best t5 tubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk

Reaction score
im looking for some t5 tubes for flower for a micro grow(i know a hps would be better etc but im using these this time atleast). was looking for warm white but found some "very warm white" 2700k tubes. which would be best?

cheers

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:
im looking for some t5 tubes for flower for a micro grow(i know a hps would be better etc but im using these this time atleast). was looking for warm white but found some "very warm white" 2700k tubes. which would be best?

cheers
I have read that the 2700K is better for flowering, than the 3000K.
But I do not have personal experience with it.

HomieHogleg

HomieHogleg said:
I have read that the 2700K is better for flowering, than the 3000K.
But I do not have personal experience with it.

HomieHogleg

good stuff, so far cant find any 3000k ones anyway so would be nice if they were better.

Yes, I think the 2700 is at least just as good as the 3000k bulbs. They probablyt wouldn't have a noticable difference either way. :)

2700k for flower and 6500k for veg. based off the plants need from the light spectrum

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:

cheers

HTG sells 3000K T5 tubes. Do you already have the T5 fixture? How big is your space?

The Hemp Goddess said:
HTG sells 3000K T5 tubes. Do you already have the T5 fixture? How big is your space?

hey, yeh i have 10 24 watt HO ones. ill probabaly get a hps and use it in a wardrobe thats a bit bigger for flower next time, and use those t5s for veg in the future but for now just want to see the results. i have about 20,000lumens in that 4x2x2 vivarium.

have found another place too thats sells both now ill see which is cheaper/better delivery.
is there any advantage in the 3000 or 2700k? or with mixing and maatching the 6000k ones with either, enough fixtures anyway just a thought.

If your fixture is a true HO T5 use should use the 54W especially if you only have a 4' 4 tube fixture. I am just about finished with a indoor grow using 2 of those cheap $15 white reflector fixtures from Walmart that take 2 T8 tubes each I vegged to 18-20 inches with 6500K daylight for 18hours on and 6 hours off then switched to Kitchen and Bath 3000K for 12 on 12 off period talk about maybe a few dollars difference in my electric bill But I am going to use my new T5 4' 4tube fixture waiting for a 8 pack of mixed grow and bloom bulbs from HTG that cost me $32 + $14 shipping

Latest posts

Back