Best Nutes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenfire

Reaction score
I have combed this site through and through looking for a 'Best Nute' thread or even someone saying that a certain nute is the best. I went and bought a growth stimulator, but it is not a nutrient just a stimulator. So what is the best nutes out there. Dont be afraid to tell us how ya really feel! ;)

My plants are in veg and i would really like to know of an awesome veg nute to get! Also, this might help future noobs like myself pick out a good nutrient to use and not get stuck with dying plants and a failed-before-it-began grow! :D

Greeny...

I have a friend who owns a hydro store and is the only person who's word I take as gospel as far as cultivation goes. I asked himseveral months ago what he thought the worlds best organic veg nutrient was and he told me Iguana Juice, from Advanced Nutrients
(http://www.advancednutrients.com/products.html)
I ordered some and my plants are doing great, but they were doing great before. I've only been using it about 3 weeks and I don't have any "control" plants to compare them to but like I said my friend knows his shit.

Purely a question of personal opinion and preferrence. "IMHO" there is no best brand. My personal preferrence is Fox Farms or Age Old brands. But many here prefer Advanced Nutrients and/or General Hydroponics. Some use Miracle Grow (eeeek :eek).

Hick said:
Purely a question of personal opinion and preferrence. "IMHO" there is no best brand. My personal preferrence is Fox Farms or Age Old brands. But many here prefer Advanced Nutrients and/or General Hydroponics. Some use Miracle Grow (eeeek :eek).

Has anyone here been able to debunk Advanced Nutrients guarantee? I have seen many people using FF on the board and they get good results! Seems to have a wide array of support for it on the board as well!

lol, nice hick.
Well, I promote Fox-farms as it is easy to use and it fits MJ's needs very very well. So for Newb. I recommend there trio pack as it will carry you through a full gro.
but being the hypocrit I am I use Hydro ferts in soil. I use Dyna grow for veg. and Gen. Hydro for flower. I stick with one part mixes as I am lazy as hell. Along with a couple of extra things. ;)

ps a little to add to there comments on personal prefferences of nutes and soil . if you go to 6 different greenhouses or nurseries they will more than likely sell different nutes and different soils and tell you hey this is the best. it is what we use. so what do you do .which 1 do you pick .foxfarms,blackgold,promix,baccto,primepro, well my choice today was all of the above 1 of these days when they make it legal they will sell a nute and soil just for marijuana .

Mutt said:
lol, nice hick.
Well, I promote Fox-farms as it is easy to use and it fits MJ's needs very very well. So for Newb. I recommend there trio pack as it will carry you through a full gro.
but being the hypocrit I am I use Hydro ferts in soil. I use Dyna grow for veg. and Gen. Hydro for flower. I stick with one part mixes as I am lazy as hell. Along with a couple of extra things. ;)

trio-pack? Does this mean you get 3 full bottles or that they food comes in a 3-part? I looked on http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com for a 'trio-pack', as newb as i am, and i found nothing. Just seeing what you mean by it! :D

Greeny

I use fox farms 4 pack by adding three pack to Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil

I use General Hydroponics 1-part Flora Grow for veg and Flora Bloom for flower...it is inexpensive at $20 per bottle and lasts a long time, only 2 tsp per gallon of H20 at full strength...I have had great success with it and the MJ plants seem to like it a lot...It is a Hydro fert but I use it in soil (Fox Farm Ocean and Forest Soil), I also add Botanicare's Liquid Karma which adds a mixture of trace elements not normally found in standard nutes...This is a very easy system to use, just make sure you buy a PH up and PH Down kit that includes the PH testing drops so you can adjust your water or you nute PH before you use....Peace Out and GG

Alright, so i took a trip to the local hyrdo store. I was lookin for FF-trio, but they dont carry that line. I ended up getting General Hydro FloraNova Growth. Does anyone have any experience with this nute, maybe tell your recommendations for mixtures. Right now i am doing 1/4tsp per gallon, didnt want to give it to them too strong! The recommendation for seedlings and stuff is 1/2tsp per gallon, just thought i would play it safe. Still anyone with experience with this nute, any adviceu could give would be appreciated!

Greeny

Green, As I said in my last post...this is what I use, and it works well. You definitely want to start slow. I dont start feeding nutes until week 2 or 3 (I use FF Ocean and Forest soil which provides adequate nutrients for young plants) and then start out using a super diluted mixture . I make a gallon of H2O using 2 tsp of the nutes and when I start out feeding I will use maybe 2 ounces of nutrient mix diluted into every 8 ounces of PH adjusted water...so yeah 1/4 strength. I will then increase the amount of nutrient mixture used each time I water until I get to roughly 3/4 strength and then keep it at that for the remainder of the grow. I personally mix in fresh H2O only feedings every 3 waterings. IMHO the biggest thing is to pay attention to your plants, start slow, and make sure you are always PH adjusting your mix and water...It is much easier to increase gradually rather then have to decrease beacause of nute burn and then have to deal with that...Good Luck with your grow...Peace Out

Latest posts

Back