bigs outdoor grow 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Drift!

Back to gardening please.

Swedes raised beds…dam that was a lot of dirt I hauled and my back feels it this morning

since it may freeze this weekend , we will wait to plant the veggies until the coast is clear

14E92FF2-ED86-4C39-87AE-03F80351D9C0.jpeg
3DBF68E3-6399-4B01-AE9A-5AB92EC4BD0A.jpeg

Thread Drift!

Back to gardening please.

Swedes raised beds…dam that was a lot of dirt I hauled and my back feels it this morning

since it may freeze this weekend , we will wait to plant the veggies until the coast is clear

View attachment 297127View attachment 297128
Heck I would need an ambulance on stand by if I tried to do all that in a yr

Heck I would need an ambulance on stand by if I tried to do all that in a yr

fvck me running , we had to load around 50 bags and then unload them when we got home……not to mention dumping them in the beds , mixing them with the compost and worm poo , a lot of manual labor and I’m feeling it today

and we are just getting started!

one of my big challenges is controlling an invasion of bind weed , the devils curse of gardeners

anyone know how to get rid of bindweed?

I am all ears

fvck me running , we had to load around 50 bags and then unload them when we got home……not to mention dumping them in the beds , mixing them with the compost and worm poo , a lot of manual labor and I’m feeling it today

and we are just getting started!

one of my big challenges is controlling an invasion of bind weed , the devils curse of gardeners

anyone know how to get rid of bindweed?

I am all ears
Is that Morning glory?
I have that in my main Garden Its a root in the soil and winters over like poison ivy
The whole roots system needs to go.
I was reading only weed killer like round up will do it but heck now not in my Garden

Fertilizer aint cheap either.
Nothing is anymore except hand sanitizer. My wife brought home a bag full that a store was unloading at 25 cents a bottle. Manufacturers ramped up production when they thought it would be useful for the ‘Rona. Now that it has been shown to be useless(like all ‘Rona related hysteria), they can’t give it away(until Mrs Fogey sees stuff priced at ‘half nothing’). I need to take her credit cards away…

Thats cheap I have had it delivered close to 100

we drive 125 miles one way to buy it so yeah , with todays gas prices it takes us a tank of gas to get there and back so I have to add that cost to the mix

and then there is my labor and I won’t even get out of bed unless I make $420 dollars a day

what a fun hobby eh!

Is that Morning glory?
I have that in my main Garden Its a root in the soil and winters over like poison ivy
The whole roots system needs to go.
I was reading only weed killer like round up will do it but heck now not in my Garden

looks like morning glory

most gardeners I have a strong dislike for weeds. They create more work and rob our plants of much needed nutrients and water. But like many things in life not all weeds are created equally. By that I mean some weeds tend to be more of a pain in the backside than others. Some weeds are easy to eradicate while others are next to impossible. One of the worst to deal with is field bindweed.

Field bindweed produces an almost delicate looking vine with arrow or shield-shaped leaves. It can be seen vining along the ground in gardens or the lawns. It can also be seen winding its way up fences and your favorite plant. Sometimes it is almost hidden until it burst into flowers. Bindweed has trumpet-like flowers that bloom in pink or white, resembling that of a small morning glory.

The vining weed is best known for its ability to multiply. Field bindweed is a non-native plant that spreads to smother or out-compete millions of acres of Kansas crops. Its spread did not stop in the country farm fields. Bindweed has adapted to city life and can be found in many lawns, gardens and landscape beds. In fact, in Kansas bindweed has been placed on the noxious weed list. A list that only includes the most damaging to crops and difficult to control

Bindweed can form tangled mats, run along the ground, twist and twine around other plants, plus climb up and over all kinds of things. Each plant can produce up to 500 seeds that remain viable for 50 years. But, bindweed’s real strength is underground, where the vine’s roots grow deep into the ground, while also extending out far enough to reach from one landscape into neighbors’ yards. A break in or bud on those lateral roots can produce another plant.

truly an evil weed and a gardeners worst nightmare

https://www.johnson.k-state.edu/lawn-garden/agent-articles/weeds/bindweed.html

looks like morning glory

most gardeners I have a strong dislike for weeds. They create more work and rob our plants of much needed nutrients and water. But like many things in life not all weeds are created equally. By that I mean some weeds tend to be more of a pain in the backside than others. Some weeds are easy to eradicate while others are next to impossible. One of the worst to deal with is field bindweed.

Field bindweed produces an almost delicate looking vine with arrow or shield-shaped leaves. It can be seen vining along the ground in gardens or the lawns. It can also be seen winding its way up fences and your favorite plant. Sometimes it is almost hidden until it burst into flowers. Bindweed has trumpet-like flowers that bloom in pink or white, resembling that of a small morning glory.

The vining weed is best known for its ability to multiply. Field bindweed is a non-native plant that spreads to smother or out-compete millions of acres of Kansas crops. Its spread did not stop in the country farm fields. Bindweed has adapted to city life and can be found in many lawns, gardens and landscape beds. In fact, in Kansas bindweed has been placed on the noxious weed list. A list that only includes the most damaging to crops and difficult to control

Bindweed can form tangled mats, run along the ground, twist and twine around other plants, plus climb up and over all kinds of things. Each plant can produce up to 500 seeds that remain viable for 50 years. But, bindweed’s real strength is underground, where the vine’s roots grow deep into the ground, while also extending out far enough to reach from one landscape into neighbors’ yards. A break in or bud on those lateral roots can produce another plant.

truly an evil weed and a gardeners worst nightmare

https://www.johnson.k-state.edu/lawn-garden/agent-articles/weeds/bindweed.html
Looked them up That is what I have , tried to eradicate them for 6 yrs now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back