? best time to first feed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojomon

Reaction score
On my second grow, and last time I added my nutes too early and almost burned them up. As the photos indicate, they have just started to lift up and develop their first tiny leaves, and so far have only been sitting in the NFT trays with the pump running distilled 5-6 pH water through.

I plan on using the same two nutes as last time, as I have quite a bit left over from last year's grow. I have GH Maxigro (10-5-14) for veg, and Maxibloom (5-15-14) for flower. Thought I would keep it simple since my res is only a little less than 5 gal.

Any recommendations on when/how much to begin with? I welcome any feedback, thanks--
mOjO

sprouts 006.jpg

sprouts 007.jpg

sprouts 008.jpg

sprouts 010.jpg

I wait 2-3 weeks into veg. You can kinda tell when they are asking for nutes

Thanks Rock---I was going to guesstimate on about that amount of time if I had'nt heard from anyone soon--

mojo...NOT a waterfarmer, but I look for fadeing/yellowing of the cotyldons to administer the first nutes in dirt.

what are cotyldons hick? If that means the leaf, and if thats so, one of my plants, a week away from choppin is cryin for nutes.....still flushin with water......I want to try this no nute for 3 weeks method on my white ruskie sprouts, which i have been doin. do you know if white russians have fert probs?

bong...
best time to first feed
"cotyledons" are the very first round leaves that emerge from the seed.

Thanks Hick--I'm at just about one week or so since sprout, and the cotyledons are still a healthy green. I will watch them and wait for their signal, or just add a little nute snack after two or so weeks if I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for the help, all--
Mo:D

Latest posts

Back