Best Concert Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
Just sitting here bored so I thought maybe I'd just throw out the question...what was your most memorable concert experience? ( That you can remember!) Mine's an outdoor Tom Petty concert over Labor Day week-end with the sun setting, sitting on agrassy hill getting stoned with 5000 other people. But the best part was standing back up only to find a big ol' piece of "stanky ass" bud stuck to my ass! Most Awesome experience of my life..if Petty comes to where you are I "highly" recommend it!;)

OOOHHH boy, Thats tough, been to Garcia's Last concert and shit to NIN circus of freaks with Manson opening. Phish, Rusted Root, Bush, Korn, on and on.but the most rememberable was:

Pink Floyd Toronto Canada. Freaking awesome. Got on a packed public bus from the hotel. Old hippie dude sittin next to me and dared me to spark one up. Well being young and dumb I did. He handed me a few caps of shrooms for the balls to do it and the rest was history. Lost my freinds. Had some dude get pissed at me for smoking a joint. (He had his kids young kids at a floyd show a row up from me). After an hour I was watching the background girls dancing and vanish into smoke. I could go on and on about that night.
The coolest thing was we took a short cut (So we thought) across a peat feild. I remember the ground feelin soft and spongy. but that was probably the shrooms. hahahaha. Wow what a night. Excellent show. not a concert a full fledged show.

Mutt said:
OOOHHH boy, Thats tough, been to Garcia's Last concert and shit to NIN circus of freaks with Manson opening. Phish, Rusted Root, Bush, Korn, on and on.but the most rememberable was:

Pink Floyd Toronto Canada. Freaking awesome. Got on a packed public bus from the hotel. Old hippie dude sittin next to me and dared me to spark one up. Well being young and dumb I did. He handed me a few caps of shrooms for the balls to do it and the rest was history. Lost my freinds. Had some dude get pissed at me for smoking a joint. (He had his kids young kids at a floyd show a row up from me). After an hour I was watching the background girls dancing and vanish into smoke. I could go on and on about that night.
The coolest thing was we took a short cut (So we thought) across a peat feild. I remember the ground feelin soft and spongy. but that was probably the shrooms. hahahaha. Wow what a night. Excellent show. not a concert a full fledged show.
Word to the wise...don't take a 10 year old to a Green Day concert :( and don't go to Metallica concert wearing tight white shorts. I could go on...;)

Mutt said:

Word to the wise...don't take a 10 year old to a Green Day concert :( and don't go to Metallica concert wearing tight white shorts. I could go on...;)

I've seen a LOT of bands (and were in a few myself).
I've seen The Beatles, The Rolling Stones (7 times), Fleetwood Mac, etc.
But the BEST concert I ever attended...

Circa 1975. I was living with Sweet Judy Booty at the time, and 1 day she tells me it's her birthday in a coupla days and how about I take her to Magic Mountain that nite as a b/day present.

We blazed a gang 'o weed in the parking lot and go in.
Magic Mountain has a small "ampitheatre" that seats about 500 or so,
I had no idea who was going to be there I was figuring someone EXTREMELY lame.
I was wrong oh so very wrong.
Little Richard was appearing that night.
I've always liked his tunes so we go in (we got there just before show time, and there were still lots of seats).

His band come on and did about 30 minutes, the His Richardness enters, purple ermine cape and all.

I was expecting a good concert, but I had underestimated Mr. Penniman.
The guy has charisma. He's not "all there", but when he's in front of a piano he has no equal.
He killed.
People who hadn't intended to come in heard that KICK-ASS ROCK AND ROLL and in minutes the amptitheatre was jam-packed. Everyone was ROCKIN' baby.
He did about an hour show then left. We kept stomping our feet and "we want Richard" but he didn't do an encore.
Magic Mountain had to call out their security, then the city cops, to get us to leave.

Seeing Floyd live would've been cool, closest I've come to that is frying on shrooms and going to laser Floyd. Probably not quite the same. I'm from the early 80's Van Halen, Jusas Preist AC/DC. I snuck out to see REO Speedwagon in the 9th grade. I thought that was pretty cool..oh the good old days although Billy Idol on Halloween night back in 91.. the chili peeppers opened for them and came out wearing only "sock" you know where! Hilarious!

FLASHBACK: oh yes the summer of 82.
musik36.gif
me and my friends went to see judas priest and iron maiden. got a ride up with a friends dad and dropped off with no ride home. walked around drinking and getting high all day until the concert started. got lucky and ran into my brother and got a ride home from him. best damn concert i have ever been to and i have been to many.
musik22.gif

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
FLASHBACK: oh yes the summer of 82.
musik36.gif
me and my friends went to see judas priest and iron maiden. got a ride up with a friends dad and dropped off with no ride home. walked around drinking and getting high all day until the concert started. got lucky and ran into my brother and got a ride home from him. best damn concert i have ever been to and i have been to many.
musik22.gif
Good Morning Grunt! Nothing like reliving the "good old days" Huh? Why don't my plants have more buds 4-5 weeks in to flowering, the tops look good(kinda thin) but the rest look pretty sparse? :( Too late to do anything or should I start focusing on my next adventure? :)

One of the concerts that satnds out most in my memory is one of the Texas Jams in the late seventees (76, I think). They had Sammy Hagar, Christopher Cross, and Cheap Trick but the Eagles were the headliners, and man did they kick ass. We were smoking Mexican dirtweed but we had a bottle of hash oil that we were supplementing our joints with. All in all, it was a great show and good times to be had by all.

Still, my all-time favorite concert was Hank Jr. at the Taylor County Coloseum. Earl Thomas Conley opened for him and, at the time, I liked E.T. almost as much as I liked Bocephus. Damn, I guess my cowboy roots are showing.

Greendaygirl ....the Tom petty concert Laborday weekend was great! We went to the Saturday show. In fact every show at that venue is always a great time.

We were at the Sat show also, The Black Crows opened..Same concert?

Yippers. Must be TOm Petty had a Fri. and Sat. Show. We were in row 24 section B
Don't ya just love it over there??

Grannie420 said:
Yippers. Must be TOm Petty had a Fri. and Sat. Show. We were in row 24 section B
Don't ya just love it over there??
we were up on the hill, danced my ass off! Best time I've ever had! We saw Metallica over ther too back in 98, Jerry Cantrell opened. Oh my god! They f-----g ROCKED! ! I love going to concerts there, I'm really hoping someone cool is playing there this summer. We were trying to get tickets to Pearl Jam but they were sold out. Thank God or I would've missed "Petty" I love that man.

Hey Greenday....do you remember the Monsters of Rock Tour? Awesome shows...Better than that was the Day on the Green shows in Oakland, CA. They went on for 15 years with many different bands from Jefferson Airplane to Ozzy/Metallica/Scorps. Great times....

My first show was Van Halen 1984 tour at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. My buddies Mom bought us a carton of Marlboro Lights and dropped us off at the show in a suicide door Lincoln at 9am. Spent the next 10 hours getting high and listening to tunes in the parking lot...then stumbled into the show.

But the BEST show....has to be Floyd. There is no equal.

firemanbob said:
Hey Greenday....do you remember the Monsters of Rock Tour? Awesome shows...Better than that was the Day on the Green shows in Oakland, CA. They went on for 15 years with many different bands from Jefferson Airplane to Ozzy/Metallica/Scorps. Great times....

My first show was Van Halen 1984 tour at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. My buddies Mom bought us a carton of Marlboro Lights and dropped us off at the show in a suicide door Lincoln at 9am. Spent the next 10 hours getting high and listening to tunes in the parking lot...then stumbled into the show.

But the BEST show....has to be Floyd. There is no equal.
I remember the Van Halen 1984 tour..I saw them in San Diego way back when. I saw The Who in like 82 or 83 (fuzzy memory) on their farwell tour but was too young and stupid to appreciate it. You guys who all have seen Floyd are just trying to rub it in. Sundays were made for chillin' to Floyd.;)

Woodstock 1969
Hot, wet, dirty, no food.
GREAT music though.
A true experience.
Glad I was there.

up in smoke tour
hahah
i was so young
went 2 get somefood
ran into some dude rolling a doob
nugs flyin everywhere
i ran like mad