Berry Ryder & Blueberry Headband

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64yoda

n00b
Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a while. This is the only forum I visit. But, I've kinda just been doing my own thing. I decided not to take the advice of someone saying to take my Blueberry Headband plant and cut it right in the middle and apply pruning seal to the wound. I appreciate the advice, especially considering this is my first grow, but I kinda have a Native American attitude toward stuff like that. I don't like throwing away. I'm far from a hoarder when it comes to material possessions. But regarding nature, I like to see where it goes.

Here's an update on where I've gotten to so far. Both BBHB and Berry Ryder seeds planted on the same day, 18 January 2015.

Berry Ryder had originally said 65 days seed to harvest (autoflower). I remember someone saying that girl totally had another at least 3 weeks to go. They were totally right. That was 20 guys ago, if I remember correctly, and the trichs still aren't where I'd like them to be.

Just did a trim of the youngling leaves that were likely using up sugar about 5 days ago, on both the BBHB and the BR. I didn't touch much that was close to the buds. But I canned everything that I trimmed off. Not gonna pitch anything.

I check the trichs with a microscope (that zem suggested I buy from Radioshack) every 2 or 3 days. They still appear clear to barely getting anywhere near cloudy to me. I try to look at mostly just the bigger flowers on the lowest branches. I'm not getting ansy, but I honestly don't know how long it takes for trichs to go from clear to cloudy or white. I thought I'd originally wait until they were amber and then I read someone say that amber leads to a 4-hour couchlock and jumping at every shadow. A 4-hour couchlock wouldn't bother me, but jumping at every shadow doesn't sound fun. So I think I'll wait until they are white and looking like they might just be changing and then I'll pull it.

I do have one question even though this is a journal: Do the trichs continue to change for the 2 weeks that you got the plant hanging up drying? If that's the case, I might want to pull it now.

Took the BBHB out of the tent cuz it was pushing up on the ceiling of the tent. For now, just gonna leave it outside the tent. That room is enclosed fairly well and I bombed our basement about 1 month before starting growing, so I'm not really worried about buggies. Last time we bombed our basement was like 3 years ago and we didn't even see a spider for about 1 year. I felt really bad about killing insects though. They have a right to be here just as much as we do, so I tried to use a bomb that only got rid of the invasive species. [HHTDL would still not be happy with me though :D]

IMG_0897_zpstq3dtxz1.jpg

IMG_0914_zpsqmkkjtlq.jpg

IMG_0913_zpsmqtaniew.jpg

The seedling on the left is Afghan Kush Ryder, a strain someone told me to just pull and trash. I'm gonna see where it takes me though. I do wonder why I had to tie it up though. I didn't have to tie up any of the other ones when they got to this height. Maybe it's just an inferior strain as I was told. The one on the right is called Auto Anubis. I only know what The Attitude said about this one, which is next to nothing.

IMG_0920_zpsuiudjohn.jpg

I honestly don't know where those mushrooms came from. It's not like I used soil from outside or something. None of the other planters have mushrooms growing in them. I don't grow shrooms, so please don't ban me because there is some weird species of fungi in my planter. I'm just gonna let them do their thing though, cuz of people using mycos, which I, as of now, know nothing about.

IMG_0921_zpso48yr7fz.jpg

The Auto Anubis. Much "fuller" than the Afghan Kush Ryder.

IMG_0922_zpshktr5tcs.jpg

And here's the Berry Ryder pics:

IMG_0898_zpsysp9ceio.jpg

IMG_0900_zpstyz7pqui.jpg

IMG_0902_zpsjlhc5v26.jpg

IMG_0903_zpshmm8biee.jpg

IMG_0904_zpsd7w1x6ka.jpg

IMG_0905_zpspflreetc.jpg

IMG_0907_zpsbkmariuu.jpg

IMG_0908_zpsx0kclqpk.jpg

IMG_0912_zpsj7koayjv.jpg

:48:

Also forgot to say that I originally had the Afghan Kush Ryder and Auto Anubis in the tent with the BBHB and BR. I knew they weren't getting enough light, or rather [eventually] I figured that out since they were just stagnant. Brought them upstairs to my bedroom and put them at that window, which is the south side of the house. I open the blinds a bit around 4 a.m. every morning. They seem to like the natural light. Not like they wouldn't, but I'm glad I'm able to use natural light without having to worry about growing outside and nosy neighbors.

I've never heard someone call mj "green mojo" ))))

Positive vibes you need to get more light in that tent bro your making the sun in your tent . Your plants will double in weight with more light.
Positive vibes bro

Positive vibes you need to get more light in that tent bro your making the sun in your tent . Your plants will double in weight with more light.
Positive vibes bro

SD, I know man. I even put my two seedlings by my bedroom window just to see how they responded to daylight. They seem to like it, but they're growing pretty slow. Now I know why seedbanks say that inside usually takes quite a bit less time to grow than outside. Or maybe I have it the other way around?

Trichomes on the BR aren't doing anything. For past two weeks they've been clear and not changing color. At least that's what it seems and I only check them with the scope every other day.

I know one HUGE problem is heat. I don't got enough of it. It's only like 63-65 F in the tent and probably even cooler outside the tent. I know if/when I invest in HPS, it's gonna help with heat. But I don't know how people keep the temps high enough if they use LED, even if they got enuf light, considering LED gives off the least amount of heat in comparison to all light.

Winter temps are an issue for me, too. I could never use LEDs in the winter, which is one reason that I haven't purchased any....well there is the matter of money, but I can usually scrape together enough of it if my grow really needs something. Even now into the end of April, it still gets below freezing at night and yesterday we had a high of 52. More light would be a twofold benefit--it increases the heat and the lumens, both of which will help yield. More light could make those buds 2-3 times the size they are.

Latest posts

Back