bigs outdoor grow 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Big
I am curious as to what you are using on your outdoor flock as far as bug routine
I am looking for a basic bug spray reg/every 2 weeks.
I was using Monterey LG6332 Bacillus Thuringiensis (B.t.) Worm & Caterpillar Killer Insecticide/Pesticide Treatment Concentrate, Organic Gardening apps

I have this also but never had to open it , old maybe 6yrs unopened does it go bad
1656591634010.png

Never had much need for any other than the Catti killer

Kindbud cheated. He has a crystal ball. 😁

yeah I know!

what are the odds he would win twice!?

so yeah , he will not be eligible for the next contest , that will be the new rule , if one wins then they have to take a timeout on the next contest

ang just to be fair , I’m gonna give away some seeds to the second place winner which is Smaccio

so Smaccio please send me a safe addy and I’ll get some killer seeds off to ya

Morning Big
I am curious as to what you are using on your outdoor flock as far as bug routine
I am looking for a basic bug spray reg/every 2 weeks.
I was using Monterey LG6332 Bacillus Thuringiensis (B.t.) Worm & Caterpillar Killer Insecticide/Pesticide Treatment Concentrate, Organic Gardening apps

good morning Amigo , thanks for stopping by , always a pleasure

thanks for the question

my garden philosophy is Integrated Pest Management , IPM

I am always learning and applying new techniques and procedures

The goal is to move myself further along the continuum to using all appropriate IPM techniques.

i try to keep everything as simple as possible so I start the season out using Monterrey Bt , we have lots of nasty moths around here who love to lay eggs on the pot plants

i will start spraying before any signs of moths or bugs in the garden

when I see a moth or leaf miner , I spray once a week until I don’t see them anymore

if the bugs get out of control , I hit them with Pyganic and a couple days later with Azamax , repeat every 5-7 days

i stop the Pyganic and Azamax when I see no more bugs

the chickens take care of the grasshoppers and other bugs

i had a bad infestation of aphids and mites one year due to my negligence , but the Pyganic and Azamax got them under control before harvest

my goal is to get everything under control during the vegging stage and hopefully have zero spraying all through flower

this does not always work and if spraying is needed it is usually minimal with a spot here and there

because it is so dry out here , 5-20% humidity , I do not have problems with mold spores or powdery mildew

i hope this helps , it’s really a lot of daily looking at one’s plants up close and personal and this usually happens as we trim up the plant and prep it for harvest which is just pruning off excess leaves and the tiny popcorn bud sites , a semi lollipop is what I call it lol

here is a little info on IPM

What is IPM?
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an effective and environmentally sensitive approach to pest management that relies on a combination of common-sense practices. IPM programs use current, comprehensive information on the life cycles of pests and their interaction with the environment. This information, in combination with available pest control methods, is used to manage pest damage by the most economical means, and with the least possible hazard to people, property, and the environment.

The IPM approach can be applied to both agricultural and non-agricultural settings, such as the home, garden, and workplace. IPM takes advantage of all appropriate pest management options including, but not limited to, the judicious use of pesticides. In contrast, organic food production applies many of the same concepts as IPM but limits the use of pesticides to those that are produced from natural sources, as opposed to synthetic chemicals.

https://www.epa.gov/safepestcontrol/integrated-pest-management-ipm-principles

good morning Amigo , thanks for stopping by , always a pleasure

thanks for the question

my garden philosophy is Integrated Pest Management , IPM

I am always learning and applying new techniques and procedures

The goal is to move myself further along the continuum to using all appropriate IPM techniques.

i try to keep everything as simple as possible so I start the season out using Monterrey Bt , we have lots of nasty moths around here who love to lay eggs on the pot plants

i will start spraying before any signs of moths or bugs in the garden

when I see a moth or leaf miner , I spray once a week until I don’t see them anymore

if the bugs get out of control , I hit them with Pyganic and a couple days later with Azamax , repeat every 5-7 days

i stop the Pyganic and Azamax when I see no more bugs

the chickens take care of the grasshoppers and other bugs

i had a bad infestation of aphids and mites one year due to my negligence , but the Pyganic and Azamax got them under control before harvest

my goal is to get everything under control during the vegging stage and hopefully have zero spraying all through flower

this does not always work and if spraying is needed it is usually minimal with a spot here and there

because it is so dry out here , 5-20% humidity , I do not have problems with mold spores or powdery mildew

i hope this helps , it’s really a lot of daily looking at one’s plants up close and personal and this usually happens as we trim up the plant and prep it for harvest which is just pruning off excess leaves and the tiny popcorn bud sites , a semi lollipop is what I call it lol

here is a little info on IPM

What is IPM?
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an effective and environmentally sensitive approach to pest management that relies on a combination of common-sense practices. IPM programs use current, comprehensive information on the life cycles of pests and their interaction with the environment. This information, in combination with available pest control methods, is used to manage pest damage by the most economical means, and with the least possible hazard to people, property, and the environment.

The IPM approach can be applied to both agricultural and non-agricultural settings, such as the home, garden, and workplace. IPM takes advantage of all appropriate pest management options including, but not limited to, the judicious use of pesticides. In contrast, organic food production applies many of the same concepts as IPM but limits the use of pesticides to those that are produced from natural sources, as opposed to synthetic chemicals.

https://www.epa.gov/safepestcontrol/integrated-pest-management-ipm-principles
Thks Big
I asked because not everyone who grows has the same conditions
It is very humid where I am and I have to watch for WPM even in veg
The bugs not so bad unless the butterflies invade and of course the Gypsie moths .
I use BT every other week up until the last few weeks.
I spray for PM right through

Any and every sale transaction is right there on the block chain, it is just unreported. If the amounts are peanuts, likely nothing to worry, if not, I would worry.

Bubba
The block chain only records the hash code, not the individuals who made the transaction. There was a time when it was easy to purchase coins anonymously. It's only slightly more difficult today.

Thks Big
I asked because not everyone who grows has the same conditions
It is very humid where I am and I have to watch for WPM even in veg
The bugs not so bad unless the butterflies invade and of course the Gypsie moths .
I use BT every other week up until the last few weeks.
I spray for PM right through

exactly

and one also has to consider the strain they are growing

curious , what do you use for PM?

we had some PM issues a long time ago and found that Oxidate works really really good against PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back