best fried chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your Favorite Fried Chicken

• Churchs

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • KFC

• Chic Fil-a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Popeye's

• Brothers

• Williams Fried Chicken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your mother's

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Your Grand Mothers

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
You guys got me hungry for fried chicken. But have you ever looked at the bottom of a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.....not perdy

giphy.gif

That fad was one of the dumbest, most idiotic, earthworm-stupid things. The scene above was repeated with just about every one of those things ever used.

1. Drop an ice-cold, frozen turkey into a tight space full of boiling oil. Directly above a huge open flame. Sounds legit. No problem. Much.

2. Even though the hot boiling oil spits up all over your hand and arm, be sure not to drop the big fargin bird in it. You must ease it in, ignoring the scalding burns.

3. Since no one has ever been able to ease it in without big splashes, of course they all explode in flames.

View attachment 269331 View attachment 269333 View attachment 269334

View attachment 269335 View attachment 269336

So why did so many of those who took to Tide Pod Challenge gravitate towards these firestorms?

The reason was simple -- the turkey came out perfect every single time:

View attachment 269337 View attachment 269339View attachment 269338
bee717e5-f3b8-4adc-8050-7f682a91086f.gif

I've never tried deep frying a frozen turkey, but the thawed ones I have came out SO good! You do it outside (duh), and I use a long boat hook to slowly lower the contraption with the bird on it into the oil. Just can't beat it for tenderness and flavor. Ain't set the world on fire yet, and where I do it, it just ain't gonna happen. I always keep a 20 pound commercial fire extinguisher within grabbing distance, just incase.
OK No joke when done correctly the turkey comes out Fantastic!
Yes turkey has to be fully thawed and patted dry a few times before even thinking of the SLOW insertion to the 390deg oil. 3-4 mins a pounds.
Then pull out and drain. Yummy.
The mistake I made was figuring for Oil displacement and had too much found out the hard way and had to do a cool down and remove a few qts and good to go. Slow lower into hot oil dry thawed turkey works wonderful.
Oh Have a BIG Assed Fire extinguisher CO2 preferred, I have my old 25 gallon boat CO2 with the larger nozzle .
1614723563056.png

I figured out a way to determine how much oil I need. I put the still frozen bird in the pot and fill it with enough water to cover the bird. I mark the water level with a piece of tape on the outside of the pot. Pull the bird to thaw and drain, empty and dry the pot, and refill with oil to the tape mark. Don't forget to remove the tape or you'll never get it off.

I've never tried deep frying a frozen turkey, but the thawed ones I have came out SO good! You do it outside (duh), and I use a long boat hook to slowly lower the contraption with the bird on it into the oil. Just can't beat it for tenderness and flavor. Ain't set the world on fire yet, and where I do it, it just ain't gonna happen. I always keep a 20 pound commercial fire extinguisher within grabbing distance, just incase.

CRIKEY! I typed this yestiddy and neglected to hit ENTER. Jeez.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like a plan EXACTLY the same plan our resident Hunt Club turkey type guy used:

He took his boat hook and eased the turkey in there without a glitch. Turned to tell us all how easy it was, and his boat hook caught the top-heavy can and tipped the ten gallons of grease over. Beautiful explosion.

Lookit how the legs are NOT splayed out far enough. They just extend the length of the cylinder.

Attachments

• 1614719351589.png
    1614719351589.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 1
I figured out a way to determine how much oil I need. I put the stilleanu frozen bird in the pot and fill it with enough water to cover the bird. I mark the water level with a piece of tape on the outside of the pot. Pull the bird to thaw and drain, empty and dry the pot, and refill with oil to the tape mark. Don't forget to remove the tape or you'll never get it off.
Hippie
When your are done cooking the bird have fresh cut large potato fry strips ready to go into the hot oil, I use peanut oil myself, and man oh man them Fry's are Delicious

CRIKEY! I typed this yestiddy and neglected to hit ENTER. Jeez.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like a plan EXACTLY the same plan our resident Hunt Club turkey type guy used:

He took his boat hook and eased the turkey in there without a glitch. Turned to tell us all how easy it was, and his boat hook caught the top-heavy can and tipped the ten gallons of grease over. Beautiful explosion.

Lookit how the legs are NOT splayed out far enough. They just extend the length of the cylinder.
My cooker is like this , less likely to tip
I used it to brew some darn Great Beers
1614779019826.png
I even use my brew kettle (cut open SS beer keg, Nice Pot indeed.
1614779246798.png

Just a SS keg with top cut out and ball valve took a few mins to cut

Walt, that's why I don't entertain people while I'm doing tasks that can result in pain or destruction. First bird I fried, I even went as far as to put on a leather jacket and a welding glove on the hand closest to the pot. Didn't live 65 years by being a dummy. Well, sometimes shear luck helped out!

I have a camp stove like that but it's a propane stove not a butane one.
Mine is propane (large tank) too the black plastic screw on end piece. I would burn through quite a few smaller tanks making a batch. In the US we have 20lb tanks of propane
1614799037581.png

as well as smaller 1lb sizes
1614799066924.png

Keep your finger out of your butt ya sick bastard and stop thinking hotdogs are suppositories.
😂😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back