Best Cloner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont waste your money on cloners. All I use is clear solo cups filled with dirt and vermiculite and use cloning powder on the clones. I drench them then put them in a fishtank and spray the walls of the tank till they are dripping wet. You could build your own tank out of plexiglass which is better. I then seal the fishtank with saran wrap and tape it shut. I leave it closed and sealed for 2 weeks without ever opening it and you can see the mist all over the sides and top of the tank, and the roots thriving in the cup. Set it and forget it. 24 hour light with HO T5 bulbs.

That is interesting. what is your success rate? There are many ways to clone, its interesting to hear different methods :)

cloning in str8 coco with no dome.
4th day in. didn't believe it till I witnessed it.
they are not wilting. im still in disbelief.
I got 9 solo cups of coco with 9 live clones. 4 days.
why isn't this common knowledge? its working.
an article said roots within 14 days. I believe it.

Dont waste your money on cloners. All I use is clear solo cups filled with dirt and vermiculite and use cloning powder on the clones. I drench them then put them in a fishtank and spray the walls of the tank till they are dripping wet. You could build your own tank out of plexiglass which is better. I then seal the fishtank with saran wrap and tape it shut. I leave it closed and sealed for 2 weeks without ever opening it and you can see the mist all over the sides and top of the tank, and the roots thriving in the cup. Set it and forget it. 24 hour light with HO T5 bulbs.
So they dont need fresh air? Do get problems with mold?

Hey Track, look in my "stealth cabinet grow" journal in my signature. Look on the 4th page, beginning at frame 72, you will see my home made bubble cloner. I bout neoprene and cut it to make holders ffor the cuttings so that I could keep them at the right level. They can sit in the water but it works best if they aren't submerged. I try to get mine where they just do stick into the bubbling water 1-2cm at most, so that when I lose water through evaporation, they will still be close enough to keep the stems wet.

The air bubbling does 2 things. It splashes the water onto the stems like an aeroponic setup, and it keeps the water very oxygenated so that the cuttings won't drown. :)
Hush... Do you use any kind of dome with your cloner? Im told aeroponic cloners dont need one.

I don't use a cloner. I have, but i just do it the old fashioned way now.

:yeahthat::goodposting:

SIX PLANTS!?

I can do 8-10 easily and 12 slightly crowded in 2 clear plastic shoe boxes from the $ store. One plain and one with some drainage holes drilled. The cubes go in the box with drainage (1/8" holes), the other one sits on top for a couple of days as a 'humidity dome'. Been using the same boxes for over 5 years running.

1 1/2x1 1/2x1 1/2" rockwool cubes+clonex gel and solution. Before the cost of the gel and solution, the shoe boxes and cubes are well under $5.

It takes very little effort or equipment to clone.

Wet

Latest posts

Back