Better late than never!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie7

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am dug

So finally I am going to give home grow a kick start. Kick start because space and budget is not an issue but the climate and no experience whatsoever is one big problem haha!

So i have made a 7Wx4Dx8H ft. Grow room which also has a six inch opening at the bottom for better circulation. Now this grow room is within a big bathroom with lot of height so for say if the enclosure height ends at 8ft it still has another 4ft before it reaches the top of the bathroom. Also right above is a glass opening so there is ample of sunlight (not direct) throughout the day! It is already white inside out but I am still putting the reflectors inside. Now it will also get a air conditioner right on the above wall. Also have 2 small fans for circulation and the bathroom itself has 2 exhausts. Now I don’t know if it will be able to cool the whole area as the capacity is small compared to the area but it will surely cool down the grow room. I am going to put in a 200wt full spectrum as well.

Now for the medium I have decided to go for dwc as it looks easier to me to maintain. I have little doubt on this setup as we don’t get 5gallon single bucket and all here and difficult to assemble as well. So I have got a 2.5ft rectangular planter on which I have a wooden top with 2inch (I wanted 3inch but didn’t get) pots. Now is this alright? I am only going to plant 2 seeds in this setup as the size I doubt is small. Also because of this I have called for strains that don’t grow huge. I have got one AUTO PURPLE DIESEL and one AUTO STRAWBERRY GUM. Any tips there? I am just a little confused on how much to fill the reservoir like till what level? And when to top up and with what? Please help here!

Now that’s that. My main concern is the climate! Here where I live it goes up to 45 degrees! I do have a air conditioner in place though! Should I cover the glass opening for heat insulation and just run on 200w LED? Also is LST necessary? One last thing, after germination can I directly put it in the hydroponic system instead of growing it in coco peat? I just hope this hydroponic setup is alright for my strain size! Thanks everyone and I just had to put everything out all there at once :)

Love&Peace

Attachments

• 475E7730-AE93-4E13-AC3C-A37E58424C76.jpeg
    475E7730-AE93-4E13-AC3C-A37E58424C76.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 05C223A5-768A-4FD8-8407-A35E140CCA15.jpeg
    05C223A5-768A-4FD8-8407-A35E140CCA15.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 72D976DD-BE94-41AB-9117-C982F387F1A9.jpeg
    72D976DD-BE94-41AB-9117-C982F387F1A9.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 936B035E-949E-409F-86CC-4686FAAD145A.jpeg
    936B035E-949E-409F-86CC-4686FAAD145A.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 4D0234EC-CE58-4724-8EAE-9DDD984763AD.png
    4D0234EC-CE58-4724-8EAE-9DDD984763AD.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 17
  • CEA5DD56-054D-411C-84B9-00185000E748.png
    CEA5DD56-054D-411C-84B9-00185000E748.png
    193.8 KB · Views: 18
200w led could be a bit light on ( pardon the pun ) for the space

7-- Welcome to MP !- I was following U right up until Autos !
I'm root sprayer (aeropoonics)- I've never Heard of anyone running autos in water - Mostly they plant them in the container where they will finish !- I run a continuous grow of mostly Indicas and all photos -- I'm a cloner and I can't clone autos so they of no use to me !- Sounds like a good way to get some experience but with autos dirt might be best ? I use these big totes and use a pump with a spray manifold on top of it to spray my nute water straight up at the bottom of the plants -'it falls back down for another trip -
Good luck with your grow !

Hey Crocket !-- What's up Cuz ?
1000 watts per square meter ?

I'm root sprayer (aeropoonics)- I've never Heard of anyone running autos in water - Mostly they plant them in the container where they will finish !- I run a continuous grow of mostly Indicas and all photos -- I'm a cloner and I can't clone autos don't get of no use to me !- Sounds like a good way to get some experience but with autos dirt might be best !- I use these big totes and use a pump with a spray manifold on top of it tobspray my nute water straight up at
Bottom of the plants it falls back down for another trip -

Gday Keef just stopped for lunch thought id drop in for a look , be getting into late night over there, early arvo here couple more hrs to knock off then Friday night drinks yeh , 1000 watts enough

Crocket -'Thursday night coming up on midnight here !
20191026_151951.jpg
7 -- This is what I do !

I'm root sprayer (aeropoonics)- I've never Heard of anyone running autos in water - Mostly they plant them in the container where they will finish !- I run a continuous grow of mostly Indicas and all photos -- I'm a cloner and I can't clone autos so they of no use to me !- Sounds like a good way to get some experience but with autos dirt might be best ? I use these big totes and use a pump with a spray manifold on top of it to spray my nute water straight up at the bottom of the plants -'it falls back down for another trip -

Hey Keef thanks for the response! I never got to read anything about not growing autos in hydroponic? In fact I got to read good reviews about it. After germination I might just directly put in in the final hydroponic pot. Thanks :)

7 - I'm sure it can be done - I've just never bumped into anyone running autos in water !- I've never ran autos so I'm probably not the one to help U !-- Red Eyes runs some autos he'll probably be around soon ?

Hi Newbie#7.

With a name like that, you might be ready to appreciate the advantages of cloning soon. For me, the hassle and cost of seeds isn't worth it when I can plan ahead a little bit and have free clones. Clones are faster to start, too.

But for getting a crop to harvest quickly, autos win.

I'm building a Keef set up when daylight hits today. I keep putting it off.

Last edited:
Gday Newbie
show and tell , wicked , NFT system 2 weeks into 12/12
outside
i
IMG_8610 (2).JPG

dry.JPG
wet.JPG

inside

I think my foray into defoliation makes the Agent Orange spraying ‘back in Nam’ look tame. I over did things a bit...

Can 2inch pots for dwc in big reservoir work with auto? Please help

Latest posts

Back