bigs outdoor grow 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just an amazing plant big Wow!

the last 10 years or so have been pretty much like the photos of last year , yeah , the chickens **** all day but not right on the plants roots and not all of them….they spread it all around..

and then there is the **** I get when I clean out the hen house in the spring and then again in late fall

all that manure has been somewhat aged and it gets spread all over the big garden and tilled in

for the last 8 years anyway

everywhere I dig in the big garden I also find worms

so yeah , if it works we ain’t fixing it

My guess is the chicken manure isn’t concentrated enough to burn your plants @bigsur51. It looks like you have a pretty large garden so you get the benefit of the nutrients and microbes from the chicken as it slowly leaches into your soil. Birds **** everywhere in my yard(we have hundreds of birds visit our 4 feeders and 4 suet cages) and my polyculture lawn(unlike @pute ’s fairways) grows like, uh, a weed…

the last 10 years or so have been pretty much like the photos of last year , yeah , the chickens **** all day but not right on the plants roots and not all of them….they spread it all around..

and then there is the **** I get when I clean out the hen house in the spring and then again in late fall

all that manure has been somewhat aged and it gets spread all over the big garden and tilled in

for the last 8 years anyway

everywhere I dig in the big garden I also find worms

so yeah , if it works we ain’t fixing it
Worms like coffee grounds too. I toss my grounds onto my lawn(much to Mrs Fogey’s irritation) and I have dozens of worm castings per square yard pop up overnight in my ‘lawn’. The robins and mockingbirds love my yard.

Well all this nutrient manure talk got me thinking after a quick trip to the attic.... I have this and it's about the best manure nutrient rich stuff bat guano thats 2 or so years old that I cleaned out of my attic when I had to put metal mesh up and make bats stop going threw a crack in the bricks into my attic but they were up there chilling for quite a while so got a couple coffee cans full of it so plan on mixing it in the soil when I transplant them into the ground man glad I thought about that after the chicken manure talk.....
20220516_090118.jpg

Well all this nutrient manure talk got me thinking after a quick trip to the attic.... I have this and it's about the best manure nutrient rich stuff bat guano thats 2 or so years old that I cleaned out of my attic when I had to put metal mesh up and make bats stop going threw a crack in the bricks into my attic but they were up there chilling for quite a while so got a couple coffee cans full of it so plan on mixing it in the soil when I transplant them into the ground man glad I thought about that after the chicken manure talk..... View attachment 297025
Aged homegrown bat guano. Mmm mmm good…
B9766AC9-5D2E-4BB6-9DFE-08DCB4EF871E.png

My guess is the chicken manure isn’t concentrated enough to burn your plants @bigsur51. It looks like you have a pretty large garden so you get the benefit of the nutrients and microbes from the chicken as it slowly leaches into your soil. Birds **** everywhere in my yard(we have hundreds of birds visit our 4 feeders and 4 suet cages) and my polyculture lawn(unlike @pute ’s fairways) grows like, uh, a weed…
I expressed concern over fecal coliform somewhere here and I suspect I have a good amount of it in my yard but my house is a ‘shoes off’ house so I hope it isn’t getting in much. I may be immune to it at this point anyway. Years of exposure has a way of enhancing natural immunity(which is a forbidden term theses days)….

@Big, have you looked at the weather forecast later this week. Snow and possible freezing temps are coming. Sure am glad I don't have any delicate plants in the ground. Happens almost every year...a late frost/freeze. All my neighbors have been busy planting flowers an veggies the weekend. You would think they would learn. I told my neighbor across the street not to plant yet but she went ahead anyway.

I hope you did what is necessary to protect your plants.

@Big, have you looked at the weather forecast later this week. Snow and possible freezing temps are coming. Sure am glad I don't have any delicate plants in the ground. Happens almost every year...a late frost/freeze. All my neighbors have been busy planting flowers an veggies the weekend. You would think they would learn. I told my neighbor across the street not to plant yet but she went ahead anyway.

I hope you did what is necessary to protect your plants.

sh-it damn fvck sonofabitch

the dam forecast seems to change every day!

yeah , looks like we will have to cover some pepper and watermelon and tomato plants with buckets

like we have done in years past

my poor neighbors apple tree is gonna get hammered if it freezes

i can live with 33 degrees and lots of buckets!

but if it goes below that and there is some wind , we’ll there is always next year

sh-it dam fvck sonofabitch

516A7535-05EB-4797-9E2D-AEF056680575.png

the dam forecast seems to change every day!

yeah , looks like we will have to cover some pepper and watermelon and tomato plants with buckets

like we have done in years past

my poor neighbors apple tree is gonna get hammered if it freezes

i can live with 33 degrees and lots of buckets!

but if it goes below that and there is some wind , we’ll there is always next year

sh-it dam fvck sonofabitch

View attachment 297031
I can get you a sweet deal on some used smudge pots

And it tastes like Chicken when smoked LOL
1652723424112.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back