Best method of Flushing? What is it really?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
I dont undertsand. Is flushing when you just use plain water for watering? or is it more complicated than that? What does flushing actually involve? I ask beecause I think I might need to. What is the best way to "flush" out your plant?

omniconsum3r said:
I dont undertsand. Is flushing when you just use plain water for watering? or is it more complicated than that? What does flushing actually involve? I ask beecause I think I might need to. What is the best way to "flush" out your plant?
Flushing invloves plain water nothing else. For every gallon of soil you have to run 3 gallons of water through it. So if you have a 3 gallon pot you have to run 9 gallons of water through it. ;)

You only flush your plants when you believe you have given it too much nutes. Flushing is merely adding a lot of water to get the excess nutes out. THe best way to flush is either do what TBG said with the ratio, or run water through the plant until the water coming out of the bottom does not have a yellowish tint, making sure it is clear. Once it comes out clear, you have successfully "flushed" your plant.

oh ok..thanks for the info. So basically soaking the crap out of my soil. Isnt that like overwatering? Im pretty sure the plants leaves will go limp. So im guessing I should wait til my plants show signs of being underwatered? or should I just wait a standard week?

Latest posts

Back