nodes in the Triple Lemon, also a work of Umbra's. This one's kinda like a Totem pole. Very short (in comparison to its roommates), not a large amount of side branching. It may be 18 tall. I vaguely remember pinching it early on. It smells of lemon peels when you lean in to it and take a sniff. In the pic there is some striping in the main stalk. That may be shadow play.
20191207_041204.jpg

I have this pic, I think it's a flower on the White strawberries. There's something funky on the leaf that I didn't notice until looking at the pics. It looks like bug poo to me. I really hope there's nothing in there that shouldn't be. If there is, I missed the signs.
20191207_040912_HDR~2.jpg

The rest of the photos are not really worth posting. I'll be in there tomorrow. Well, today. Nap time now!

Attachments

• 20191207_040922.jpg
    20191207_040922.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 12
Might just be dust. Most bug **** that you would worry about looks like sticky dew

That's what it was. I louped around and it's all good. Cell phone cameras capture some detailed images these days! Thanks for sharing a red flag Lesso.

Go Nov ! --Getting a little chaotic ?--Out of Chaos comes order !--- I like being in the grow during the day too !-- Veg is 24/7 but I was running bloom from 9am to 9pm -- What ever works for U !

Go Nov ! --Getting a little chaotic ?--Out of Chaos comes order !--- I like being in the grow during the ll day too !-- Veg is 24/7 but I was running bloom from 9am to 9pm -- What ever works for U !
I found I have better days if I get in there in the morning. It helps me get my head right. 3 of those girls are way too dang big. But they gave me clones! I'm going noon to midnight. My veg is 24/7 too. I'd like to get a quantum board in there. I'm using a LED tube that's only 36w. It works but they grow slow.

Well with the addition of the eye in the sky I really don't go in the tent and often as I was. I can just take a look with the camera and see if I'm actually needed. It's nice but it provides for laziness.

2CAA8E531C5D_1576029543263.png

Latest posts

Back