Best way to go about this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddalishis

Reaction score
Whats up guys, been reading around here for a while now. I posted in the introduce yourself. I got a question ive been pondering for a couple weeks now.

Im looking forward to my upcoming grow(#3) Im currently growing 3 bubbalicious plants that are 5 weeks away from harvest. I have 2 clone mothers that are about 14" tall right now with plenty of availble cuttings. Im gonna continue to grow the mothers out for the next 2 months.

With my next grow, I will have 2 1k watt MH lights with HPS conversion bulbs for the flowering stage. My main question is for max yeild would you suggest more smaller plants in smaller pots? Or less bigger plants in bigger pots?
I have plenty of room at my disposal, 13'x15'x8' tall, This will be a soil grow(havent gotten into hydro yet)

Just looking for what you guys would do with this setup

Sounds like a really decent setup you have so far. If you want the best yeild in the shortest time your better with 4 plants a square foot. Take the clones and when there just nicely growing, say about 1 week after rooting. I'd flower them and there wi'll be colla buds every where. I've tried some plants in 6"x6"x12" pots with this method and had just over a 1/4 ounce a plant using NL and Afghani.

If each light covered a 5' x 5' area you could get 100 plants under each light, and ideally a 25 ounces from each light in about 3 months. The problem with this is getting caught with that many plants the DEA looks at each one being $500, and to water and feed them would take some decent time. But it has been done before. There used to be a member on the old overgrow.com site that did this on a consistant bases.

Hope this helps

the problem with getting 100 plants under each light would be, i dont think the 2 clone mothers could give me 100 clones each and survive

And im hoping I could do better than 50 ounces with both lights

I veg my clones 3 weeks... one as seedlings/clones... 2 with nutes.. then i switch to 12/12 and get ~550 grams consistantly... under one 1000w hps.
so thas... around 20 ounces... if a person was to veg longer you could get astronomically bigger values.

I plan on veggin 7-8 weeks after clones root, What should i expect for a yeild per 1k light?

I think im gonna do 25 plants under each 1k light, in 5 gallon buckets

4 plants per square foot? If you want a decent sized plant to have enough room to do it's thing you need 1 per foot.

My advice would be to do some larger ones, veg. the hell out of them, top the hell out of them and give them plenty or room to throw roots, you'll wind up with a bunch of tops that get fed plenty of light instead of trying to cram an unrealistic amount plants under each light.

25 plants in buckets will be pushing it. A 1000W is good for about 10'x10' (at the very best, less is better, I run 2000W over 4'x8'). A bucket takes up almost a square foot by itself.

20 ounces a light is not bad at all. Most people are happy to get 16 per light per run. 50 ounces from 2 lights, while not impossible, is a rather lofty outlook, IMHO.

Even after vegging clones for 2 months, and 5 gallons of room for roots, you still think i can only pull 50oz from 2 lights?

vegging clones for 2 months in hydro w/ 200watts would produce more then 50 ounces imho. 4x4 is best for one light... so like biff said... 1 foot apart.. 4x8 for 2 lights.

WoW!!...I think I have an opinion here...
a 1K, about 110,000 lumens
minimum requirements, 3,000 lumens p/sq/ft (approx. 35 watts p.sq/ft)
"approximately" 30 sq.ft...or 6'x5'...now "that" is minimum
a more adequate/satisfactory amount would be 4,500-5,000 lum.p/sq/ft.. (50 watts p. sq/ft)
or 20 sq.ft(4'x5') ....other than that, I'm with biff' here. Fewer plants, trained. Plant count is always a factor in prosecution.

1 gram per watt is considered excellent yeild.

It doesn't matter if it's hydro or soil, the light is only going to work for the same amount of space efficiently.

Hick said:
Plant count is always a factor in prosecution.

That right there is why I'm freakin right now.:eek: Started my current grow lookin for a couple of moms. But I know after sexing my plant count will be cut in half. 1 month of pins and needles.:(

Does bring up the question. Do unrooted or barely rooted clones count as a living plant?
I'll only be flowering six at a time. and 3 mothers. tops. Like to keep my count below ten.

Right now I'm running 16 plants and 3 unrooted clones. So I am uncomfortable with my count as of right now.

Aight thanks guys for the input,

I guess my main goal was to get 2 oz per plant, i have 3 bubbalicious right now, under a 400 hps and from the looks of the buds 5 weeks in i think ill get 2 oz per plant off these if not more

So lets cut it down to 20 plants a light,in 5 gallon buckets, how long would i have to veg to get close to 2oz a plant? or at least an estimate

U know 2 ounces is ~56 grams rite? thas a lot of bud when dried from one plant... u'll have to veg for a while.

Yes I do know what 2oz are, my 1st grow i got 40 grams per plant vegging from seed for 8 weeks with no ferts or any idea what i was doin for the first 6weeks, now that i know what im doin im setting my goal a little higher

Oh, well thas awesome.. I've never vegged over 2 weeks... cept mothers... which i always end up flowering soon neways....
I've always wanted to veg one plant under one light like one of my friends does.... But i always feel the need to flower.... however 2lbs from a plant would be nice to have... just can't wait long enough for me!

..the drawback to tall/large indoor plants is light penetration. Artificial lights lose itensity pretty quickly as the distance from the source to the plants increase.

c/p
" For (artificial) light, there is a law that always applies known as the Inverse Square Law. It states that light diminishes exponentially in energy as the distance is increased from the source. A good example is that you might be getting 1000 PAR Watts at 4" from your light source, but that would change to 250 PAR Watts at double the distance (8"). This law makes it EXTREMELY important for indoor plant growers to get their light source as close as possible to their plants. The amount of light your plant receives is directly related to it's yield/flower density.".......Lighting FAQs"

Latest posts

Back