Berry bomb auto / greenhouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alasgun

life's good Today!
Reaction score
IMG_0942.jpg Hopefully this is not too boring for all you acomplished types! Ive got a new greenhouse this year and couldnt not try one. So i went to my seed library and pulled out a Berry Bomb Auto bean which has the best chance of finishing during our short, intense summer. They say 70 days from seed and this strain can handle some cooler weather as well, perfect, and if not i'll move it in and finish it under a light.

From this point on don't expect charm and charisima which i cant spell and don't look for secret nute recipe's as this is a bare dirt grow using the same combinations as used on everything else in the greenhouse.
I started this seed in the house and once i had two nodes moved it out with the big boys.
This picture is at 4 weeks.

IMG_0943.JPG The soil is a locally available garden soil / ffof combination at 66 / 33 percent. Additional amendments include neem meal, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, fish bone meal and some mycos.
I make tea at roughly 3 week intervals and everything in the garden and greenhouse get the same treatment.
Heres the bomb 2 weeks later

IMG_0944.jpg Two weeks later she was pressing on the inside roof so i moved her down on the floor.

IMG_0982.jpg IMG_0983.jpg Now we're getting current and shes moved to pre-flower. Oh, and for me to smell that top ive got to stretch a bit and im 6 ft tall. Minus the pot shes about 5 ft and im predicting another ft or so to come in the next weeks. This is my first auto and im surprised at the size its getting!

Last edited:
IMG_1460.JPG IMG_1459.JPG A week later an shes taller than me now. Were beyond pre flower and starting to show very light traces of pink.
This week was a tea week and when im done with that i empty the residue into a bucket to spread around the greenhouse. Along with the soil amendments theres always a double handful of worms which always live thru the storm that is tea making. By now theres probably a half pint of them in this pot.
This is day 84 from seed and i believe we're gonna need another month or so. Apparently cukes and weed are good companion plants, ive also got a lady bug that spends a lot of time with her nose jamed into one of the flowers each day!
This is an exciting time, seeing how the plants finish out.

Last edited:
I ran a couple of varieties a while back that start to finish were under 60 days. They also didn't get very large. Yours are looking great! I personally think autos are fun and if everything goes just right like anything else they can be awesome.

IMG_0996.jpg Phones are amazing these days, heres one of those buds right down close.

Anybody know what kinda tre this might be? I always thought it was some kinda maple but looking more closely at the leaves, I’m having doubts...
4BE0CD24-4F02-47B4-ADA9-27B793F08FB1.jpeg

Looks like a sweet gum from here, sycamore has a leaf kinda like that too but i cant see any bark to tell. Sycamore has bark like a eucaliptus.
All im real certian of is its bigger nen my berry bomb bush.

Oops @Alasgun didnt mean to post this tree picture on your thread....guess I was paying attention to where I was or how high I was...sorry!

IMG_1095.jpg IMG_1094.jpg IMG_1096.jpg She's settled out just over my head now and starting to fill out nicely. These pics are 10 days latter than the the last ones. In the morning ill take her a latte.

Nice grow Alasgun. Congrats!

She got that last latte consisting of 1 qt milk, 1 qt worm tea and a 1/4 cup of molasses and is now nearing the end. From here out it'll just be water.
IMG_1117.jpgIMG_1119.jpg
This was an interesting experiment for me and i can see several autos in next years greenhouse.

F881CFB4-CD06-4EC2-A4AB-26E1E3F629B1.jpeg ED77D34A-56B5-4E0D-95FD-6E15CD53827D.jpeg An old friend of mine once told me “experience is what you get when you dont get what you want!”

Ive got the best job in the world, 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off. When im at work (like now) its 800 miles from home which sucks when a minor disaster strikes.

My berry bomb was looking soo good and very close to cutting then i talk to my wife tonight and discover we have bud rot!

So now my poor exasperated wife is doing her best to salvage some of the plant. Weve had several days of very drippy weather so it doesnt surprise me. Shes a trooper and will work as long as it takes to clean all this up, hopefully some of the goodies are still good.

Couple pictures of the good and the bad.

IMG_1151.jpg We got past the ugly part, electing to toss a quarter of the plant, maybe a little more than we had to.
The remainder hung a week before getting jared this morning and going into the freezer.
The bigger branch tip buds went into the press jar and will be the first thing i try when the press is completed. The remainder will become RSO. Ending what started as an experiment.

Last edited:
Nice! are you freezing for long term storage or prior to extraction?

In this case "prior to extraction". I'd normally go thru a longer cure if i wanted smoke.

Two years ago, in a conversation with one of our local dispensaries, they told me how they turn a lot of fresh cut plants into oil with no hang time. Being pretty new at this im not sure what that process would be called but it sounded good and i had some high cbd's id cut the day before so i tried it with one. That batch of oil was the most fragrant ive made to date. Nen i got to thinking about the time saved drying, curing, jaring, burping etc and being the lazy sort that i am decided to try it again with this one.

I've not pressed anything before either so some of it be headed to the squisher. My little experiment has turned into quite a learning experience which is cool. Never grown an auto before, never grown any weed in the greenhouse, never seen bud rot on weed and have no experience with pressed concentrates. Ive learned alot!

Heck im a pro in the making, probably write a book now!!!
Not really, Thanks

Latest posts

Back