Best LED for my Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icecalibur

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I currently have a 90cm x 90cm x 185cm grow tent and have used a 400w Dual Spectrum Grow Lamp alongside a 5" RUCK fan (350m3/hour) inside with no issues.

I grow 1-2 plants maximum at any one time and have recently started to look at LED lights as a replacement for my current lamp to keep the electricity bill down.

I've decided on the King Plus Lamps, but was wondering which one to go for...as I really have no idea of the temps of these LED's so not sure what would be suitable alongside my extraction fan.

Just my thoughts but the King plus 1200 I have would work fine. No heat to speak of being added to the tent also, but dependent on your climate. I had two of the 1200’s in my 121cm x 121cm tent and worked fine.

If you are currently using a 400W HID and not having any problems a 1200 King LED should work great. They do put off some heat but nothing like HID Lighting. I actually just replace my AC Unit and if it wasn't for my waiting to have the Skylights replaced I would be growing in the Summer again. Totally manageable.

Fantastic, thanks very much for the advice guys, will look into the 1200 King LED.

What do you guys think of the KING X SERIES - King X4 1200W COB LED Grow Light Module ?

Unit Farm UFO--80 is good for 1--2 plants from seeding to harvest :)

I have a 3ft x 4ft box and I use 260w worth of Quantum Boards from https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/diy! They work great and no heat. I had to heat box a little because it was too cold in there......lol I have not had any experience with KingX, except the Band......lol......rw
I see they are Cob led grow lights, I heard good things about those

Most COB LED grow lights are a bit gimmicky, imo. The ones made my Optic LED look like pretty good quality but I have not tried one. I've been using 3 California Lightworks SolarSystem 550 and they do everything that I am after.

Last edited:
I grow with Lush Lights, I had to sell my children to afford them, but they are awesome. No heat problem. you set them and never move them. But it took me years to get the lights i wanted. I started out with MH. ha.

upload_2019-1-11_17-27-16.png

lol~~share my tent with all and using the 1500W led grow lights in our tent, the price a little expensive, and so far the quality is good

Latest posts

Back