Best time to start flushing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparda

Reaction score
I've read a few things on flushing, some say they don't do it at all (to be honest I don't really want to leave the taste of nutes lol) some say a week and some say two. But what's the best way to know, I know it all comes down to experience with the strain you're growing ect but are there any indicaters other than general experience?

I'm almost at 7 weeks of flowering and the triches are all cloudy, no ambers yet. How long do most people flush for before harvisting and at what stage do you start flushing? I know again, it all comes down to the type of high you want I'm mainly just curious as to what kind of indicaters people use to say to themselves "ok it's time to start flushing now".

I just don't want to flush it out too early, but I also don't want to leave it too late.

I don't flush......I cut off feed for the last 10 days or so and just water with plain water no nutes. You will probably get many different answers as this is something that comes with personal experience. Jmo

I dont flush, last 2 waterings are str8 water, you wont taste nutes in my buds.

No flush here also. No nute taste, just dank.

I use dead fish in the bottom of my buckets on the OD, never tastes like fish;)

Haha alright then maybe I'm wrong on the whole flushing thing. I'll trust you all and just not worry over it :rolleyes:

really you should do what you want but with holding nutes for 2 waterings and flushing arent the same thing.

do you have more than one plant? if so flush half of them and not the other, see what you think.

Take a sample bud, speed dry it, smoke it, if ya can taste nutes, flush, if not, carry on feeding!

Someone told me this on my first harvest, as a result I never flushed or gave plain water feed.

Peace W

WoodyPheonix said:
Take a sample bud, speed dry it, smoke it, if ya can taste nutes, flush, if not, carry on feeding!

Someone told me this on my first harvest, as a result I never flushed or gave plain water feed.

Peace W

Sorry, but IMO this is not the best way to judge. Bud needs a good cure to bring out the best taste--no bud picked and quick dried is going to give you a good idea of what it will taste like after a good cure.

I also am one who does not flush (my plants that is). And my bud does not taste like nutes.

dman1234 said:
oh fun, potty talk.

if its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down.

:yeahthat::goodposting:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I also am one who does not flush (my plants that is).

Lol....thanks for the chuckle and the grin....that was funny.

Since switching to more organic grows I haven't "flushed", just straight water the last two three feeds. However, before I switched to organic, I'd flush the last two weeks. I'd run clean water every couple days until the drainage water was clear. I'd use something like Clearex as a first flush, then straight water from there.

I only flush if over fed. I'm real good at flushing my third dimension plant. That thing just doesnt like nutes.

I feed through the end.

:yeahthat:
dman1234 said:
really you should do what you want but with holding nutes for 2 waterings and flushing arent the same thing.

:yeahthat: do you have more than one plant? if so flush half of them and not the other, see what you think.
I do the same. I call it flushing but its really not. I have done it both ways fairly recently and found that I couldn't tell any difference in taste. But I like the idea of letting the plants use up the last of the nutes in the rez before harvesting. I say no more than 5 days, and like Dman said do one one way and do the other one the other. After its done curing, have someone bring yu a bud without telling yu which is which and see if yu can tell the difference:hubba: :cool:

Its SO nice to come to a board with knowledgeable people that know flushing is mostly a myth (unless doing it to cure a problem). I can not tell you how many arguments i got into on a another forum, and their arguments were so bad, kinda like the people that argue against pot, and their reasons are the "propaganda" answers that have been attached to MJ since the 40's. And I always advise people try it for themselves. Flush some, don't flush others, but dry and cure them all properly and find out if flushing is necessary.

Anyway, my hats off to you fine folks here at MP. It is good to be around folks with knowledge. :)

Glad you joined us PeaceLuvPot.

There are still some heated debates about the whole flushing thing, but we're slowly making progress.

@HempGoddess- I am not going to comment on your post.

PeaceLuvPot said:
Its SO nice to come to a board with knowledgeable people that know flushing is mostly a myth (unless doing it to cure a problem). I can not tell you how many arguments i got into on a another forum, and their arguments were so bad, kinda like the people that argue against pot, and their reasons are the "propaganda" answers that have been attached to MJ since the 40's. And I always advise people try it for themselves. Flush some, don't flush others, but dry and cure them all properly and find out if flushing is necessary.

Anyway, my hats off to you fine folks here at MP. It is good to be around folks with knowledge. :)

Well you seem like the kinda folk we like around here so it is a good fit then....;) This place is like the Mythbusters of the Canna world.....:D

No flushing here, I don't withhold food either...but am organic (kinda LOL), so might make a difference??

Latest posts

Back