Best state to live in regarding growing your own cannabis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in Virginia. I keep a low profile grow tho even if we are a legal state. We can have 4 plants here. Certain rules apply of course but I know a lot of folks that grow outside in my area and haven’t heard of any problems yet. Of course some make their own trouble…
I am not familiar with the area at all. I am looking for 20 plus acres in the woods but not too far from town. I want to purchase land now to build on later. Can you refer me to good locations?

Virginia has a lot to offer Beach, mountains, countryside, city. It would depend on what style you are looking for. I live near the beach. Not much acreage for cheap here at the beach but there is some not to far in more agriculture areas around me.

Only medical is legal in OK, despite popular belief. With a medical card you can have 6 plants. But of course, you are registered and laws can change.

They have a bill right now to go recreational. Hope it passes because I work there a lot.😁
It didn't pass...

2022–2023 legalization initiative​

Oklahoma State Question 820 was a voter initiative to legalize adult purchasing, possession and consumption of cannabis in Oklahoma, but it was rejected by the majority of voters after appearing as the only statewide issue on the ballot in a March 7, 2023 special election.[19][20] It would have placed the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority in charge of business regulation.

Well fk. That's the second time it's failed I believe. That's crazy. They have dispensaries everywhere. Soon as I cross the Red River leaving Texas on my way to OKC there is one on the left hand side of the highway. I mean they are everywhere.

Virginia has a lot to offer Beach, mountains, countryside, city. It would depend on what style you are looking for. I live near the beach. Not much acreage for cheap here at the beach but there is some not to far in more agriculture areas around me.
Looking for something in the mountains, lots of acerage.

In Massachusetts,(@Ganjier - not southern nor warm) we can have 12 plants per household. Recreational is legal so no card needed or the specter of the govt knowing what you are doing. Plus, there are dispensaries it seems on every corner. Last time I looked, I believe it cost about $5k a year in licensing to be considered to be allowed to sell to a dispensary. Of course, then you are on ‘the list’ with all the drawbacks associated with that. And real estate is CRAZY here.

1678886606643.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In Massachusetts,(@Ganjier - not southern nor warm) we can have 12 plants per household. Recreational is legal so no card needed or the specter of the govt knowing what you are doing. Plus, there are dispensaries it seems on every corner. Last time I looked, I believe it cost about $5k a year in licensing to be considered to be allowed to sell to a dispensary. Of course, then you are on ‘the list’ with all the drawbacks associated with that. And real estate is CRAZY here.
I lived on the cape as a kid theres no large land out there though right?

Latest posts

Back