Best portable dry herb vaporizer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frances9696

Reaction score
Several months ago my doctor recommended me using medical marijuana as I have some problems with health. The best way of using for me is a dry herb vaporizer. Now I want to find the most compact and convenient for me. I found some articles on the internet ( on VapingDaily there are a lot of useful facts ). But I want to know the mind or experience of users. If you have what to say, I wait for your advice.

I have a V-2 pro series 7. It's small, about 4 inches in length and 1 inch around. I like it pretty well. It's the only one I've everr had so I have no comparison.

I own 40 or 50 vaporizers and there are several different classifications. And, they all serve somewhat different needs.

Overall, for portability, price, performance and great customer service I would recommend the Fury2 by HealthyRips.com.

If you wanted something a little bigger, the Fierce by the same company will be out later this month.

If you can afford it, the Mighty and the Crafty by Storz and Bikel are very nice.

Dry herb vapes have come a long way. I would stay away from old technology and off-brands.

If you are in the US, check out puffitup.com. They have a decent selection. You can review prices and features. And, if you decide to buy one, PUFFEDUP is good for 15% off many brands (but not all).

I have become very familiar with vaping in the past year and have purchased about a grand worth of vapes to find the right ones.

For super-portablilty, butane vapes like the VapCap and the Vaponic arepretty neat. Totally different game than battery powered vapes.

Dosing capsules, WPA (bong adapters) long stems, short stems, etc. Lots of options. Please feel free to ask questions. I'm no expert but I have a lot of recent experience.

I have cut my consumption just about in half since I have started vaping. I still smoke some but I'm about 50/50 now.

Welcome to the world of non-combustion

I found that I don't have to vape as much as when I smoked, I wasn't sure If I was the only one or not. It sure saves on the pocket book. I'm gonna have to look into some of those, thanks H....:D

I have tried a few.. my favorite for ease of cleaning and use is the Firefly 2. Has an app that goes with it.. once you learn the technique of how it works it gives nice hits. Good little unit. Although a little pricey.. ( any good one is) ..you get what you pay for.

My personal favourites are The Mighty by Storz & Bickel, expensive and a little big but very reliable, produces good vapor and closest portable I have had to hitting a joint. Also my Grasshopper is a mainstay. Great for quick rips, so flavoursome, connects to a waterpipe and very discreet!

I just recently purchased the Zeus Arc GT. It's a new model that's out and so far so good I think it performs well.

My personal favourites are The Mighty by Storz & Bickel, expensive and a little big but very reliable, produces good vapor and closest portable I have had to hitting a joint. Also my Grasshopper is a mainstay. Great for quick rips, so flavoursome, connects to a waterpipe and very discreet!
I second Storz and Bickel, They are the best hands down!

My local vape shop talked highly about PAX 3 model, and I looked up how it works on youtube. It is a bit pricy, but I was certainly impressed with the looks of the features. Check out the short video here:
And you can get an attachment for a water pipe for it as well.

Over many years I have had several vaporizers, Pax, AirVape, Firefly, to name a few. My go to vape in the house is an Arizer Solo II. I gives a rich flavor, the charge lasts over two hours, and can be used when plugged in.
The Out and about the Arizer Argo the best I have found. Small and stealth It uses a 18650 battery which is easily changed when it runs down. Both vaporizers use glass tubes a with builtin screen, which can be pre loaded. The taste is as good or better then the Firefly. Cleaning is simple and easy just soak the tubes in alcohol. The only downside is the glass tubes which are fragile but they are easily replaced at a reasonable price. I have extras and preload them with different strains. Pre loading is wonderful when out in the weather just exchange tubes.
The Arizer site often has the best prices.

Last edited:
Over many years I have had several vaporizers, Pax, AirVape, Firefly, to name a few. My go to vape in the house is an Arizer Solo II. I gives a rich flavor, the charge lasts over two hours, and can be used when plugged in.
The Out and about the Arizer Argo the best I have found. Small and stealth It uses a 18650 battery which is easily changed when it runs down. Both vaporizers use glass tubes a with builtin screen, which can be pre loaded. The taste is as good or better then the Firefly. Cleaning is simple and easy just soak the tubes in alcohol. The only downside is the glass tubes which are fragile but they are easily replaced at a reasonable price. I have extras and preload them with different strains. Pre loading is wonderful when out in the weather just exchange tubes.
The Arizer site often has the best prices.

I'll second the Arizer solo II as a great dry herb vape for around the house. Big enough to share with friends, good taste, easy to keep clean. Changing over from joints largely because the vapes are more efficient and less obnoxious.

I also have similar problems. The doctor recommended that I use medical marijuana. For a very long time, I smoked marijuana in different ways and it was ineffective. Six months ago, I switched to smoking marijuana through vape and the result became noticeable. In a short time, I felt the result and I felt much better.

Have used the Solo for 6 years. Loved it, but bought the Solo 2 as I liked the improvements. After using the Solo 2 for over a year, I love it even more. Also have several other vapes. The Solo 2 is the best one out there, IMHO.

What is the principle of smoking cannabis through vape?

There are different methods of vaping, one is similar to vaping nicotine, where you have basically a cannabis infused oil that is put into a cart, (cartridge), and vaporized that way, (by introducing heat, obviously). Then there are vapes that will work with extracts/rosin, then there are those that use dry herb, (my favorite). Some can vape dry herb and/or extracts/rosin. In a vape that uses dry herb the product is being heated and the resin glands, (trichomes), are turned into a vapor when hot enough and that's what is being inhaled. For sure the cleanest way to "smoke".

I used some Arizer products when I first started trying to vape and I was real happy with them for a long time but, after I tried using the Mighty by Storz & Bickel I realized there is a night and day difference. When I tried going back to bags with my Arizer desktop unit what I had thought tasted so good tasted awful to me now.

Last edited:
The Arizer product that I be referring to does not use a bag, only a glass mouthpiece. Never did understand how smoke or vapor could retain good flavor from beginning to end. I use the Arizer Solo II.

The Arizer product that I be referring to does not use a bag, only a glass mouthpiece. Never did understand how smoke or vapor could retain good flavor from beginning to end. I use the Arizer Solo II.
how is solo 2 better than solo 1?

The main difference I find is in the control buttons. The Solo II's are much more resistant to being accidently pushed, changing the settings. It is slightly smaller also.

Latest posts

Back