Best Cloner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
So, soon it will be time to clone my 6 plants so I can keep this money ball rolling.

I've had mixed success with regular cloners, as some of you may know, so I've been looking into aeroponic cloning systems.

There's EZ Cloner, King Cloner, etc.

Which one do you guys think is best and use?

Thank you.

I don't use a cloner. I have, but i just do it the old fashioned way now.

im with Rose, i made my own, bought 1 and borrowed 2 from a friend cuz i didnt want to ppya 140 or 250 for a cloner, and honestly keeping it simple is the way to go, i use rapid rooters and a RooTing Powder i found at Lowes, it works great on every plant iv tried, purple passion, aloe, roses, MJ, so on and so forth, after about a week to 10 days they are ready to be put in solo cups. i just found that the aero systems are more upkeep and plus they consume electricty where as rapid rooters and a powder do not... just my opinion, a friend of mine told me when i was trying everything i could, "Keep it simple stupid... you dont need to pay buttloads of money for something that can and has been done for hundreds of years by man and mothernature..." its true, keeping it simple has made my growing well... simple lol

I've decided to build my own aeroponic cloner. I'm going to get the parts tomorrow.

I love using the bubble cloner method. I works very well but as those above said, there are simpler ways to do it. The rapid rooters come to mind :)

I recently bought a EZ cloner and am very pleased. I've used the starter plugs, built a bubble cloner and an aeroponic bucket cloner. In my opininion the EZ is worth the money. Speaking of which, best not to mention money on here. just my 2 cents.

its so simple, a small rubber made, a fish tank air pump and air stone, cut holes in the lid get a T8 light for 20 bucks and you have a bubble cloner that works great.

I have always liked to use the same medium from seed (or clone) to harvest. I have been trying a lot of the other ways that I have been reading about and, quite frankly, they are not working as well as the old fashioned way. Rockwool was probably the worse result for me with Jiffy Peat almost as bad as rockwool.

I simply take a cutting, dip it in Rootone and stick it in the medium. Was always 90%+ for me. I always ended up with too many successful clones. We'll see if I have that same success with the Critical Kush I'm mothering now.

Never tried a bubble cloner. Wouldn't mind trying that once.

I have a friend who used to clone in little plastic cups about the volume of 2 shot glasses. All he did was stick the cuttings in the cup of water(2 to a cup) and then every day he would change the water. He regularly got 70-80% success with this method but it would take him longer. I turned him on to the bubble cloner and he now gets 95+% success in half the time, just not with the Larry OG :doh:

My brother has an EZ cloner and they are great cloners. If you have the money to spend on them, they are totally worth it. But I still love my bubble cloner for solid success that I can watch as it happens, and it doesn't cost much to make.

I hated the Jiffy Peat plugs when I used them, don't care for the rockwool either, even though plenty of ffolks have solid success with both. I would use the rapid rooter plugs iff I was going to be growing in Hydroton rather than coco coir.

Hush, are you implying Larry OG is hard to clone?? LOL... No way....!!

Alright, the bubble cloner seems great.

But how does it work, exactly? You're just submerging the cuttings in water.. isn't that bad?

What does the air stone provide, exactly?

Unfortunately, they don't sell ANY aeroponic cloner here in Israel.

I could order online, but the shipping would be >$100.

So, I'm just going to make my own bubble cloner.

I'll be out today fishing to aquarium stores. Get it, shipping? ROLF.

P.S. Am I supposed to submerge the clones in the water or have them just high enough above the water so that the bubbles touch them?

Thanks!

Make sure the container you buy does not let light in.

the clippings "Clones" are NOT submerged, you leave the tip of the stem about 1 inch above the water line so only the breaking bubbles will splash the stems. theres a great DIY Bubble Cloner on the fourm here in the DIY section, you should take a look at it. the pictures will answer mostly all of your questions

Hey Track, look in my "stealth cabinet grow" journal in my signature. Look on the 4th page, beginning at frame 72, you will see my home made bubble cloner. I bout neoprene and cut it to make holders ffor the cuttings so that I could keep them at the right level. They can sit in the water but it works best if they aren't submerged. I try to get mine where they just do stick into the bubbling water 1-2cm at most, so that when I lose water through evaporation, they will still be close enough to keep the stems wet.

The air bubbling does 2 things. It splashes the water onto the stems like an aeroponic setup, and it keeps the water very oxygenated so that the cuttings won't drown. :)

For my next round of clones I will be trying a new method for myself. I noticed that roots grew quicker(3-5 days)from the area that had clonex on it, that was just above the rapid rooter.

So with this knowledge I'm going to clonex 2-3 inches of the stems, so I have 1-2 inches of clonexed stem sticking out of the rooter plugs, and maybe 1/2- 1 inch in the actual plug

Probably the reason you had roots grow at the top of the plug sooner was because the clonex got pushed up when you put it on the stem then pushed it into the plug. It left very little don in the plug around the stem. I use a tooth pick and try to push a little of the clonex down into the plug before inserting the stem. I also take the knife edge and gently scrape the skin off the outside off the stem just a bit to expose the inner material so that the clonex gets in quicker.

Latest posts

Back