Best Concert Experience...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainViper

Cooler Than Your Dad
Reaction score
Howdy-Folks! What's Your Best Concert Experience? Let Me Tell You Mine. Things Had Been Rough For Awile, You Know, Paycheck to Paycheck, It Starts to Run Together After Awile. So, After Pulling Some Overtime, And Talking It Over With My Wife, We Decided " We're Going Out", But What Show?Some Good Ones Comming-up; Ozzy W/ Rob Zombie, Van Halen, And A Personal Favorite, Alice Cooper. After Checking Out Ticket Prices, Seating Avaliblty, Inside or Outside,... I Have Come To Find-Out That Most Of The Bands That I've Grown-Up Listening to, For Some Strange Resons, Think I Make Way More Money Than I Do. I Don't Know About You, But Personaly, $200.00 to $2,500.00 A Seat Is'ent In Going to Happen. Anyway, Seats For Alice Cooper, House/ TicketM*$*er Were only $47.50 Each. It Was Inside An Older Theater, Seating Less Than 1,500 People, I Got Paid 3 Days Before The Concert, Went On-line And Bought; 2 Front-Row Center Seats.:eek: :D Total Cost : $115.75 w/fees. Close Enough to Scare "Alice". Let Me Say...Im 43, And I've Listened To Alice Cooper Since I Was 8. I've Listened More to His Music Than to My Mother, My Father, Than To ANYONE. I Listen To Other Bands As Well,...Now. Valet Parking,Front-Row Seats,A Nice Fat Joint Before The Show, And No "Pat-Down/Search" Before The Show. Not That You Could Smoke Inside The Theater Anyway, Its More About Respect. The Opening Band Was O.K., But We Were There To See "Alice". My Wife Knew Who He Was, A Couple Of Songs of His, But Not What To Expect.:hubba: We Were 5' From The Stage, The Aisle In Front of us was Open, And Securty Kept It Clear. Haveing Had Past Concert Experiences Like Getting Crushed By The Crowd, Bone-Splints, Broken Ribs, Or Suddenly A "Mosh"-Pit Opens Around You, It Was A Nice Change of Pace. Alice Came Out And Peformed For 2 1/2 Hrs. He Put On The "Full" Show, Lights, Dancers,{His Daughter Dances All The "Female"-Leads, She Was Very Good.} Like 10 Costume Changes, "Dead Babie's"/Swords, Even The "Gallows", "Alice" Gets Killed Every Preformance/ Show. Alot Of People Don't Understand "Alice", His Music or What He Does In Concert, He's A Storyteller, He's Writen Hundreds of Horror Short-Stories, Set To Music. He's Never Resorted To Curseing in His Music,Sure Sometimes The Subject He's Singing About is Shocking, Outrageous and Conterverseral, But Thats What He Does. But,He's Not "Vulger" Wile He Does it, And Every Album He's Done Has at Least One Love Song On It,And Every Album Has Had At Least 3 Songs That Has Been Worth the Price of the Album on It."Alice" Gave Us His All, He Sang Alot of His "Older" Music, Everything We All Knew And Loved,I Was Horse for A Week, But It Was Worth It. My Wife And I Had A Fantastic Night. It Was My Best Concert. So, Tell Us About Your "Best" Concert. Looking Forward To Reading About It. CaptainViper.:D

I guess out of all the concerts I've been to, "Wings" in Berlin, Germany was the best memories. That was in 1976 if I remember correctly.

I sprung for a box seat that literally hung over the right side of the stage where Paul McCartney was standing. I was in jeans and was toasted pretty good. I shared the 8 seater box with 2 guys and gals that were in tux and evening gowns. They even had a champagne bucket with a HUGE bottle of bubbly. I smelled weed about 10 minutes into the show and one of the ladies had a pinner going.

I fired up my own and by the end of the concert, it was insane. I was up dancing with the ladies and back slapping the dudes. A few times, McCartney looked up at us and gave us a wink!

What a blast!

I spent about $500 for the show and drinks.

I'd do it again in a minute.

Paul and Linda painted the lyrics of "Silly Love Songs" on a bedsheet and paraded it along the Berlin Wall. I didn't get to see it, but I heard it was really cool.

my best concert experience..

Hands down..

Years ago, when the Beach Boys used to perform in Washington DC
for the 4th of JULY (back in the mid/late 80s), before they were
banned by Congress. Was the best most fun experience ever.

On the National Mall, on a blanket with close friends,BBQ/ beer/weed/and LSD.
and surrounded by thousands of thousands of like minded stoners like us,
around the Washington Monument. All the great opening acts before
the Beach boys. The LEO's stood back as we all TOKED/BLAZED and
enjoyed ourselves, playing freezbies/vollyball flying kites.

NO COVER / OPEN AIR SMOKE OUT/ GREAT BANDS/ GREAT PEOPLE
followed it all up, with One of the best fireworks show in the nation.

THe good ole days.

Now with terrorism/ can't take a grill/ no alcohol/ LEO"s on crack down
and you know the rest.

the closest i'll ever get to the 60's

My personal favorite was probably the Tool 10,000 days tour stop at the Palace of Auburn hills, But a show of note I saw this last summer was this Zeppelin tribute band that also played alongside the DTE symphony. It was awesome, and if you closed your eyes you woud swear it was really them...

Sounds like the real deal may even happen next year.

1979 bob marley madison sq.garden ,,,,,can not forget how small he was ,,,,(we were so young and so high) lady rasta says it was 1980 but i remember it as 1979 ,,i think i was 15 ,,,soon after that bob died ,,and me and the lady rasta got married ,,,bob closed the show with the immortal words PEACE,LOVE,RASTAFARI

Either Metallica in 93 or 94, Red Hot Chili Peppers in 95-96, or Smashing Pumpkins two days before they initially broke up. I'd probably go with Metallica though. Great live show.

Mine was a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young concert, before the show I was waiting for my wife while she was in the ladies bathroom, and I turned around and there was Gord Downey of the Tragically Hip, doing the same thing. We had a little chat, and the two women came out of the bathroom, and we went our seperate ways. Great concert too, it turned into a Neil Young show at the end, as being in Canada that's what the crowd wanted.

So the Americans are saying, "Who is Gord Downey and who cares?" LOL, well it is pretty cool for a Canadian, the Hip are a great band. So side question, how many Americans here have heard/like the Tragically Hip?

There have been a few, so lets see. Pantera playing with Sepultura and Prong, Lollapalooza, Staind, Breakin Benjamins, Metallica, White Zombie, hmmmmmm I am going with Pantera-Sepultura-Prong, that one was the loudest, longest concert i have ever seen.

2002 KWOD 106.5 Warped Tour

16 Different stages, over 100 bands! Lasted the whole weekend...leo's were present but not doing much, just makin sure order was kept!

They had the dirtbike long jump and the annhilator ball (Motorycle inside a ball cage)!

Beer, margarita's, girls in skimpy bikini's if anything, mosh pits, smoke outs! Great times!

They have one every year, but that was the best one by far, they are the same year to year, but band wise and people wise that one was the best! w00t!

Nova

18 great bands in "The Gorge" in Seattle, and the resulting party at a friends cabin after it :hubba:

Well this is a very hard question but were gonna go with Judas Priest/Iron Maiden. It was the Screaming For Vengance/Number Of The Beast tour in 82. Damn that was a great show. :aok:

"GREENDAY" Milton keynes, England.Sept 2004:p
what a show man, every time i think of that night it brings a smile to my face:D
the crowd was top-class, and within the first track "Jesus Of Suburbia" the place was rocking man.
don`t have the cash to go to concerts that much, but this one i couldn`t miss.:headbang:

Huh...lets see.
Best Show "Pink Floyd Division Bell tour" Toronto summer 1994 or was it 95 (long time ago) (I was 18)
Best "experience" NIN Downward spiral tour Pittsburgh 1994 with Marilyn Manson opening and Circus of freaks mid show. :aok: :aok:
Best concert. Lollapalloza '95...I never smoked as much herb as when Cypress Hill got on stage. OMG!!!!!

Another great one was the Santana concert I went to in San Fransisco. It was 1972 or 1973 I think and at about 11pm, Carlos Santana said they would take one man breaks and play as long as sun up.

I left at 3am, and I was so wasted I had to take a cab to a motel and come back to get my car at noon.

Damn! What a night!!!!

Carlos Santana went to high school with one of my relatives. I took her to the concert with me and we got back stage passes. I watched about half the concert from the left wing of the stage.

It got a little boring back there, but I got to meet all the band and they all signed my shirt. The shirt was stolen about a week later from my car when I left it unlocked. What a bummer!

Tragically Hip rock man! :aok:

Well, just a mind blowing experience was being able to see The Stones live two years ago. The acoustics were absolutely horrible, but seeing Keith Richards in the flesh was amazing.

I've been to so many over the years, but my experience at a festival in Speier, Germany in '72 stands out above all the others. The bands were Fleetwood Mac, Gentle Giant, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Joe Cocker and Bloodwyn Pig, there were many others, but they are lost in the haze...I did LSD 25 for the first time and went skinny dipping in the local river right next to the concert site. Just had a ball...

Peace...j.b.

Latest posts

Back