Best HPS bulb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hey guys 'n gals,

I tried a search on those terms and got no reply... what say you indoor growers?

What's the best one out there? Did it make a difference in yield?

Thanks!

I have not noticed a difference between an hortilux and generic bulbs. Jmo

Buy cheap switch out more often is all I do still fills pouch the same IMO

BWD

Same here...buy cheap and change often. I buy my bulbs at 1000bulbs.com.

I'm like the others--I have never found any real difference in yield between expensive and inexpensive bulbs. All bulbs lose lumens over time. I also believe the smartest thing is to buy inexpensive bulbs and change them out more often.

What about the bulbs for the lumatek digital ballast is there a cheap bulb. Lumatek high par output hps bulbs are around 100.00. Also sorry to jack your thread. Getting ready to buy a digital ballast soon. Looking at Lumatek
what thinks you?

stickywicked said:
What about the bulbs for the lumatek digital ballast is there a cheap bulb. Lumatek high par output hps bulbs are around 100.00. Also sorry to jack your thread. Getting ready to buy a digital ballast soon. Looking at Lumatek
what thinks you?

i do beleive you can get them bulbs at plantlightinghydroponics.com
for like 30-40$ dont qoute me on this but i do beleive so...

LH

hiya pot lovers! :ciao:

I applaud frugality:clap:but the lumen #'s of the better bulbs speaks for itself. I always like to put garden expenses into perspective, keeping yields in mind. :huh: Imho If a Hortilux gets me even an 1/8th oz more over the lifespan of the bulb it will easily pay for the difference in price.;)

Also some of the digital ballasts have had issues firing some bulb brands and the manufacturer recommend using specific brands with their ballasts.

Happy Growing!

Peace! :bong:

Hi DOS :ciao:

I do look for high lumens, and have found that I can find high lumen bulbs for reasonable prices. To my mind, however an eighth more does not justify a $100 bulb.

We have reached a consensus IMO.

I will swap out more often :D

Cheers,

A HPS bulb is a HPS bulb. Just like a rose is a rose. I bought inexpensive HPS bulbs ($14) and MH bulbs at 1000bulbs and they are workhorses.

ifsixwasnin9 said:
A HPS bulb is a HPS bulb. Just like a rose is a rose. I bought inexpensive HPS bulbs ($14) and MH bulbs at 1000bulbs and they are workhorses.

Love me some 1000bulbs.com.....:)

I'm trying out some PlantMax bulbs for the first time. Got both MH and HPS, they both fire up in my digiballast (hydrofarm sunburst sbe400), they're spectrum adjusted and very affordable. I can't speak to the longevity yet, but the plants really seem to be lovin' the spectrum so far.

the best bulb is prob diferent for eveybody, every setup has different demands for lighting.

I just had 2 1000 W. iPower bulbs crap out on me. I'm going Plantmax next.

Also look at hxxp.needabulb.com

They sell by the case and fast delivery.

Cheap or free. Free from some buildings I work in that are getting rid of light systems.

Latest posts

Back