Best lights to use now......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasualGrower

Reaction score
It has been years since I last grew.... Im looking to super crop and reveg one plant.... keep a second as a mother in case the reveg fails.....Not worried about the m
other... I have 4 400 watt HPS lamps..... what is the latest thing goin on in LEDs? Found a grow box on Ebay..... Just curious.... Ill be reading.... I just thought id post first LOL

I am no expert about leds i would like to hear some opinions. I heard many growers talk about mars hydro so you might check out their latest products.

If I were to buy new LED’s, I would get the white light ones as opposed to the cheaper ‘blurple’ lights. Spider Farmer and Mars Hydro both make some popular versions of the white light LED’s and from what I see, other growers get some beautiful flowers from them. The ones that are strips of LED’s on rails look to have more even coverage but are more expensive.

BTW-the HPS lamps you have still seem to do the trick. If heat and power consumption are not a huge deal, flowering under HPS lights isn’t a bad option.

D562B905-ACEA-4B4D-BCF3-699F4653BF9B.jpeg

This is a Lemon Auto that I grew under a HOT5.

Like SubGirl, I had a successful season with the Spider brand of LED lights. They're bright enough to burn out your plants, so used under adult supervision I don't see why they couldn't be the thing for you - or use any other brand with the same specs. Good photon to watt ratio, and the scientists say it's getting still better. EZ on the electric bill. Man, that Lemon plant looks perfectly pruned. Puts my skunks to shame.

It has been years since I last grew.... Im looking to super crop and reveg one plant.... keep a second as a mother in case the reveg fails.....Not worried about the m
other... I have 4 400 watt HPS lamps..... what is the latest thing goin on in LEDs? Found a grow box on Ebay..... Just curious.... Ill be reading.... I just thought id post first LOL
I found a cheap LED to replace my 600HPS in the flower tent, and swapped one of my led flood lights out for the 400MH. Now all my grow lights are LED's and hopefully I'll save some $$$. It has already lowered the temp in the tent.
Got a lightning deal at amazon for $225.95 for a XP4000 Bloom Plus led.
1667591793621.png

Frank's Gift day 30 of flower.
1667591939374.png

1667591984033.png

Thank you guy..... Like I said been a while for me I did not know if the LEDS had caught up with the times..... Im not looking to make a living on this.... I just LOVE this plant....It a pure hobby for me...

I have 2 SF1000s. I like them for my use. I just bought the second one so I haven't tried daisy chaining them yet. You want something bigger than them. Unless, you want more than one light.
Nahhhh like I said.... This is purely a hobby for me.... I dont even partake on a normal bassis. I am looking to play with one plant and keep poon in reserve...I did this before.... I was REALLY good at it LOL...I just need a hobby and i dont like tomatoes LOL

I use the Electric Sky VS300 and the VS 180
I also have 2 HLG veg lites 100 watt

If I were to buy new LED’s, I would get the white light ones as opposed to the cheaper ‘blurple’ lights. Spider Farmer and Mars Hydro both make some popular versions of the white light LED’s and from what I see, other growers get some beautiful flowers from them. The ones that are strips of LED’s on rails look to have more even coverage but are more expensive.

BTW-the HPS lamps you have still seem to do the trick. If heat and power consumption are not a huge deal, flowering under HPS lights isn’t a bad option.
Liike I said I am brand new to all this again.... Back when I grew befiore.... I vegged under 65K CFLS..... And the red light HPS for flowering

Hey Old fogey.... I think I remember you LOL.... Yea I am not a fan of the Bluyrple lights.... I alwayaws vegged under the 65k LIGHT and flowerd under 4Kish..... numbers off... its been a while... like i have said.... II neeedd a hobby

Latest posts

Back