best cure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
i'm almost done with my first grow. thanks to you good folks it went well. i've gained a lot of usefull info that in turn turned my thumb green. one more ?. is there a thread about cureing. i've been useing a dehydrator, which works good. i can cut and dry in 4 hours. just don't know the best method.

IMO, the slower, the better.

There is a thread (I think it's here) called "Curing by the numbers" that is a nice guideline.

I only dry for a day or 2 and then they go into jars. I leave the jars open for the first few days. It can take me a week or more before I go from 70 - 75% to 65%. At 65% the Boveda packs go in and go to work.

Check out the Curing by the Numbers thread.

EDIT: Here it is... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54451

You dont want to dry anything in 4 hours, your smoke will be harsh, as Hackerman has said you want a slow cure.

When I was growing heavily, I had a drying cabinet that I build out of a book shelf cabinet. I took the shelves out of it and enclosed it with a hinged door on the front. I cut a 4" hole in the top of it and mounted a computer fan that was set on a timer. I had a small air space in the bottom that was enclosed where I made openings to the outside and to the inside. I could place desiccant pack in that space to dry out the incoming air. I would then place all my harvested bud in the center open space on screen racks that I made to fit into the cabinet. I let my bud (which was usually in the area of 20oz) dry slowly in this cabinet for about 5-8 days depending on the outside humidity. Only then did I move them to jars for curing.

You don't want to dry fast as that can definitely trap chlorophyll in the bud that hasn't broken down, and that makes the smoke harsh.

Here's my version of "curing by the numbers", the guide I learned from.

I cut and hang all my stems upside-down for close to a week in my UN-lit flower area and then jar it.

The smallest leafs that I didn't trim off turn crispy right @ the end of that week but then after its in the jar, the moisture still in the center of the buds/stem works its way out and rehydrated those little leafs.

I use a small hydrometer inside each jar (canning jar's bought @ local drugstore) that I bought off amazon to know what's going on INside the jar.

I shoot for 62%
:48:

Latest posts

Back