Best state to live in regarding growing your own cannabis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
So, the U.S. map has been good to most of us. Lots of states are making it recreationally legal to grow your own medicine.
I unfortunately do not yet live in one of those states. My fear is I will move to one of those states, and my current state will start to allow recreational use shortly after I move, and I will kick myself for not waiting.
Now, just like we all have in common, we love to grow. I would not determine which state to move to in regards to making money off growing cannabis, but I would at least like to have the option to not just grow for myself, but be compensated if I chose to do so. They say, it's not work if you love what you do, lol.
What top 2 states would you choose and why?
And, no, I have lived in the south most my life, so Texas and New Mexico are out of the question. LOL.

Colorado has been good to me

i once had a legal plant count for 99 plants and my doctors recommendation approved me to transport up to 2 lbs anywhere in the state

i dropped my card after retirement so i do not know what the rules are anymore

Yup, Lemon Betty is some good smoke. I have had it in my stable longer than anything I am currently growing. I love me some Bob Marley and Legend is one of my all time fav's

You should have seen the look on my parents face when I went back home one Christmas and played it for them.....I though they were gonna kick me out of the house. Not a racist bone in their body.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the best but Kansas is the worst...I an afraid to go there. I went back on family business a couple years back and a cop followed me for over 15 minutes. They don't like Colorado license plates there. When I moved to Colorado in 1973 I was only a couple of steps ahead of LEO. Took a deep breath when I got out of that redneck state.

Well I'm not sure they get much more redneck then Texas and I've had only one problem with weed and cops and that's due to a snitch ass ***** thinking she was doing gods work.😡

I hear you but with Colorado plates I was a target....no place to hide. Cops there think anyone from Colorado smoke's pot.... can't imagine why they think that way......
That’s what I think when I see those plates too. I’ll bet it’s kinda freaky in some states driving around for sure

It's nice to see you posting again, have you tried to grow anymore cannabis plants since?
I need to order seeds. I guess I will go with white widows again since they are compact and easy. I'm taking a chance, but I have decided to send cash to Weedseeds Express. They advise that it is very safe and they have had no issues with it getting lost.

I need to order seeds. I guess I will go with white widows again since they are compact and easy. I'm taking a chance, but I have decided to send cash to Weedseeds Express. They advise that it is very safe and they have had no issues with it getting lost.
I bet that will be fine , Good Luck
Everyone will be here to help you I am sure.

Latest posts

Back