Best Pot Book Authors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
There are too many to list in a poll, so post your favs here.

Ed Rosenthal. I have more books by him than I can count, including both editions of Closet Cultivator and all three Big Book of Buds books.

Mel Frank, who inspired me to build greenhouses.

Brownie Mary, a good friend of mine to whom I always gave cooking shake. RIP. :(

Hans, author of Sea of Green.

I believe Mel Frank's was one of the first books I picked up, it was aiighht but was a bit outdated for even 14 yrs ago ...lol..lt still got me going down the right path tho, so...

matter of fact here's a link to a copy of an "updated" version for all who'd like to peruse....

hMPp://www.scribd.com/doc/2601784/THE-MARIJUANA-GROWERS-GUIDE-by-Mel-Frank-Ed-Rosenthal

Clarke's Marijuana Botany hands down.....kinda dry but loaded with actual info and not opinions like some of the other books.

I like the Marijuana Horticulture, The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes. Covers indoor, outdoor and Harvest. It has over 1120 color photos. It covers everything from molasses to over crowding electrical sockets, water pumps to exhaust systems, cloning to seeding. Great all round book. Color coded pages as to what you want to get to as a quick reference. It also has a great trouble shooting section for diagnosing problems in live plants.

im with Hammy and tc both books were the first and second i bought

I have the "Garden Saver" by J.C.Stitch (Edited by Ed Rosenthal) and Ed's Marijuana Growers Handbook, but Clarks Marijuana Botany is in my cart on Amazon, ordering it friday.

I bought Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Guide in the early 80s when I started growing. I bought Ed's Closet Cultivator many moons ago when I started growing in a closet. I haven't purchased a book since the internet because such a great resource. Besides in the intervening years, I found found many people on forums that know more than some of those writing books.

I still have the Marijuana Grower's Guide. Don't know what happened to the other one.

Latest posts

Back