Bigger Buds 400w 0r 600w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamez

Reaction score
Will a 600 watt hps light bulb give you bigger buds than a 400 watt hps
Or is that it just covers a larger area.

More watts = more lumens = more bud faster

thats very true, but you must also consider your grow area size too...

1000w in a 2x2....yikes!

1000w in a 4x4 sounds better and less of a fire hazard... but enclosed... i still woudln't use it like that.

1000w in a 4x4? Wow, guess it depends on your space. I use a 400w. What is the size of your grow area?

KADE said:
More watts = more lumens = more bud faster

To a point. Anything above 6,000 lumens per/sq.ft. is a waste of time. MJ can't use it. Some can only use 5,000 lumens.

Sizing the light to the area of the crop canopy is necessary for two reasons.

1. Ensuring that the plants are recieving as much light as they can use.

2. Not using more light than can be used and wasting money on the lights and the electric bill.

AeroTX said:
1000w in a 4x4? Wow, guess it depends on your space. I use a 400w. What is the size of your grow area?

I'm saying thas how big u need minimum.. Unless u have a 4x3 area reflector. I said that I would still have more area around it so u dont burn ur house down.

Either way... I have a 8" vortex on my exhaust.. so heat isn't a problem.

My original grow area was like... 20x8 or so... since winter is coming n things r getting cooler I'm gearing up a new room in a heated environment.

Well, that should warm up a bit... watch your temps!

rockydog said:
I will be using 600w in a 3.5 x 3.5.
How many lumens does the light you intend to use put out? The amount of lumens varies with every type of bulb. What is the amount that the actual bulb you're going to use puts out?

My area is about 3.5 x 3.5 x 5, twice one for veg one for flower. Is 5 feet long by the way, not high. I have a realy good extraction system. My temp sits around 27 celcius.

Latest posts

Back